Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North America Could Get Next-gen Ford Focus Rs
Could the North American market finally get the Ford Focus RS? According to the latest reports, it could happen. But not until after the next-generation model debuts in a couple of years. Like the new Fiesta, the next Focus is being developed as a global product, with the North American market in mind as much as those overseas. And with the amalgamation of Ford's performance divisions in the United States and Europe – SVT and Team RS, respectively – an RS version could reach American shores in a few years' time.

According to Automotive News, Ford's global performance guru Hermann Salebauch says the potential for a U.S.-market Focus RS depends entirely on demand. That is, if enough American buyers want an RS, it could happen. So what do you think, should Ford give its home market a smokin' hot hatch based on the next Focus? Leave your thoughts in the comments section because... well... who knows?

Focus RS at Paris Auto Show
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
*deep breath*

*holds breath*

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Don't do that DP, death by oxygen starvation is a horrible way to go :P

NefCanuck
hmm I'm suprised they don't want to include Australia's Ford performance devision into that mix, as they have some really nice mods for their cars including body kits.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
It has to be priced to fight the Mustang GT, the budget EVO (RS?) and the WRX265 while offering the "least" appealing powertrain layout of all of them - FWD. I love, you love it, but the lemmings don't love it and the lemmings are needed to justify the launch.

Unless they just say ,,|, ,|,, and lump it in after the new SHO? Dare I hope? :o
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
With the way the current market is, not sure if people will be able to buy anyways.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North American Focus Vs Mexican Focus phased_focus 24 8,585 05-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Last Post: naz
  Why Ford Sucks In "north America" ondafritz 45 21,707 05-15-2007, 03:36 AM
Last Post: oldeguy
  Ford Shelves Diesel Focus For North America Alain31 9 2,796 05-21-2004, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Paparoach