Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
05 Gt Stang
2001 ZTS,Jan 9 2005, 02:47 AM Wrote:
coolsvt,Jan 9 2005, 01:56 AM Wrote:.........also the weight issue 3500 lbs for the manual from the factory sheet but actually its weight is 3600 lbs dry weight for the manual with no options.I know the retro look is good but when you buy a sport car it should be light .........[right][snapback]78057[/snapback][/right]

An STi is 3300lbs dry.

My WRX with a full load (me, wife, kid, fluids and baggage) is probably over two tons (4000+lbs) but I assure you it's still plenty quick.

What I can't excuse about the Mustang is the lack of a IRS, that is stage coach and work truck tech. I imagine a Cobra version would have IRS in a year or so?
[right][snapback]78067[/snapback][/right]

IRS is nice, but meh..more parts, more hassle... people have been able to get solid axles into the 1g on the skid pad, and not too many people make fun of corvette owners because they use leaf springs... I think it's all relative.

tell people all you want that the focus is the better handler over a stock stang, and only those on the focus boards will care.

[Image: 16200516226.jpg]

sign me up!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

coolsvt,Jan 9 2005, 01:56 AM Wrote:
Associate,Jan 8 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:As far as I have been told the Bullitt wheels are actually the base wheels for the GT. All the dealers are ordering them in with the optional wheels, but the dealer in Ottawa that I deal with ordered a couple with the standard Bullitt wheels and they totally make the car......like it needs any help!!!
[right][snapback]78036[/snapback][/right]
I will take an 04 cobra anyday, the 05 gt is not that fast ,many magazines they did test them and are getting low 14's and high 13's which is the same as 04 gt ,part of the problem is the electronic throttle which limits the power when you power shift or do a burn out ,the system is called torque management the same in the new F150,ford did this system to limit any damage from the drivetrain caused by driver abuse,also the weight issue 3500 lbs for the manual from the factory sheet but actually its weight is 3600 lbs dry weight for the manual with no options.I know the retro look is good but when you buy a sport car it should be light and why they did left the solid axle for a modern car for some people that is ok (drag racing) but for road racing its no good I know they did change the set up in the back to handle better but it still a solid axle . The think an 04 cobra or the new cobra with its 4.6l or 5.4l whipple supercharged is the one to get I know it will cost more but they are more fun and you don't see to many around B) .
[right][snapback]78057[/snapback][/right]
I think you missed my point!! I was strickly talking cosmetics. I have seen the 05 GT with the Bullitt wheels and it makes the car, in my opinion. As for comparing the standard GT with an 04 Cobra, well that really isn't fair, the GT is for anyone and the Cobra is for the people in the know. As for the solid axle, Joe average will never know the difference, plus if Ford put all the goodies on the GT then the guys at SVT would be out of a job.. I too cannot wait for the Cobra!!
Ive been a huge fan of the looks, but today there was one im parking lot. I stood there and looked at it for a GOOD long while...and meh, it didnt do anything for me...

driving is a different story, but im really not impressed with the looks in person anymore...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Jan 9 2005, 08:25 PM Wrote:Ive been a huge fan of the looks, but today there was one im parking lot.  I stood there and looked at it for a GOOD long while...and meh, it didnt do anything for me...

driving is a different story, but im really not impressed with the looks in person anymore...
[right][snapback]78124[/snapback][/right]

was it a GT or a 6'er?

also, the wheels that they all seem to have realy dont help.

if it had had the mustang bullit wheels you would have liked it more im sure.

------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
here's a picture of the exact one that I want.

same wheels and same color, with leather interior

[Image: Launch4.jpg]
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Those rims look a lot better than the crapy ones I have been seeing on the car.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
so funny hey,

the base rim look beefier and way better than the cheap ass looking optional rims.... lol :rolleyes:

the one I posted at least look like they belong on this car and not a windstar...
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
those are nice wheels, they look great with that car..

i just realized now, those 'bullitt' wheels look a lot like the fuchs wheels that came on old school 911s.

[Image: 911fuchs.JPG]
As nice as they are... and even with the UGLIEST back end I've seen in a while, I think they look pretty trick.

I'll bet a neat set of tires witht he red sripe on the side wall like the vintage ponies had would look cool too.
As stated before guys... hold off untill next year so they can get all their recalls organized. :lol:
Meister has an 03 cobra with 550whp... he played with an 05 for a day, thru it on the dyno etc... His comments, "Given the same power in the 05, it would drive circles around the 03 cobra and I'd be first in line to trade up."

I can't wait to drive one just to feel it. It's not what turns me on as far as what I'd own, but it would sure be fun to play with one. I'm die-hard sport compact... small, agile, quick... etc you know the deal. But I cannot deny the beauty of that new machine... rock on Ford. :D
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BrooksZX3,Jan 10 2005, 10:36 AM Wrote:Meister has an 03 cobra with 550whp... he played with an 05 for a day, thru it on the dyno etc...  His comments, "Given the same power in the 05, it would drive circles around the 03 cobra and I'd be first in line to trade up."

I can't wait to drive one just to feel it.  It's not what turns me on as far as what I'd own, but it would sure be fun to play with one.  I'm die-hard sport compact... small, agile, quick... etc you know the deal.  But I cannot deny the beauty of that new machine... rock on Ford. :D
[right][snapback]78205[/snapback][/right]

It certainly is one of the best looking NEW cars out there.
I'd buy one as a weekend tourer, mod the s**t out of it, but I'd still have the Focus for a daily driver!

They DO look slick... I just need to take an afternoon off and go check one out at Stockfish.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.