Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOT BROKEN INTO.
I'm not gonna get s**t back for my stereo stuff. I've had it all for about 4 years. I don't have any recipts for any of the stuff so I'm guessing the insurance company is going to tell me sorry for your luck. I'm not expecting the insuance company to do anything for me but replace my window. I'm wondering if they'll even detail my car. I want the blood taken care of. My wife won't even go near the car until it's all taken care of. I also want the tints removed from the rest of the car. Not to mention the wires. They're f**ked.

The adjuster is going to call today to get the ball rolling. I can't wait to what happens to my premiums.
I don't think anything should happen to your premiums for this one hit. If it does, I'd find another insurance company.

Good luck getting it sorted.. insurance should cover everything minus the deductible...

sometimes it feels like would be nice if whoever broke into the car would have just tossed a match in it and finished the job
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

shitty deal Man, hope the insurance company does give you the run around.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I feel your pain buddy!
I hope you find the perp as well and the car gets back to its prime.

They were looking for the ECU in your Fuse Pannel. Thats the new thing they look for...
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

hmm I'd say check Kijiji, or Craigs list about your stuff if it was some amature more then likely they will be very stupid and post it on there in the next few days, also until your car gets detailed treat it like hazardious or contaminated area, and make sure to wash any part of yourself that might have come into contact with the blood.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
i'm not kidding guys.
It looks like someone shot a cat and let it run around in my car.
(08-17-2010, 09:59 PM)ANTHONYD Wrote: I'm not gonna get s**t back for my stereo stuff. I've had it all for about 4 years. I don't have any recipts for any of the stuff so I'm guessing the insurance company is going to tell me sorry for your luck. I'm not expecting the insuance company to do anything for me but replace my window. I'm wondering if they'll even detail my car. I want the blood taken care of. My wife won't even go near the car until it's all taken care of. I also want the tints removed from the rest of the car. Not to mention the wires. They're f**ked.

The adjuster is going to call today to get the ball rolling. I can't wait to what happens to my premiums.

When I lived in an apartment in Oakville my car was broken into 3 times. Each time I got a better system through insurance even though the first system was most likely hot, plus I got to beat the crap out of a free rental. My rates never went up. Wait and see.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Apparently I'll get a 1000 bucks towards replacement gear. I don't have receipts of any of the equipment, or photos so i think I'm up s**t creek. I guess the adjuster will call me once the quote from the shop comes in. I'm going to have to pay for the removal of tints on all the other windows because they weren't damaged. This is going to end up costing me in the end.

the kicker.... KIA Rondo as a loaner. FML.
A Rondo is a lot better than the shitty shop car I have while my car is in for service. A 2000 Protoge with a "million" miles and smells like grease. LOL
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Anthony sorry about your luck. Hopefully everything gets worked out thru insurance. What a bunch of pricks tho, if I ever caught the fuckers i'd kill em.
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
for the tint anthony..hit up canadian tire and get yourself a razor blaze and some wax and grease remover..do it yourself and save some $$
(08-18-2010, 11:30 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: Apparently I'll get a 1000 bucks towards replacement gear. I don't have receipts of any of the equipment, or photos so i think I'm up s**t creek. I guess the adjuster will call me once the quote from the shop comes in. I'm going to have to pay for the removal of tints on all the other windows because they weren't damaged. This is going to end up costing me in the end.

the kicker.... KIA Rondo as a loaner. FML.

If you priced out the same equipment (or equivalent), the insurance company would usually reimburse you that much. Or so I thought, anyways.

I'd sign an affidavit stating I've seen it... you shouldn't have to be totally up sh*t creek..

I'll have to swing over and see the quote for the car tomorrow morning. I want to make sure he's got all the items on his list I want fixed.
As far as the stereo equipment goes, I'll talk to the adjuster and see what he or she can do without any records. Of all the pictures of my car I have, I never took any of the stereo in fears of having it stolen. IRONY.
Hope they give back what you lost, just for those who havent taken pictures or are nervous (me too!), my insurance agent actually had me bring them the car when the stereo was complete so they could make note of what was there and verify a proper install, so in the event of a loss there would no big hassles (I hope never to find out its true). Some of the stuff was cash deal no bill not a problem. Just an idea depending on your agents.
David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Sad to hear Tony.

Keep in mind the boys car has the same amp as yours(if that helps)
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Shitty luck man. Was not surprised that it went down at a GO lot.
I hope you get it all sorted out.
looks like their going to write it off.. they cant get the blood out.
that really sucks man...

(08-22-2010, 02:08 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: looks like their going to write it off.. they cant get the blood out.

buy it back, i have some 07 sedan seats you can have, 50$ and pick em up
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
That sucks sorry to hear that...The GO stations usually have cameras.

wow they will write the car off....well if they do can I get your TPS and MAF off your car.
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]