Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Mazda3 Recalled
2010 Mazda3 recalled

Mazda may have just launched its 2010 Mazda3 sedan and hatchback last month in North America, but the automaker has already been forced to recall all 25,400 of its small cars over the possibility of a wiring harness design that can lead to system short circuits.

Clearance between the engine wiring harness and the starter motor housing is insufficient, meaning a vibrating wiring harness could rub up against the starter motor and cause a short circuit that could stall the vehicle and make it unable to be restarted.

Mazda will repair damaged wiring harnesses and add a protector clip designed to keep the wiring harness away from the starter motor housing.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that the recall, Mazda Recall 5409D, will begin on May 6. Concerned owners can also call Mazda’s North American operations at 1-800-222-5500.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
LMAO stupid clown cars.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

now that sucks
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
'Smiley' is not so smiley anymore...

Nice cars though. At least they caught it pretty quick.
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
That's what they get for scavenging RX-8 looks and putting it on an inferior car... the whole damn lineup looks like a bunch of mutated RX-8s now... hellapathetisad.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Scorcher000,Apr 20 2009, 02:16 PM Wrote:LMAO stupid clown cars.
[right][snapback]285425[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
I hate that big smile on the front of that car, even the new Speed 3 looks silly.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I agree ,a little too big . Maybe they went after the Peugeot style front end
They didn't really ruin the looks of the new 3, just doesn't look &quot;Right&quot; or like an improvement. I think the car they ruined is the new 6...sure, it's more mature looking than the last generation, but it looks too much like everything else coming out of Asia...the last one was easy to tell apart from other brands.

Glad that they caught a flaw and have fixed it already though...(they can look for similar ones in the new Focus and Fiesta).
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Maybe japanese design has a tendency to repeat the '60-'70s , if you think of the japanese cars they al had a certain &quot;asian&quot; look , it was impossible to mistake one for a european car , never mind for an american . Now , if you take the badge off you might not be able to tell which is which , unless you're a car guy
Other than that , they are great cars , my wife drives a 2008 Mazda3 and we have nothing but good words about it
Oh how i wish Ford had done a recall to replace the wiring harness where is passes from roof line to the hatch on the Focus Station Wagon before the insulation craked, fuses blew and almost set fire to my car.

I wont be buying another car from a manufacturer who knows about this fault but doesnt consider either the fire risk or loosing all the lights at the back end to be a saftery hazzard!
Congrats to Mazda for been honest, upfront, fast responding and vocal rather than trying to fleece money out of its customers and brushing such information under the carpet.