Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
omg omg
belair didn't care about other modification, but back seat.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
insurance companies make no sense.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
i don't understand why they are so picky about the back seat? i figured the steering wheel would be more of an issue due to the lack of airbag.
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
yeah that is why i was wondering too..
i didn't say about airbag issue but back seat.
belair is flexible with modification, so i told them that i remvoed back seat to put sound system.
they said that cannot be insured through us.
ok fine..

this time, i used my english name and spoke to them again regarding aftermarket steering wheel, now they are saying if i put back steering wheel, and show proof that professional shop repaired and bunch of pictures of my car interior and show up to branch in toronto, they will insure me for sure.

that was weird..but it is all good now, now it is time to hunt for stock pieces..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Oh i get it now....

they probably think that you have a huge stereo in the back which increases the chance of theft and probably has nothing to do with the seat being removed, and more to do with how visible your stereo is

and most insurance companies only cover upto $1500 worth of stereo before your coverage goes up
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
nope. i told rbc nothing about stereo system, but removed seat.
and they say it got to do with original structure..

and i told belair same thing and asked me to put back back seat and steering wheel.
that was all they needed from belair.
(07-16-2010, 05:05 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: nope. i told rbc nothing about stereo system, but removed seat.
and they say it got to do with original structure..

and i told belair same thing and asked me to put back back seat and steering wheel.
that was all they needed from belair.

wierd.... with the 60/40 split there is no structure LOL
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
that is what i don't understand..
what is got to do with safety issue when rear seat is removed..??
it is not like there is seat so someone can ride back there.

and they were thinking removing is changing original structure of car and make it weaker or something..

i just don't understand all this insurance bs.
car is all fixed now but i m still having alignment issue..
didn't notice it but when i was driving down don valley, car pulls to the left when accelerates and pulls to the right when let go of gas..
[Image: IMG_6901.jpg]

going back tomorrow to get it fixed..
Huh So it pulls both ways? Depedning if your accelerating or decelerating? Never heard of that before.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
$5 on lower control arm bushing or steering rack damage.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Torque steer HAHAHA
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
lower arm bushing..hmm..
is it visible without taking wheel apart?

i have another thought that it could be new strut on pass side..??
my driver side is like 2 years old now but pass is brand new from eibach..

haha torque steer, i m dreaming..
Quote:is it visible without taking wheel apart?

What you need to check is if you have excessive forward/back play with the wheel in the air. It may be that the "toe in" is changing as you load the tire. In reality, toe in helps keep the track straight and as you speed up the toe in changes (becomes less) as the lower control arm deflects as you speed up. Ideally, both wheels change toe at the same rate, but if there's a steering issue like a bushing it one tire may change more than the other.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
they checked alignment and they are saying alignment doesn't show any problem..

i m going to give it few more days like to give pass side strut settle time or something..to balance driver side and pass side..i hope..
(07-21-2010, 08:56 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: they checked alignment and they are saying alignment doesn't show any problem..

i m going to give it few more days like to give pass side strut settle time or something..to balance driver side and pass side..i hope..

What kind of alignment did they do ... a full four wheel alignment or just a thrust alignment ... get a buddy to drive behind you and make sure it isn't dog tracking at all.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
bent frame.
here is alignment s**t..i mean sheet.
[Image: alignment.jpg]
Rear camber is not within spec. Rear toe isn't any good either. According to your sheet anyways.

But that doesn't have anything to do with your accident.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
oh yeah? should i take it back again..?
or get alignment done somewhere else?