Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticking Fc Tb
Ok This should fix the problem.

Screw in the idel(SP) Screw a few turns.
Chromey,Nov 26 2004, 12:31 AM Wrote:Ok This should fix the problem.

Screw in the idel(SP) Screw a few turns.
[right][snapback]71606[/snapback][/right]

what's that?? can someone show me a pic of this? so i can try this out before go and complain for teh 5th time about the same thing, i think they are getting annoyed with me already!
There is a little screw that acts as a stopper for the throttle cable and when you move it ahead it will keep your idle higher (in the RPM range). If you back it off, the idle will go lower. Not sure if that would have anything to do with the sticking, I know on mine, it would be a bit tougher to get initially going but it was fine after it warms up, etc.
My stock TB used to do that.

I just turned the idle cable a touch and it worked fine. no more sticking. ;)
The only reason I say turn it in is so the Throttle Flap cant close completely around the edges, Hense nothing to stick on.

Now if that dosent fix the problem then its not your throttle body.
Chromey,Nov 26 2004, 07:45 PM Wrote:The only reason I say turn it in is so the Throttle Flap cant close completely around the edges, Hense nothing to stick on.

Now if that dosent fix the problem then its not your throttle body.
[right][snapback]71807[/snapback][/right]

only problem with that is that you will notice a slower return back to idle....the engine as it winds down is still getting air...the MAF see this ....tells the computer and the car gets more fuel...thus kinda slowing the process down...

I tried this solution when my stock cat was on its way out and the car would not idle properly...that is what happened...when I put the high flow in the same thing contiued untill I set the flaper in the throttle body all the way back to closed....end of problem....

my 2 cents
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges