Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Detonation
Man it must just be ur car ive had no problems with mine...no wait i have to get a new ignition cylinder(i never even heard of that going out till this car), however i have never had fuel problems.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
FocusTunerzx3,Dec 15 2004, 09:43 PM Wrote:Man it must just be ur car ive had no problems with mine...no wait i have to get a new ignition cylinder(i never even heard of that going out till this car), however i have never had fuel problems.
[right][snapback]74725[/snapback][/right]

:blink:

Oh course it is the car? What else would it be? Space aliens? Voodoo curse?

The DPFE is extremely common failure, probably the most common of all. Note that it is often called other names:

http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...=5&fpart=1&vc=1
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Is your car garaged or parked outside? If it is outside all night moisture may be getting in during the day then freezing overnight cracking some flimsy plastic part affecting sensors giving you a CEL :angry:

My car is always parked in the garage. The only time my car has ever acted up was when it has been out in cold damp weather.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Dec 15 2004, 10:24 PM Wrote:Is your car garaged or parked outside? If it is outside all night moisture may be getting in during the day then freezing overnight cracking some flimsy plastic part affecting sensors giving you a CEL :angry:

My car is always parked in the garage.  The only time my car has ever acted up was when it has been out in cold damp weather.
[right][snapback]74730[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is outside and yes I heard about the cold and moisture problem. I went back to FocalJet :rolleyes: to find my old posts, this will be my 4th*. Two failed in December one failed in May.

*though I'm pretty sure I did it this spring as well for 5, I have to check my records.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Dec 15 2004, 10:31 PM Wrote:*though I'm pretty sure I did it this spring as well for 5, I have to check my records.
[right][snapback]74732[/snapback][/right]

DAMNIT

I was right but it wasn't this spring...........

........it was just 3 months and 4000km ago! On 10 September 04.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Wait its not just the car...god hates u or santa does; but, we all know they are the same person right(Trailer Park Boys Rip Off).
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
Watch it be revealed years from now that the plant in Wayne Michigan was erected on some sort of Indian burial ground or something. Can anybody recommend a Shaman? Would that be covered under warranty?

It had better not be the case that it needs a heated and humidity controlled garage or be delegated to "summer car" and stored all winter, it's a Focus not a Ferrari.

I ask so little of the damn thing too.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
:lol:

Aren't we all so smart! It was nothing more than a corroded plug wire.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Dec 16 2004, 10:41 AM Wrote::lol:

Aren't we all so smart! It was nothing more than a corroded plug wire.
[right][snapback]74837[/snapback][/right]

Marction,Dec 8 2004, 02:23 PM Wrote:stumbling/hesitation while driving?  my first thought would be injector(s) or wires...

well then...thank you very much!!! :P
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
I think we are all giving gasoline too much credit for the ill effects we are blaming it for. Not every oil company out there has it's own dedicated refinery supplying only it's retail establishments. Many retailers (unknowingly or not) are buying from the same refinery. As for crud, isn't that why we all run fuel filters?
I also think a lot of people equate high octane with high performance, and this is dead wrong. High octane gas burns, not explodes, and it burns slower than the lower octanes. If an engine has enough compression to achieve peak performance on 87 octane then running higher octanes will not improve performance, and may actually make it run worse! Higher octane gas has aromatics (i.e. Toluene) added to the mixture to boost octane which contribute to the slower burn, and have added detergents to eliminate the "soot" left behind from burning these heavier additives. (Remember leaded gas?) So, I can see how one may believe that high-test burns cleaner, but it burns slower. The real benefit from high octane is from it's resistance to knock, allowing us to run increased boost and compression. The real test is in comparing straight line acceleration results using a variety of octanes. Or, in fuel consumption, which will show efficiency of the burn (measured distance travelled per measured fuel consumed). I think that 99 times out of 100, we can blame mechanical failure for our problems.