Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Cd Player Skipping
My stock CD player has started skipping, it doesnt do it all the time but it does it enough to be a piss off, i first thought the cd player might be dirty so i bought a cd cleaner and it did help a bit but it starts skipping again a little while later. Any body know what it is? Is it something the dealer could fix? How much would it cost me? Or would it be better just to get a aftermarket one installed? Thanks guys. :)
Do you have suspension mods n stuff? Mine never skipped, at all.... Which makes me believe that you got unlucky with your deck.

If your car is close to stock, go complain.. who knows, they might just change it..
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
The focus is 100% stock. The only thing I did to it so far was tint the windows!
I'm 99% sure it doesnt just do it on bumps it does it all the time. and it doesnt matter what cd I put it. You think they will just give me a new player?
Take a service guy for a ride and show him how it skips all the time... (hopefully it does it when hes in there)

Tell him its not acceptable n stuff ... and you get the right service guy, he will change it for you.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Alright, thats what i'll do , I have to get a oil change anyway. Thank alot,i'll post on here what happened.
Does it skip playing Store bought CD's or mostly Burned CD-R's?
If its skipping with the CD-R's then its probaly shitty CD's with some kind of weird coating. If its skipping with regular store bought (pressed) cd's, then you may have a scratched lens, or condensation on the lens, or most likely your cd player is wearing out some how.
My other ride is your Mom
No she skips playing both types of cds. I'd love to know what it is. How does a cd player get dirty anyway? I'm asking that because I always (like 100% of the time) have my fan on and I was thinking maybe its blowing alot of dirt into my cd player. Could that be it?
tdot-zx3,Jun 19 2004, 06:29 PM Wrote:Do you have suspension mods n stuff? Mine never skipped, at all.... Which makes me believe that you got unlucky with your deck.
...that didn't really make sense...

because YOURS never skipped, that leads you to believe that he got unlucky with his deck??

:huh:
microbunny,Jun 19 2004, 10:19 PM Wrote:
tdot-zx3,Jun 19 2004, 06: Wrote:Do you have suspension mods n stuff? Mine never skipped, at all.... Which makes me believe that you got unlucky with your deck.

because YOURS never skipped, that leads you to believe that he got unlucky with his deck??

Mine never skipped either :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Jun 20 2004, 12:12 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 19 2004, 10:19 PM Wrote:
tdot-zx3,Jun 19 2004, 06: Wrote:Do you have suspension mods n stuff? Mine never skipped, at all.... Which makes me believe that you got unlucky with your deck.

Mine never skipped either :P
OH OK..

That Changes.....

NOTHING....!@#$%

What the hell kind of logic are you 2 using.....mine never skipped either...
Which makes me believe that Ford makes excellent radios....

:rolleyes:
I agree with t-dot...I think your factory deck is on it's way out. I'm also running the factory deck still, and it never skips, even on bumpy roads. Only time it does skip is on CD-R's with TONS of scratches on them. I also play mine long and hard enough that the CD's get hot, and the stereo never quits. Take the car to your favourite dealership and show the service manager and indicate (as others on here suggested you do) that it's operation is unacceptable.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Alright, i'll do it! I will get back to everybody on what the dealer said. :D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting Thing About The Stock Cd Player Focus man. Focus. 20 4,981 12-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Last Post: SliverSteeda
  Stock 2000 Cd Player.. Fit? Chromey 4 1,631 09-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Chromey
  Stock Cd Player Wiring Harness Part # Raine 4 1,767 05-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Last Post: paolo