Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Focus And An Echo...
Surprisingly, I find it easier to drive with the cluster in the middle then at the "normal" location.

It's almost like I don't have to look down anymore, I just look to the side which to me means I don't take my eyes off the road as much. :)

I do have to say it took about a week to get used to.
6'2 and long legs also so Im f**ked for the echo and miata, I mean the seat is all the way back in my focus already. I dont recline it cause I hate the laid back drive, so it pretty much a 90 degree angle.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
You, who know me, know I am no small fellow. I make puppet look small. 6"4" and more than 275 on a good day.

I am really surprised you can't fit in the Miata Steve. Even I have driven in one as a passenger, maybe that's a different story, but I loved the car. But I have to agree with you about the sentra. That's why I talked the boy out of getting one and buying the Focus.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
When I crammed into the Echo last month... the seat was all the way back, no height adjustment possible, and the seatback was rolled back a fair bit. I'm 6'3", 180... and I road trip every chance I get in the Focus. It's not to say I wouldn't swap the seats if offered Recaros, but they're more than bearable by far.

Miatas, Sentras, Cavaliers, Stunfires, etc... I don't fit. Tried many times, especially the GM crap... I don't fit without the "gangsta" driving position.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
6'3 180? wow.

I couldn't say how it is in my car if you were above 6'. i can say I have put 2 guys in the back, both 200lbs/5'11 ish and PLENTY of room for the person in the front.

Either way, I've personally driven the Focus, highly modified NA and Turbo and then the Echo and I prefer the Echo even stock. Maybe it's the 650km on 30$ talking lol and the 12000km in 3 months.
gay.

anna has made you soft.

asleast you still acknowledge honda > all. :P
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Penwraith,Jan 4 2005, 03:02 AM Wrote:Echo - It's a tiny comuter for small people.City dweller.SRT - a neon- plus for those who need training wheels
          and are afraid to drive the  Ford Mustang!

Someone has to drop a 351 v8 into an echo ... go baby!
[right][snapback]77287[/snapback][/right]

its also a family car for my 2 kids becasue there is four doors as for the satng comment been there doen that adnthis thing is just as fast and has better top end that your 5L'er and this comes from a guy that drives a focus :rolleyes: your comments are about as smart as you :lol: when I grow up can I be like you???

dumbass
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
srt4 is gay. :huh: :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jan 10 2005, 02:50 PM Wrote:srt4 is gay.  :huh:  :D
[right][snapback]78244[/snapback][/right]

but still faster then you :P
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Jan 10 2005, 08:07 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]78297[/snapback][/right]

<_< :(
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
DD1,Jan 11 2005, 12:07 AM Wrote:

Yes, but you also paid more then him.

;)
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
2004 SRT-4 - 0-60mph 5.3sec
Top End: 153mph

2003 Mustang SVT Cobra - 0-60mph 4.5sec
Top End: 155mph (limited)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Aniversary - 0-60mph 4.8sec
Top End: 175mph

Don't get me wrong, the SRT-4 is a very respectable Dodge and yes it may be a little wee bit quicker than a Mustang GT, but don't even go into SVT Territory. And the Vette's? Don't brag about top speed too much, theres never a replacement for displacement ;)

All stats from http://www.fast-autos.net
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
Burnin21,Jan 10 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:2004 SRT-4 - 0-60mph 5.3sec
        Top End: 153mph

2003 Mustang SVT Cobra - 0-60mph 4.5sec
        Top End: 155mph (limited)

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Aniversary - 0-60mph 4.8sec
                                                        Top End: 175mph

Don't get me wrong, the SRT-4 is a very respectable Dodge and yes it may be a little wee bit quicker than a Mustang GT, but don't even go into SVT Territory. And the Vette's? Don't brag about top speed too much, theres never a replacement for displacement ;)

All stats from http://www.fast-autos.net
[right][snapback]78315[/snapback][/right]

so whats your point?? so I hope a car that costs more then double my car is faster the 04's new are selling at 22 g's apples and oranges my friendplus I can go faster in 3rd gear then I could ever go in my past 2 focus'
"DDone" It's still a high powered Neon. (yahoo!) ;)
So Please ... Your Point ;) ... Like the Ears on a PO- TA -TO ! :lol:

Could swear we started out with a "critique of the echo"?

"You are too easy!"

PS. please grow up...
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
DD1,Jan 11 2005, 12:07 AM Wrote:

Quote:apples and oranges my friend
Whatever,
A neon is a neon, I rather drive a pinto instead. At least the pinto would probably last longer :lol: As for a $22,000 SRT-4, where the HELL do you find one of those? Every dealership i've been around has $28,000+ and for that kind of money I would rather go out and by a used Stang GT/Camaro SS or better yet take my Dads 90' ZR1 off his hands and still be faster than you.

15.7 @ 86mph

12.3 @ 110mph

1/4 TBD
ok I admit it your a better person then me :rolleyes:

I have had 2 foci adn this car is way more fun. But youcan always wait untill "daddy" is done with his toy. Or be a man and get your own car :ph34r:

there is always going to be the comparsions between V8's and little 4 bangers, everybody his an opiion B) So thats the end of this

P.S I think those 2 cars in the beginning of the thread are cool
There is an SRT-4 ACR now. You know, just like there used to be a NEON ACR.

[Image: IMG_1050.jpg]

Those look like the same BBS wheels offered as an option on the WRX, if are they same then they are forged. I'll have to check my records as Subaru offers a few BBS wheel options.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
DD1,Jan 16 2005, 12:49 AM Wrote:ok I admit it your a better person then me  :rolleyes:

I have had 2 foci adn this car is way more fun. But youcan always wait untill "daddy" is done with his toy. Or be a man and get your own car :ph34r:

there is always going to be the comparsions between V8's and little 4 bangers, everybody his an opiion B)  So thats the end of this

P.S I think those 2 cars in the beginning of the thread are cool
[right][snapback]79068[/snapback][/right]

Sorry I took this the wrong way.......I thought you might have been dissin the American Muscle.............I'm a huge fan of American Muscle and looking at a 68' Fastback right now to rebuild for myself in the next 10 years. I like the SRT-4 by the way I've always liked it, I just hate how Dodge would give all their other cars cool names like Ram and Viper and they give they're little sport compact a name Neon.......What were they thinking?

15.7 @ 86mph

12.3 @ 110mph

1/4 TBD