Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Cold Starts > Me
I'm supposed to go to volleyball tonight... but I may take the bus this one time. I can deal with a broken car, I just don't want to deal with it before flying out on vacation.

But when I get back in Jan, I'll be doing a full blown cold-weather test.

My focus was never a problem starting... mostly. It started in -40 without being plugged in, and it started that fateful morning when it was plugged in and -46 ... except the exaust froze solid.. go figure.

I had an 84 nissan 4x4 that started in -51C (-55C with windchill) without ever being plugged in (it parked on the street). I turned it over a few times, pumping the gas... the 1st 15 seconds, she'd barely turn.. then as the started slowly worked things free, she turned over. It took 2 tries, but she started, and I held the starter on until she got up to idle.

Then try moving a 4x with frozen hubs/axles/tranny..

shifted her into 4 low, and drove it in 1st gear halfway to the university.... couldn't shift gears because the truck would just screetch to a halt (without the engine turning things, it would skid as everything seized up)...

got to the university in -50C weather, only to find out the school was closed due to the extreme temperatures...

sissies.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I plugged mine in last night....

And will do so again tonight.
I've never had problems starting up the focus in the winter.

Last year the car spent most of the winter outside instead of the garage, and even after sitting in sub -25 weather for over two weeks with a car cover on it, it always started on the first turn.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Focus Rs Production Starts konafocuswrc 31 7,937 02-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Last Post: NikiterZTS