Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13sec Na Focus With Nitrous.
hes got a NA engine then added nitrous. it doesnt means its an NA car now. Geez you guys!!!

Sure do chad. Found a place I can ship it to. The hard part is bringing it across the border back. What do I tell the guys. LOL I dont want to have to pay any extra crap on if if I dont have to lol.

The plan is for this summer. :D Tom said he will hook me up with everything I need plus tuning making it a full bolt on kit.
thabrat,Oct 21 2004, 04:44 PM Wrote:Sure do chad. Found a place I can ship it to. The hard part is bringing it across the border back. What do I tell the guys. LOL I dont want to have to pay any extra crap on if if I dont have to lol.
If you're bringing back new auto parts, you're going to have to declare them and their value at the border, and then pay tax on them. If you get them installed while in the states, you dont have to declare anything since it will be on the car.
hmmm so declaring a full turbo kit? how much would that cost lol
thabrat,Oct 21 2004, 05:02 PM Wrote:hmmm so declaring a full turbo kit? how much would that cost lol
They'll probably want to see your receipt since you're buying it new from a business, then they'll charge you GST and PST on the value in Canadian dollars.
guilty,Oct 21 2004, 10:54 PM Wrote:If you're bringing back new auto parts, you're going to have to declare them and their value at the border, and then pay tax on them. If you get them installed while in the states, you dont have to declare anything since it will be on the car.
It will take a while to find it but if it is installed in the States and Canada Customs finds out they are suppossed to tax the value of the entire car!
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
ouch!!! Either way it will still end up cheaper then getting it shipped all the way here lol
thabrat,Oct 21 2004, 11:42 PM Wrote:ouch!!! Either way it will still end up cheaper then getting it shipped all the way here lol

Are you sure, we're talking big coin here:

Modifying an item outside Canada

Under customs law, if you take any item outside Canada and change it in any way or make it more valuable, we do not consider it to be the same item when you bring it back into the country. You have to declare the full value of the new item.

Example

You take an old diamond ring with you on a trip outside Canada. While abroad, you replace the diamond. When you return to Canada, we consider the whole ring to be new.

Even if part of the ring is made from Canadian material, we have to treat the ring like any other piece of jewellery you got outside the country. This rule applies unless you have previous authorization from us to have those repairs or alterations made abroad.

Repairs or modifications to your vehicle

If you intend to have repairs or modifications made to your vehicle outside Canada, check with us before you leave. Under customs law, we can no longer consider your vehicle, vessel, or aircraft to be Canadian if you increase its value, improve its condition, or modify it while abroad. As a result, you may have to pay duties on its entire value when you bring it back.

Repairs or alterations to vehicles, aircraft, or vessels carried out in the United States, Mexico, Chile, or Israel will be free of customs duty when the vehicles are exported to these countries for the declared purpose of repair or alteration. Goods and services tax (GST) or harmonized sales tax (HST) will apply to the value of the repair or alteration.

You can have incidental minor repairs made or parts replaced while you are travelling abroad to maintain your vehicle in an operating condition. Although these minor modifications do not make the whole vehicle subject to assessment, you may still have to pay duty on the repairs and parts.

If you had to make repairs or get replacement parts to ensure the safe return of your vehicle to Canada, we may be able to apply a special provision that waives any duty payable. Be sure to declare the value of all repairs and replacement parts when you return from abroad.

Transport Canada also has requirements for vehicles that are extensively modified. For more information, contact them at: 1-800-333-0371.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc40...044-e.html
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
BAM!! Having to pay GST and PST on the entire value of the car would be the ultimate kick in the ass if you were to get something installed at an American shop.

Jay, legally you're expected to pay the taxes on the items you're bringing into Canada, so really you should budget that into the project. If you get lucky and they dont care about it and dont make you declare, then that's a bonus. But I wouldnt expect any special treatment from the US Border when you try to get back into Canada.. Which I think is a discussion for another thread :lol:

You shouldnt have to pay duty on them, but you should have to pay taxes.
Its werid. I dont know what to expect. What I plan on doing is getting my quote faxed or emailed from Tom then get in touch with a Customs agent. Im sure if I can supply them with a quote they can give me some sort of estimate.
thabrat,Oct 22 2004, 01:29 AM Wrote:Its werid. I dont know what to expect.
The best guy to talk to would be GapBoy. I guess he doesn't come here anymore but I'm sure you'll find him on OFOC, he works for Customs and Revenue*

*name has changed recently the Customs part is now CBPA (Canadian Border Protection Agency) I have no clue what Revenue is now called?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!