Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Comments About "dyno Queen" Statements...
Marction,Dec 22 2004, 03:18 PM Wrote:no...you seem to be simply confusing a car DEPENDENT on high octane to run properly with cars that BENEFITS from high octane.  Neither of those scenarios has anything to do with the term "dyno queen" anyway.  Many people build a track-only car that can only run on race gas or that sucks ass on the street.  So what?  That's STILL not a "dyno queen".

Jay and Tom are right on here.

Dyno Queen = high #s on the dyno that don't play out accordingly in performance on the track/strip.

eg. 500whp Mustang running similar times to a 700whp Mustang...great...700whp is impressive...but it means virtually nothing other than to produce impressive #s on a dyno and demonstrate some engineering/tuning cleverness to squeeze out more power.  That would be a dyno queen, IMHO. 

The type of fuel used is pretty much irrelevant.  All anyone should really do, for comparitive purposes, is post the fuel they used when they did their dyno run.
[right][snapback]76016[/snapback][/right]

*Smashes head off desk, goes into coma*

I don't really give a dam about dyno queens, my argument is that daily drivers aren't feasible in pretty much anywhere that isn't in close proximity to a racetrack when they DEPEND on race gas. Jay was defending that type of tune saying it was possible, when in reality, he could never leave town with it.

That's not a daily driver, that's a bicycle-car. Great around town, never leaves town. Or, we could call it the Jekyll-and-Hyde Mr. Bean-mobile. Same concept.

Christ, why is it so hard to understand that? FFS, I wish some people would take two seconds to R-E-A-D what the dam I write, and then make a sensible and informed response.

F-U-C-K me, the lack of forethought and follow-through here astounds me.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
You guys gimme the heads up when to close this......

Pointless pointless arguement.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
1turbofocus,Dec 22 2004, 03:26 PM Wrote:I could leave here today (93)and drive to GA , Race (110) ,leave there drive to TX (93) Race (110) ,leave there drive to CA (93) Race (110) ,drive to NH(93) Race (110), then drive back home

Tom
[right][snapback]75959[/snapback][/right]

NOS2Go4Me, I think you have been banging you head to much , and didnt "read" what i said , Yes i can leave town and to anywhere i want to go and do it in the white car as low as 87 Octane fuel and drive across the US and back and race inbetween

Tom
Ok perfect.

Hes said it right there, he can travel at 87octane if he wants.

Who cares about power hes making at this, obviously its still over 200whp and its probably around 210-230 @ 8psi.

Regardless on the track everyone runs atleast 94octane which is easily attainable at / near all car events. This gas = power.

I think we can end this now. Since all the finger pointing has been solved.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
1turbofocus,Dec 22 2004, 05:32 PM Wrote:
1turbofocus,Dec 22 2004, 03:26 PM Wrote:I could leave here today (93)and drive to GA , Race (110) ,leave there drive to TX (93) Race (110) ,leave there drive to CA (93) Race (110) ,drive to NH(93) Race (110), then drive back home

Tom
[right][snapback]75959[/snapback][/right]

NOS2Go4Me, I think you have been banging you head to much , and didnt "read" what i said , Yes i can leave town and to anywhere i want to go and do it in the white car as low as 87 Octane fuel and drive across the US and back and race inbetween

Tom
[right][snapback]76035[/snapback][/right]

Tom,

I think you need to take a break from the shop and all the tailpipe emissions. WHERE THE FACK WAS I TALKING TO YOU???

I was talking about Jay's assertion that a racegas-fed car tha DEPENDS on racegas daily to run properly could be a daily driver. I already said some time ago that I agreed with you that a multi-tune machine could be quite feasible and workable.

FOR F-U-C-K sakes, people, learn to read. Please. It just might save this cesspool we call the human race. At least attempt to read what I've written before attacking me.

Dan, I'm sorry man, but the lack of higher cognitive functions exhibited here today just baffles me. People... read everything I've posted before attacking me. Perhaps then you'll see you don't actually need to attack me. HOLY FACK.

I'm going back to our Christmas social now. I need a beer.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
FociPhil,Dec 22 2004, 03:56 PM Wrote:post #1 and post #9...are the only posts that i think are worth being on this thread, everything else seems stupid...
[right][snapback]75981[/snapback][/right]

still stands...

this pointless...Jay and Tom made the clarification in regards to what the thread is about...just close it up
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Funny read..

Dyno queen comments were in reference to the fact that Tom only posts up his high octane dyno numbers. He doesn't post low octane numbers. I don't need anyone telling me I need to learn anything. I have ZERO use for Tom and any of his ramblings. His total arrogance is completely uncalled for. No one ever said he doesn't work hard or doesn't make lots of power on high octane.

Reality of this whole thing is that his 91-94 octane numbers are low period. For the 3k plus tuning and stuff for the base kit it doesn't make any power. For 6k for the top end kit it still makes similar power as the vortech. The only high power numbers are with high octane. You do not need 112 octane fuel to make power. It's easier and cheaper but it's not the only way.

It did not hurt my feelings that Tom was offended by my dyno queen reference either.

I stand by my statement. Talk 91-94 octane or don't talk at all. That's what everyone else uses. I for one am not impressed by high octane inflated power numbers. Especially when it costs 3 bux a litre.

Oh and Tom, After being self employed for over 20 years I can tell you that you don't need to put down other products to make yours look good. Until you learn that you'll keep having everybody jumping down your throat everytime you open your big mouth.

I won't be adding anymore comments to this. If you don't like what i say don't read it. Otherwise you are entitled to think whatever you like, just like me.

I'm glad I stirred up trouble.. :P
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
blue your funny, what a lot of people dont know is i built the black SVT for a good customer of mine and he decisded to sell it (changes cars like cloths)

When i bought it out from under bluetoy he was very upset and has been ever sence , seems funny that a guy wants a car that to make big power needs high octane but now puts it down

Blue there IS NO WAY to make BIG power in the Focus 10.2 compression with out running high octane fuel

You say there is , Im all ears ?

Tom
1turbofocus,Dec 22 2004, 06:50 PM Wrote:blue your funny, what a lot of people dont know is i built the black SVT for a good customer of mine and he decisded to sell it (changes cars like cloths)

When i bought it out from under bluetoy he was very upset and has been ever sence , seems funny that a guy wants a car that to make big power needs high octane but now puts it down

Blue there IS NO WAY to make BIG power in the Focus 10.2 compression with out running high octane fuel

You say there is , Im all ears ?

Tom
[right][snapback]76049[/snapback][/right]

WTF are you talking about????? Are you on Crack??? I did not want to buy it.. And never evn bid on it.. I don't know what you are talking about. I don't like you because you put down everything that everyone has that is not from your shop...

Big power in Focus... Lower compression... Duh... I did not say leave it stock. I said octane was not the only way.

Prolly Is not a word
I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Jays2000ZX3,Dec 22 2004, 08:01 PM Wrote:I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]76055[/snapback][/right]

I bow in your presence... :ph34r:

Prolly Is not a word

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell, "fatphocus"... fatphocus 13 6,016 01-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  About To "bite The Bullet" oldeguy 3 2,457 09-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  "i'm A Stranger Here" Steve 28 11,256 06-18-2009, 03:50 AM
Last Post: thenorm
  Anyone Have Info On My Car, "tantrik Zx3" fatphocus 21 7,391 12-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fatphocus
  Why Ford Sucks In "north America" ondafritz 45 21,225 05-15-2007, 03:36 AM
Last Post: oldeguy
  "brainwave" oldeguy 7 2,811 05-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Last Post: reldridge
  Odd "watery Burble" Noise At 2k In 1st? NOS2Go4Me 10 4,530 04-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Right Tire Jumps When "spinning" In 1st Gear(drag) G1rlZX3dRiVeR 22 8,014 03-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Mason
  Who Wants To Be My "eibach Buddy?" ZTWsquared 4 2,288 12-12-2006, 04:41 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  2007 Ford Focus "pzev" Frost__2001 4 2,634 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Last Post: guilty