Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redline Rendezvous - July 23 To 25
Raine,Jul 20 2004, 05:32 PM Wrote:Sounds like a meet for Saturn and Buick owners
maybe I could slip in there :D

REberto
P-51,Jul 20 2004, 07:55 AM Wrote:Any chance in hell I could still get a spot?
I think you have until Friday to register.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
CanadaSVT,Jul 21 2004, 11:27 AM Wrote:
P-51,Jul 20 2004, 07: Wrote:Any chance in hell I could still get a spot?
I think you have until Friday to register.
We still have some spots.

If you're still interested in partipating in the weekend, you will have to register on-site. You can show up on Friday afternoon at the Best Western Brant Park Inn and handle all that detail. You can also show up the morning of Saturday or Sunday. If you're doing this, please show up by 8am. Cars and trucks still have to undergo a tech inspection. Ground school is still mandatory!

Oh...and we got lots of prizes :D

For directions and more info, check out the Redline Rendezvous website.

PS> The weekend is showing to be sunny and cool (under 25C). So, the cars and trucks will be purring along ;)
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
Hmmm can I bring my IS300 my Merc is having brake problems that I may not get the parts soon enough to fix?

9:30 am - 5:00 pm: On-Track Driving Activities and Open Track on the Road Course

What are driving activities and how do the vary from open track what I call lapping sessions?

So I could pay $276 and get on track all day Saturday how many 20min sessions would there be?
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Yo peeps, what's up?!

I'm going to be at this event Saturday & Sunday as I'm going to be out on a corner marshalling.

Probably not going to be bringing the ZX3 as I think I'll be carpooling in from Mississauga on Friday evening with some other marshals. We're going to be camping nearby.

There's a dinner at the Best Western on Saturday night which we're going to so if I don't see you at the track, we'll see you there. I'll be hunting down Focus owners and making sure they're on FocusCanada!
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.
Daniel were you working the vintage weekend at Mosport?? I thought I saw your car there?

I was the one lapping the track at lunch time in the white Merkur XR4Ti. :D
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
Hey yeah I was. I was actually working at Turn 8 on the Sunday so would have seen you when you came out onto the track at lunchtime. One of the last cars out was a GT40.. if I'd known he didn't have a passenger, I woulda stopped him!
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.
Euro Ford Fan,Jul 22 2004, 08:16 AM Wrote:Hmmm can I bring my IS300 my Merc is having brake problems that I may not get the parts soon enough to fix?

9:30 am - 5:00 pm: On-Track Driving Activities and Open Track on the Road Course

What are driving activities and how do the vary from open track what I call lapping sessions?

So I could pay $276 and get on track all day Saturday how many 20min sessions would there be?
Simon...call my cell: 519-569-1481

Open Track = you in a run group with others. No passing, but as I said before, this is more of a driving school. We have certified instructors. Aside from just sharpening your cornering and driving techniques, there's usually an accident/collision avoidance deal involved too.

PS> Solo I guys have said it's a very tight track. Lotta good reviews. I'm believing in the power of the Focus. The Cobras and Lightnings will eat our rubber :P
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
I'm not too sure about your definition of open track.

For me, the only difference between a driving school and open track is whether you have instructors or not. There is not real difference in risk or safety. Neither allows passing in the corners.

The price in the email is better $276, but still kinda high. I guess I just don't see why we have to join SVTOA... There's only one track day per year it seems? So not much value there.

I wish we knew more about the number of sessions, and what the instructors and "driving activities" are like. That's kinda the tipping point.

Whenever I've been to "schools" I have been pretty disappointed.
Thanks but no thanks Rich this sounds more like a driving school than a lapping for driving weekend.

Good luck this weekend.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
ya know fellas, you could always come just for the show at no cost. If you decide it's worth it I bet you could get into the sunday only option... :ph34r:

Just a thought... besides, it's always fun to get together!
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Joining SVTOA is for event insurance liability purposes. A lot of track events usually have no insurance and people are SOL.

As for the limited number of track events, there are other chapters and regions that hold more track events. The Redline Rendezvous is the Eastern Canada Regional (our) track event. There is, on average, about 6 to 8 regional events across North America. We have to balance the demand of such events, as well as the various costs involved (such as track rental, marshalls, instructors, sponsors, etc.). Plus, there's a lot of time and such invested in making the events a go.

The other thing about our events is that you get the social aspect too. You're not just running with people on the track. I've seen a lot of people get good references for businesses and services from each other. Sometimes, people end up getting a good business relationship that end up in business deals.

As Carey said, there's no cost in just showing up and seeing how we do business. Daniel_B is there working the corners. There are at least 4 SVT Foci coming. A 67 Mustang has joined in the fun, as well as a Gen-1 RX7. A good variety in vehicles.

Anyhow...hope to see some of you there.
Richard | Focused 24-7

Not sure what you're getting at from the insurance thing. The insurance is just for the liability of the club. If you hurt your car on track, you're not covered, even with SVTOA.

If I'm wrong, let me know... but I've never seen car coverage.

Anyway, sorry, didn't finish my car yesterday anyway, so it's all a moot point. Got some more padding to do today, finish the seats, clean things up.

Haven't driven the thing in a month! :(