Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My New Ride
Okay. It's almost done. After mucho delays. I picked it up today. It needs chrome hubcaps and lugnut covers and the stacks cut.

<a href='http://members.rogers.com/kartman/05282.jpg'>[Image: 05282.jpg]

<a href='http://members.rogers.com/kartman/05284.jpg'>[Image: 05284.jpg]

Still gotta get some I.C.E. and some tint.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
That is one smokin nice rig.

You watch, your first haul will be a load of manure

Gotta haul shite sometime!!!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
11,000 km update.

Well after 11,000 kms of driving this thing I have come to realize that it is no longer new. I have my I.C.E. installed and my windows tinted. I have had only a couple of minor problems so far. 1st day of work I found out the tarp was taking it's aiir supply from the lift bags for the lift axle... When I put the lift axle down (loaded) the tarp would roll ahead.. That's an unsafe load fine... A 5 minute repair fixed that. Within a week the tarp spring exploded. (It's a garage door spring inside the tarp roller at the front). I fixed that in about 2 hours. Luckily it happened at the end of the day so no work was missed. I had raglan ship me a new one under warranty and I'll keep it as a spare for now. There was some minor adjustments to make to several grease fittings. ( I honestly don't know how they greased it at the factory) Other than that June was uneventful. To celebrate Canada Day I did my first oil change at 10,300 km's. It holds 53 litres of oil and the filter cost 40 bux. So all in all it cost me around 200 bux to do my own oil change.
July is not starting out the best though. The tarp has ripped at the seams (due to overtightening the spring, that's why the spring broke) and yesterday the hoist which raises the box started to seize. The box will only come 3/4 of the way down and then it stops. I worked on that for an hour last night and with lots of grease and oil i got the hoist to sort of work... slowly but it does work. Good news is Raglan is sending a new tarp and I will be getting a new hoist installed later this week. They are having it done in Ottawa to save me a 4 hour drive.
As for the truck itself, it is very comfortable and rides smooth. I find the exhaust too loud, but I was the one who shortened the stack tips. I am glad I have the DVD player in there, since I have been working I have watched T2 entirely and 3 DVD's of the first season of Friends. All this while waiting to be loaded. Keep in mind that I don't work by the hour and getting loaded quickly is good... First truck payment was yesterday... 2213... :o I will be receiving my first cheque for working in about 2 weeks... It will cover my first 3 days of work :o :o

Nothing else to report... I'm just bored.... Wife+Amazing Race=computer time for me...

[Edit] Swiffer dusters=clean inside :D
[Another Edit] Seems to get about 6-8 mpg. I've seen it as low as .28 mpg and as high as 255 mpg. There is no avg display though. BTW 6-8 is pretty good for a 15 litre 475 hp engine pulling 36,000 kgs around.

Prolly Is not a word
Out of curiosity what is the insurance deductable for a commercial truck?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Jul 8 2004, 02:23 PM Wrote:Out of curiosity what is the insurance deductable for a commercial truck?
The deductable for my truck is 5 grand.

Prolly Is not a word
:ph34r: :ph34r: :blink: .... damn
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold