Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New System Setup
isnt JBL and JL kinda the same company... with a top line & mid line range of products. I enjoy my JBL amp cuz it does the job and it was only 385bucks. Ill never pay full price for car audio anymore. its to damned expensive. HAHA
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
Last time I checked JL was a totally different company. Also their products are pretty different too. I know that at least the W7 series subwoofers are 3 ohm. The JL amps run the same rms wattage anywhere between 1.5-4 ohms so with any wiring setup of multiple woofers that add up to 1.5-4 ohm will have the same RMS value. JL's rms wattages are also very underated. Apparently my JL Audio 500/1 is 500 watts RMS but when tested at the factory it was over 700 I think.
it seems everything is underrated... lol

I've seemed to think JBL was the little sister of the JL line up back in the day. since the W7, JL has kinda taken off on that.
So the ass in the states that I purchased the cap off of has yet to ship it. I e-mailed him and he told me that those caps have been on order for 4 weeks and the supplier just keeps telling him that they should be on the next shipment. Is it even possible to sell stuff on ebay that you don't have in stock? Can I leave this guy negative feedback? I might just get my money back from him and find another cap. Piss me off!!!
i will wait up to a month on shipping before i get angry. after one month i create a stink. Once i had an item sit at the canada/us boarder for 4 days because the boarders were having a disclaimer issue on some term of rights. stupid if ya ask me.

So i bought the JL 300/2 for my new componenets.
That will power the components very nicely. You won't regret it. Also it's a pretty small amp!
Hey nice! Got to see more pics!
Malby will this sit in the spare well or ontop of it?
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
Penwraith,Feb 10 2005, 07:31 AM Wrote:Hey nice! Got to see more pics!
Malby will this sit in the spare well or ontop of it?
[right][snapback]84915[/snapback][/right]

Now the spare tire will remain. Basically I still need the trunk so my setup will still have a box in it so if I need to remove the sub I can.
Got any more pics? Or is it not done yet??
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Feb 23 2005, 08:18 AM Wrote:Got any more pics? Or is it not done yet??
[right][snapback]88700[/snapback][/right]

I just gotta get some 10 gauge wire for sub powering and then it will be done. Then I will shoot the pics. Hopefully by early spring I could have the seats in and everything else done.
IT'S FINALLY DONE

[Image: Interior.jpg]

[Image: ShifterandE-brake.jpg]

[Image: FrontDoorInsert.jpg]

[Image: RearPanelInsert.jpg]

[Image: System.jpg]

[Image: LeftSide.jpg]

[Image: RightSide.jpg]

[Image: Wiring.jpg]

[Image: RightSideCathode.jpg]

[Image: LeftSideCathode.jpg]

[Image: CathodeSwitch.jpg]