Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Rate Your Dealorship?
The simple truth is all dealerships suck unless you are able to build a peronal relationship with someone there.

I have an excellent relationship with Subaru of Mississauga since 1996 and have been trying to find a Ford equivalent since 2000. I went through a dozen and thought I had thought I found a good one with Bay Ford Lincoln.

Last Thursday I took the car in for an oil change and at "no charge extra" it included in the package an "inspection" of brakes, tires, fluids etc.

Recomended was:

1. rotating tires
2. rear brake pads

Problems with above:

1. technician did not notice the L-R tire, the one proposed to go up front, was delaminating tread from sidewall so bad that Steelcase is certain it is a 100% recoverable cost warranty item from Falken, so much so the replacement was free and they will recover the cost down the road. It was so obviously falling apart that AnthonyD pointed it out to me at the GTG just one day after Bay Ford Lincoln recommended it should be taken from the rear end and put on a driven axle.

2. I'm not sure how anybody could possibly recommend rear drum work when such an inspection normally involes removing the rear wheel? They can claim to have done so but the problem is..........................

.........................I have not one but two different patterned McGuard spline nuts on each wheel.

I had asked for an oil change only so I left the lugs at home. Any recommended rear drum work was obviously fabricated.

They are all SCAMMERS.

The search continues.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Just bought my car from Courtesy Ford here in London... seeing as my dad has bought the past 11 or 12 cars from there... from the same guy. GREAT place, if my friends dad didn't own Highbury Ford... I'd go there for everything. The service is fast, they're ACTUALLY friendly in the service dept. If you're in London, and want to buy a new Ford... go to Courtesy, ask for Gary, tell them Spencer sent you.
2001 ZTS,Jun 28 2005, 10:47 PM Wrote:The simple truth is all dealerships suck unless you are able to build a peronal relationship with someone there.

I have an excellent relationship with Subaru of Mississauga since 1996 and have been trying to find a Ford equivalent since 2000. I went through a dozen and thought I had thought I found a good one with Bay Ford Lincoln.

Last Thursday I took the car in for an oil change and at "no charge extra" it included in the package an "inspection" of brakes, tires, fluids etc.

Recomended was:

1. rotating tires
2. rear brake pads

Problems with above:

1. technician did not notice the L-R tire, the one proposed to go up front, was delaminating tread from sidewall so bad that Steelcase is certain it is a 100% recoverable cost warranty item from Falken, so much so the replacement was free and they will recover the cost down the road. It was so obviously falling apart that AnthonyD pointed it out to me at the GTG just one day after Bay Ford Lincoln recommended it should be taken from the rear end and put on a driven axle.

2. I'm not sure how anybody could possibly recommend rear drum work when such an inspection normally involes removing the rear wheel? They can claim to have done so but the problem is..........................

.........................I have not one but two different patterned McGuard spline nuts on each wheel.

I had asked for an oil change only so I left the lugs at home. Any recommended rear drum work was obviously fabricated.

They are all SCAMMERS.

The search continues.
[right][snapback]118307[/snapback][/right]

Catching your dealership in an obvious lie red-handed should be reported Andrew.
They just tried to scam you out of weaht would have costed you couple of hundered bucks.

Seriously, go to Discovery.
yeah, but in this case they'll give you all sorts of bulllsiht that they have the "master key" for the aftermarket lugnuts.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
bought my SVT zx5 from Rick Craddock over at Donway Ford, great saleman, he's no longer their he's now a bmw sales manager. I had my motor replaced at 12000km, the oil pump shaft broke and took out the motor other than that I can't complain, they replaced the motor hassle free. Thumbs up for Donway Ford.
ZX3TUNR,Nov 18 2004, 02:58 AM Wrote:Like the topic says.

How would you rate your dealor from 1-5 (1 being bad 5 being exellent). Im sure this info may come handy in the future. This would consist of the customer service you received from when you bought your car or any servicing you had done and the knowledge of salesman and mechanics that worked with you.

If you could also post what dealor it was and what happened. I can all ready imagine the results LOL.
[right][snapback]70423[/snapback][/right]
Okay thought I'd share my experience with Erinwood Ford now that I've owned the car for 3 months (Time flies when yer having fun)

Being honest the Focus wasn't even on my radar at the time. I'd been dealing with Applewood Chev Cadillac since '95, but when it came time to replace the old white fridge they had nothing on the lot that was in my price range or that my test driver liked (I can't drive without special accelerator pedal, hence the test driver requirement)

So we head over to Erinwood and they have three '05 Focus ZX4 SES sedans on the used lot, I decided to have my driver try out the red one with me riding shotgun (after determining that I could handle the controls) liked the car and my test driver liked the salesman, an older gent by the name of Scott Wilson, who I can't recommend enough, he's not afraid to badmouth Ford, that takes guts :P

First glitch hits when I realize that the radio in the car is lacking multi-disk capability and I decide less than two weeks later after nosing around for alternatives to bite the bullet and get the uplevel Ford radio.

I get told initally a price which includes a "core return credit" of my old radio. I agree and the order is placed. Later that same day I get told "whoops, we can't give you the core credit, the car has more than 2,000km on it" I balk and say no deal.

A few days later I ask the guys at Whiteoak Ford Lincon for a quote and they give me the first price including core charge. When I ask about the "2,000km limit" the parts guy looks at me like I was from Mars and says he knows of no such limit. So I place the order through him.

Whiteoak calls back, seems the order from Erinwood is still in the system! I call Erinwood back and get yelled at for going to another dealer for the radio, being told that "everybody should charge the same price" I tell him if he can't or won't honour Whiteoak's quote then I would take my service needs to Whiteoak. This makes the guy at Erinwood balk, he speaks to his manager, says he'll honour the Whiteoak price, bitching all the way.

Second glitch happens today. Two days ago I schedule a service appointment for this morning and I ask what needs to be done, on the phone the service advisor indicates all I need is a LOF (Lube, Oil, Filter) since I only bought the car from there three months ago (with only 16,712km on the clock) and it now has 20,500km.

I show up this morning and I get told "Nope, you need the 20,000km service" which includes things like a brake inspection and tire rotation which was done three months ago when they safetied the damn car :angry: and then they try to tell me that the pollen filter needs replacing. That's when I got mad, esp. since the '05 Focus doesn't have a pollen filter <_< the fact that they leave a filthy paper floormat in my car was charming as well :angry:

$268 later including a tube of touch up paint to take care of the chipped paint on the hood of the car (how paint can be so piss poorly applied that it chips in less than a year of driving is beyond me) and I'm seriously thinking of giving Whiteoak a try for service... at least their parts counter staff seem to have their s**t together :huh:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 8 2005, 07:35 PM Wrote:Okay thought I'd share my experience with Erinwood Ford now that I've owned the car for 3 months (Time flies when yer having fun)

Being honest the Focus wasn't even on my radar at the time.  I'd been dealing with Applewood Chev Cadillac since '95, but when it came time to replace the old white fridge they had nothing on the lot that was in my price range or that my test driver liked (I can't drive without special accelerator pedal, hence the test driver requirement)

So we head over to Erinwood and they have three '05 Focus ZX4 SES sedans on the used lot, I decided to have my driver try out the red one with me riding shotgun (after determining that I could handle the controls) liked the car and my test driver liked the salesman, an older gent by the name of Scott Wilson, who I can't recommend enough, he's not afraid to badmouth Ford, that takes guts  :P 

First glitch hits when I realize that the radio in the car is lacking multi-disk capability and I decide less than two weeks later after nosing around for alternatives to bite the bullet and get the uplevel Ford radio. 

I get told initally a price which includes a "core return credit" of my old radio.  I agree and the order is placed.  Later that same day I get told "whoops, we can't give you the core credit, the car has more than 2,000km on it"  I balk and say no deal. 

A few days later I ask the guys at Whiteoak Ford Lincon for a quote and they give me the first price including core charge.  When I ask about the "2,000km limit" the parts guy looks at me like I was from Mars and says he knows of no such limit.  So I place the order through him. 

Whiteoak calls back, seems the order from Erinwood is still in the system! I call Erinwood back and get yelled at for going to another dealer for the radio, being told that "everybody should charge the same price"  I tell him if he can't or won't honour Whiteoak's quote then I would take my service needs to Whiteoak.  This makes the guy at Erinwood balk, he speaks to his manager, says he'll honour the Whiteoak price, bitching all the way.

Second glitch happens today.  Two days ago I schedule a service appointment for this morning and I ask what needs to be done, on the phone the service advisor indicates all I need is a LOF (Lube, Oil, Filter) since I only bought the car from there three months ago (with only 16,712km on the clock) and it now has 20,500km.

I show up this morning and I get told "Nope, you need the 20,000km service" which includes things like a brake inspection and tire rotation which was done three months ago when they safetied the damn car :angry: and then they try to tell me that the pollen filter needs replacing.  That's when I got mad, esp. since the '05 Focus doesn't have a pollen filter  <_< the fact that they leave a filthy paper floormat in my car was charming as well  :angry: 

$268 later including a tube of touch up paint to take care of the chipped paint on the hood of the car (how paint can be so piss poorly applied that it chips in less than a year of driving is beyond me) and I'm seriously thinking of giving Whiteoak a try for service... at least their parts counter staff seem to have their s**t together  :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]120456[/snapback][/right]

If you're lucky enough to have another dealer closer (or reasonably close), deal with them. Tell the selling dealer that because they're incompetent you'll not only get your car serviced at the other dealer from now on, but you're buying from there and recommending family/friends go there as well.

Then, wait for their reaction. Better yet, only have this conversation with the general manager of the dealership. I think you might get somewhere.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
2001 ZTS,Jun 28 2005, 06:47 PM Wrote:The simple truth is all dealerships suck unless you are able to build a peronal relationship with someone there.
[right][snapback]118307[/snapback][/right]

I gotta agree with ZTS_2001.
I was tryin to get a Focus from ISFELD FORD in Abottsford :censored2: , They were tryin to scam me with the deals they give from FORD HQ, sayin they can't give them to me for some reason, like it's used ,or some BS!
Then I go to DAMS FORD here in Langley, and talk to Steve Rhency (i think thats how you spell his last name) and he shows me the printout of FORD deals for wich cars and years, and he gave me a killer deal. Then when I'm goin through the financein part, the finance lady gets even more $ off the price just so that the bank would like it better.
Also there were a bit of scratches on the pass. front lip, so after I bought it he sent a guy to meet me at home and paint it. (no charge of course)
I go back there to talk to my salesman all the time, he tells me where to go for things and who to talk to, and to tell them he sent me.
I asked him one day about gettin some touch up paint, and he ordered it and then payed for it out of his own pocket, ( I saw him pull out $ and pay the parts counter guy)
He is salesman of the month every month, and he deserves it.

He has a wicked truck that he just got, Lincoln Mark LT!
check it out here; Licoln Mark LT
www.VicVodka.com
http://www.thePman.com

[Image: 778239_85.jpg][Image: 778239_48.jpg]
ERINWOOD MAZDA - BEWARE!!!!

If you have the time to read this, I suggest you do before you consider a purchase at Erinwood Mazda in the Mississauga Autopark.

This story is almost hard to believe, but here we go - all truth , nothing embellished.

In July 2008, we leased a 2008.5 mazda 3 gt. This was a very long drawn out process, yes even longer than the usual 2 hour appointment. We picked up the car almost 2 months late, it came in a different color than we ordered b/c according to the sale rep the midnight blue was on back order. News to us, he told us he found the model and color and everything was great when we left the deposit. None the less, that wasn't a major issue , after all it is just a lease. After having the car for 4 months, my husband asks me what account the Mazda payments were pre-authorized to withdraw from for payment. Long and short, they had not taken a payment in 4 months. We called Mazda Canada credit to inquire as to why? There response " we have nothing indicating that you currently have a vehicle leased with us. We go back to double check the leasing agreement, YUP - its with Mazda Canada Credit. Call them back, they have no idea what I am talking about. I leave 2 messages with some guy who can barely speak English at Erinwood Mazda - no return phone call. No sure what to do, and If i should be doing anything at all, we do nothing. We continue to deposit money in that account to pay the credit company. Eight months later, still no payment taken from our account. Almost a YEAR later, Erinwood Mazda figures it out, calls my husband to tell him they are going to sue us. LOL! Great call retard. I'm a lawyer! GO FOR IT! ( is what is running though my mind). After a 30 minute verbal rant of insults and accusations, he hangs up the phone saying " I couldn't make out what he was saying" . Now, my husband works for Ford Motor Company. SOMEHOW the leasing agent makes it onto Ford property, past security and everything - finds my husband which is quite difficult to do in a plant of that size and starts yelling at him at work!!! My husband tells him to look over the lease agreement, find his banking info and simply withdraw the $6000 out of his account which has been sitting there for over a year.
THE GUY TELLS HIM HE HAS NO PAPERWORK FOR THE CAR WHAT SO EVER!!!
I call the dealership, explain I am a lawyer and advise him whatever he has for me to bring it cause I am more than ready for him.
Last we heard from that SHITTY dealership. They eventually figured it out and took the money with ZERO help from me.

ERINWOOD MAZDA ARE INCOMPETENT UNPROFESSIONAL RETARDS THINK AGAIN BEFORE YOU GO DOWN THAT ROUTE.

I should have filed a stalking report on him...
(11-18-2004, 04:07 PM)Raine Wrote: I think I've probably got one of the best dealerships around. Shanahan Ford on Sheppard just W. of Warden. Sales staff is friendly... service dept. is excellent (if you ever go, ask for John Borg, and when you see him, tell him Al with the Black Focus Hatch sent you. He'll take good care of ya)... mechanics are quite knowledgable, parts staff is typically rude but nice once you get to know them.. and the receptionist in service always gives me candy.

Not to mention the girl who you pay in the parts/service area is stupid hot...

just gunna say, Shanahan Ford si the dealership that finally fixed my focus once and for all after I had done the engine swap. They were on Davis Dr. by the hospital in new market. The car spent 2 weeks in the shop there but they figured it out. I was charged very reasonably and they admitted that when they asked me if they could drop the transmission that it was a hit or miss 'try'. It was a hit. They also cut me some slack on the labour charge! I'd take my focus back to them in a heartbeat.

I was uneasy about Randy at first and my step dad was the one who had to handle the initial stage but after we got past that, Randy was great. I was frustrated with the problems I was having getting my car fixed and Randy at the time wasn't exactly the most approachable. As said, once my step dad told him what was going on, Randy and I were able to work together and I've never had a problem with him. When I go there, he's who I want to talk to.

Fraser Ford in Oshawa is fucking s**t. They diag'd an engine misfire as clutch slipping. WTF?

p.s. i know this thread is ancient but its all relevant.
(11-18-2004, 04:07 PM)Raine Wrote: I think I've probably got one of the best dealerships around. Shanahan Ford on Sheppard just W. of Warden. Sales staff is friendly... service dept. is excellent (if you ever go, ask for John Borg, and when you see him, tell him Al with the Black Focus Hatch sent you. He'll take good care of ya)... mechanics are quite knowledgable, parts staff is typically rude but nice once you get to know them.. and the receptionist in service always gives me candy.

just gunna say, Shanahan Ford si the dealership that finally fixed my focus once and for all after I had done the engine swap. They were on Davis Dr. by the hospital in new market. The car spent 2 weeks in the shop there but they figured it out. I was charged very reasonably and they admitted that when they asked me if they could drop the transmission that it was a hit or miss 'try'. It was a hit. They also cut me some slack on the labour charge! I'd take my focus back to them in a heartbeat.

I was uneasy about Randy at first and my step dad was the one who had to handle the initial stage but after we got past that, Randy was great. I was frustrated with the problems I was having getting my car fixed and Randy at the time wasn't exactly the most approachable. As said, once my step dad told him what was going on, Randy and I were able to work together and I've never had a problem with him. When I go there, he's who I want to talk to.

Fraser Ford in Oshawa is fucking s**t. They diag'd an engine misfire as clutch slipping. WTF? They DID however not charge me extra for some of the labour they performed to the car which was basically a clean up job of Aero-Hill Engine Rebuilders piss poor work performance.

p.s. i know this thread is ancient but its all relevant.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver

Did this dealer not close down a few years ago, there is a Shanahan is New Market, but the one in Scarborough is gone. Its is now a condo sales centre.Huh
David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]