Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What To Buy? My Option Now For Boost?
bluetoy,Apr 29 2004, 12:53 AM Wrote:There are two guys on [FJ] that have vortech SVT's they are both in getting new engines. One was caused by a supposed bad tune and one caused by a 4-2 miss shift. There is also 1 guy with a JRSC running 14 psi and he is also getting a new engine. I would have to say that too much boost is bad for the SVTF, and by too much I mean over 8 psi. I know Turbo Tom runs alot more boost than that but he also runs 112 or so race fuel.

Wait  a few weeks until the DaSilva dyno day and I'll offer up a spin in mine so you can better choose.

IMHO.... The JRSC just works... no hiccups no problems no fuss it just works like a factory car.
Also when you run over 8-10psi boost, it's a good idea to lower the compression ratio of your engine. You see... if you go over the rated combustion pressure for any engine, or things like rods and cranks and heads start blowing off, or out of, your engine. Great care has to be taked when FI'ing any NA'ed engine. With the Zetec engine, without any internal modifications, it seems, with proper tuning, 8-10 psi boost is safe, which is good for anywhere from 180-230hp... my boosted hp goal would be in the middle of that someplace. The use of race fuel is more an issue when you are dealing with high intake air temperatures so you don't get detonation. High boost = high intake temps.
SCT Inside
Yup thats why Im a high beliver if your turbo or SC your car and your over the 180whp mark you have to have the internals built up or your engine will run, but the wear will be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy faster.

I was thinking of a turbo setup and boosting at about 6 psi then when I have the rest of the coin I would like to built up the engine and then increase the boost.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
awesssssome buddy! I'm totally stoked for you. I think you made a wise choice as well. We should be swiggin a beer soon in celebration! ;)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
D-Dub,May 3 2004, 03:35 AM Wrote:I was thinking of a turbo setup and boosting at about 6 psi then when I have the rest of the coin I would like to built up the engine and then increase the boost.
or just booost hard and have a little bit of coin in your back pocket to get a zetec from a wrecker for cheap
marc call me when you get your kit in.
Mitch "The Kid" Richardson, home of Canada's fastest door slammer mustang 8.051@179 on a DOT approved tire
2002 Black SVT focus
-screemin demon coil
-live wires
-SCT tuner
-off road pipe
-shorty steeda shifter

1989 5.0
-347ci
-AFR 205 heads
-Tremmic T-600 trans
-6 pt cage
old supercharged combo best 11.73@123mph
yah, I will, I talked to bill and he said I can go to the shop for the instal, he said to arrange that with you mitch... you that man. :P
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
naz,May 3 2004, 02:53 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,May 3 2004, 03: Wrote:I was thinking of a turbo setup and boosting at about 6 psi then when I have the rest of the coin I would like to built up the engine and then increase the boost.
or just booost hard and have a little bit of coin in your back pocket to get a zetec from a wrecker for cheap
Ohhhhhhh yeah thats a good idea I'll just turn it up to 20psi :lol:

I need the turbo setup to be reliable, not smoke a rod on me and Im stranded.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.