Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealer Licence Bezel Remove ?
lol...people leave it there most likely because they just don't care ;)

it is free advertising...but...what's even worse (I dunno if some still do this?) are the dealers who have an emblem screwed/stuck on to the car itself <_<

Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
Marction,Nov 10 2004, 06:15 PM Wrote:lol...people leave it there most likely because they just don't care ;)

it is free advertising...but...what's even worse (I dunno if some still do this?) are the dealers who have an emblem screwed/stuck on to the car itself <_<
i haven't seen a screw on one in years lol what butcher thing to do!!! As for the trim ring i got in crap from sales for removing mine, but then i do work at a dealer so they expect some kind of support, i still haven't put it back on lol and i'm not gonna
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Crazirich,Nov 11 2004, 11:20 AM Wrote:As for the trim ring i got in crap from sales for removing mine, but then i do work at a dealer so they expect some kind of support, i still haven't put it back on lol and i'm not gonna
If you bought the car with your money you dont have any obligation to advertise for them. It should be enough that you're supporting the company that you bought it through them.

If they arent paying you a fee to advertise on your car, then their logo doesnt need to be there. Fight the man! :D
yeah, but when "the man" is also signing your paycheques... :lol:
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
Marction,Nov 11 2004, 10:33 PM Wrote:yeah, but when "the man" is also signing your paycheques... :lol:
Thats discrimination, what you do with your vehicle is up to you. I would love to go into my work (dominion) with a jacket covered in big loblaws logos one day. They cant do jack s**t.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Nov 12 2004, 05:42 AM Wrote:what you do with your vehicle is up to you.  I would love to go into my work (dominion) with a jacket covered in big loblaws logos one day. They cant do jack...
They don't have to say or do anything. Just that in twenty years you'll still be bagging groceries or scraping mould off the macaroni salad... :P
paolo,Nov 12 2004, 01:42 AM Wrote:
Marction,Nov 11 2004, 10:33 PM Wrote:yeah, but when "the man" is also signing your paycheques...  :lol:
Thats discrimination, what you do with your vehicle is up to you. I would love to go into my work (dominion) with a jacket covered in big loblaws logos one day. They cant do jack s**t.
I know, I'm kidding! ;)

there's "legal" and there's not causing s**t...if you have a done up car and want it to look as clean as possible, you can easily explain why you don't want it there...but if you work at a dealer, and presumably like your job, wouldn't promoting/advertising them a bit be both in your own best interests and also something you'd naturally want to do?
Acutally on my last Focus I kept the plate brackets advertizing the dealership on the front and back for the whole 3 years of the lease. Since the Dealer I bought it off of is a family friend, and well gave me a damn good deal on that car and then the current focus, So I was sending him customers from my word of mouth plus the random people that would pull up asking where Concept Ford was and how much was my car and with what..... but everytime I went in for servicing I wanted to take it off because of the over charging in the service dept, But I didn't, mainly because of Richard would come by every time to talk to me when I went in for anything even when he had customers.

I did the same thing till feb. of this year with the plate brackets untill I got Fed up with all Concepts b/s from their service dept, and how they fluked me over when I had major issues with my focus. <_<

So the the next day after I got the car back, I went into crappy tire took off my plates and brackets got those smoked complete plate covers and they have been on there since, not to mention they look good with the yellow.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Nov 15 2004, 08:04 PM Wrote:Acutally on my last Focus I kept the plate brackets advertizing the dealership on the front and back for the whole 3 years of the lease. Since the Dealer I bought it off of is a family friend, and well gave me a damn good deal on that car and then the current focus, So I was sending him customers from my word of mouth plus the random people that would pull up asking where Concept Ford was and how much was my car and with what...
Does anyone really believe advertising on a license plate generates new business for a dealer ? I think it's the opposite. When I see a license plate with a big loud dealer ad bezel ruining the clean looks of a car, I'm inclined NOT to go to that dealer. It's probably a net loss of business for the dealer.
Quote:  Yup, same here. Actually I made them take it off before I took possesion. I wasn't gonna spend the 5 minutes to take it off myself, when I didn't want it there in the first place.

LOL! That's the exact same thing I did. I thought I was the only one who thought this way!
I used to have my mechanics shop on our plate frames, but then he died and the guy that bought the business kept the same phone # so I took them off. Now have Dixie Ford frames on car, just because I appreciate them being the dealership sponsor for our SVTOA Toronto.
So don't go thinking you're smarter than everyone that has one on. Some of us DO have a reason and DO know it's there :rolleyes:
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.