Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What About This Bumper-update On Signals Pg 3
I work for an At&t wireless call center. For american's. They call us to fix there problems and everything. Yeah, Im working OT to pay off my tickets and buy me a bumper. Wait that is tough there, ill keep saving my money.
"The Harder You Work The Luckier You Get"

[Image: Hotzx2SR-bannerpic.jpg]
So you work with Jarrod?
That is right.

Yeah I thought so, doesn't Jay and Derek do the same thing? Just guessing.... thought for some reason they all worked there....

Anyway, thanks for the talk today, made the day fly by fast, good luck with that bumper...
I can get a 02 bumper for 78.00 but 600+ for the 03 bumper.

That is insane.... why the huge price difference? I am assuming the 02 is used but still that is crazy.... ??? There has got to be somewhere out there you can get a used one....
NO it's brand new on Ebay he has like 4 of them. Look. In a few minutes ill post.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33640

check it out. BUy it now for 78.00 that would be perfect if I wanted that bumper. Damnit!

Here are the part numbers and FORD List prices (Doesn't mean you can't find them cheaper) to update your 98-02 ZX2 Front end to the latest 2003 Front end.

(Note: Only part # not listed is for the Upper Grill Ford Emblem, looking at FORD Electronic Parts Catalog it does not specify what size it is or whether or not it comes w/ the upper grill assembly.)

2003 Bumper Cover:

3S4Z-17757-AA
$400.00

2003 Center Upper Grill:

3S4Z-8200-AA
$180.00

2003 Upper Grill Inner Turn Signals:

LH: 3S4Z-13369-AA
$43.87

RH: 3S4Z-13368-AA
$43.87

2003 Foglight Assembley:

LH: 3S4Z-15200-AB
$41.67

RH: 3S4Z-15200-AA
$41.67

2003 Center Lower Grill:

3S4Z-8355-AA
$33.17

2003 Lower Left Grill:

3S4Z-17K946-AA
$40.97

2003 Lower Right Grill:

3S4Z-17K946-AB
$40.97

So will you have to buy the majority of that stuff you listed?
Nope only the cover. if i bought all the stuff listed it would come of during modifying anyway. So no big deal. Just the cover.

This morning. I decided to look at my signals. My car odly has two set's of signals. One on the front of the car called the "inner" Signals and some on the side where my headlights are. If I get this new bumper Ill just take them out and use the "outer" signal's I dont think Ill have any problems with cop's it looks so much better than dam around with remounting new ones ones. I think that will work well.

Yeah right on, that works. With all the work to your front end you are planning, I would make sure everything will still be 'legal' after it all. Would suck ass if you got it all finished then got a ticket as well as a fix notice to get signal lights put in.
It should be legal. All Im really goiing to be doing in the end is this.

Taking out the second set of signals (there is two inner, outer).
Taking off stock bumper of 2000.

Taking 03 bumper
Cutting out factory grills.
Taking out the molding at the bottom that makes it look a second grill same colour as bumper.
So in total 4 open holes.

Then paint the new bumper same as car.
Wire in the head lights.
Wire in the fog lights

Taking SVT lightning grill x2 (or something as the same)
Cut it in shape of the top grill then bend the sides in order to mount it onto the bumper.
Paint it flat black,

Take it to the bottom.
Cut the same size as fog light openings and paint flat black again.
Then cut one final bottom center piece paint flat black.

Put the new bumper on!!!

That would be sweet. To me the inner signal lights are really what ruins the front end of the ZX2. But yeah that 02 bumper is hella cheap. It'd almost be worth it to buy it and mod the hell out of it until it's cool. If you're doing most of the work yourself, the worst that could happen is you'd be out $100. Then again you could just sell the bumper to someone on ebay and make back most of your money.
You are seriously right, Ill get the 03 bumper and It will look good. Im happy about the signal's and everything will fit correctly. That will be good, the next thing I need is the bumper it's self. I am not sure what Is going to happen with it. All I know Is I need this bumper. lol