Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pics Of My Install (revised)
This is an older Pic. The Fuse Holder is for a 40amp with 4ga... BIG MISTAKE. Now i got the 80amp fuse holder etc for the 4ga. its a little bit bigger then this one.
here's photos to sum up the rest.
CABLE 1
CABLE 2
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
Umm...like everyone else said, and like all the install folks you will talk to, the fuse HAS to be within like 12 inches from the battery.

And I have learnt, that the best thing is just drill a hole in the firewall, use a gromet. :)
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 24 2004, 08:32 AM Wrote:And I have learnt, that the best thing is just drill a hole in the firewall, use a gromet. :)
There's really no need to drill a hole. The fire wall has lots of little entry points that are covered by little rubber plugs and whatnot that are good for up to 2ga wire.

I have my fuse in spot 1, a second closer to the amp, and one on the amp itself.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I screwed my fuse holder to the front of the battery cover. There is a little shelf there... works well. Makes removing the battery cover a *little* bit of a bother, but not too bad.
2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires
I just revised the pictures. I added wire loom over the exposed wires and protected whatever I could.
Yeah, my fuse is about 6" from the battery.

I had a shop do mine so I hope everything is done correctly and safely. <_<
What do you have in there? You have two huge ass amps. I know nothing about ICE Btw, so if it's a stoopid question, I apologise in advance....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Two JL Audio amps. and one 10W7 Sub!