Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My stereo as it currently sits
Is this the Futuershop at South Keys? I think this is the only location in the city proper that has installation bays...If so, sounds to me like I should stay away from there if I ever buy any car audio from them (which would likely only be Infinity or JBL 6x8's).

L8tz!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
FutureShop Oshawa gave me close to cost prices.
It is THEIR installation bay that is half assed.

when they installed the 0 gauge in my car (not something I was interested in doing myself at the time), to ground it, the installer drilled 3 screws around my gold connector into the floor of my trunk.

Maybe I don't know much about sound installation, but WTF? 2nd, he didn't even coat it, there were 3 holes just waiting to rust out. The next problem with this is that the wires had 0.8ohms of resistance where I was told a very MAX is 0.05, and 0.02 is common/ok.

I think I'm eventually going to go back to the trunk and have a bolt welded there instead and just bolt the gold connector to it... anyway, my amp was clipping so I took it in to FutureShop Ottawa @ Merivale and the installer redid that part of the installation over, sprayed the floor of the trunk with I assume paint or some sort of rust inhibitor around where the drill marks were. also changed the gold connector to a better suited one and I've never had clipping issues with the amp ever since.

Forgot to mention the gold connector, where it was drilled into the trunk, was very hot when I took it in.

The boyo reverse camera I have in my car flickers every time the bass punches. He must've used power off the amp or something but it's not awful, just annoying.

The deck, well you read my story.

FutureShop Ottawa @ Merivale has been great about it. Their General Manager saw the H/U install too and he was going WTF too so I know that I'll end up leaving there with a way better install.

FS @ South Keys I don't know anything about them.

FS Oshawa @ Taunton, I am apparently the first person in 2 years to complain about the installer.

FS @ Merivale has a wall decorated in awards. I didn't look closely at them but there were a few. They too have their own installation bays.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Stick to proper stereo shops. I too had issues with Future Shop years ago.
You're about as safe as having an install done at the flea market as you are at some Future Shops.
here's the "damage"

hard to tell if you don't know what you're looking for in 2 of the 3 pics, but trust me, it's there. When I can do it in more light, I will. I'll try to get some pics of it when it's back at futureshop when they pull it completely out.

[Image: 167784_1508498366067_1642560143_1035938_1347361_n.jpg]
[Image: 168274_1508515366492_1642560143_1035949_3818634_n.jpg]
[Image: 168956_1508515206488_1642560143_1035948_2027801_n.jpg]
This is an epic FAIL, its something you see on honda sites that other sites link to and make fun of ricers....

Epoxy+Hot Glue are not what i'd use !!!
looks like it just needs "moar" cure time for the epoxy! LOL
heh heh heh...

they haven't called me back yet, so I'll have to call in the morning.

Car is going to have to get towed away, unfortunately. Hood release cable has frozen stuck which was discovered when CAA was here. Battery has died twice on me in the past week. Got it bump started the first time and took it for a hwy run after. Yesterday found it dead in the parking lot, today went to have it boosted as well as a battery/alternator check from CAA, hood was frozen shut. So, to Ford it goes to thaw out lol.

Worst part is is that I am in class from 11-9 tomorrow so I can't get this taken care of until Tuesday.
(01-17-2011, 08:00 AM)Mystake Wrote: heh heh heh...

they haven't called me back yet, so I'll have to call in the morning.

Car is going to have to get towed away, unfortunately. Hood release cable has frozen stuck which was discovered when CAA was here. Battery has died twice on me in the past week. Got it bump started the first time and took it for a hwy run after. Yesterday found it dead in the parking lot, today went to have it boosted as well as a battery/alternator check from CAA, hood was frozen shut. So, to Ford it goes to thaw out lol.

Worst part is is that I am in class from 11-9 tomorrow so I can't get this taken care of until Tuesday.

if you dont mind me asking, which dealer are you going to?
FSWERKS Race Exhaust, H&R Race Springs, HID all around
Ehm, why you asking Mr. Donnelly Ford Diesel Tech...
ooh I no longer work for the Donnelly Group lol, but still work for a Ford dealer. I just thought I could help you out that is all.

I hope your not taking your stuff to Donnellys either......
FSWERKS Race Exhaust, H&R Race Springs, HID all around
Hehe, was just checking.

What dealership do you work at? If enough snow's melted or the hood will pop open, I'll bump start/ boost it and bring it over.

I don't know what dealership to take it to tbh. They seem to be hit and miss. Oshawa dealership sucked, Newmarket dealership was really, really good to me compared to everything else I had gone through and had given me deals on labour, found me a cheaper pcm than I had ( i suppose they have a dealership deal with a wreckers? )

I think it was dan murphy's that I was told to definitely not go to.

if i can't get it started/hood popped up, then it gets towed to Campbell Ford. I believe it's the closest dealership to my house and my CAA will only cover me for 10km of towing.
Got back in contact with FS Merivale today.

Looks like I'm getting a new deck! They're saying there's no warranty coverage on that deck because of the treatment it went through. So, they're going to have to 'pull some strings' and are getting me a replacement deck.

I don't know if this means I get another KW-NT1 or I get the new KW-NT3 HD... which would totally rock.

Either way I'm being taken care of by FutureShop Merivale. I almost feel bad because when I finally am able to buy the rest of what I want for the trunk (2 more amps and door speakers all around) I'm getting them at FS Oshawa seeing as I get it at an unreal price... then I'm taking it to Ottawa to get installed lol.

FS Merivale won't bargain with me even though I've shown them the receipts from the other FS. The GM said its not even worth his time to try to talk to me to make a deal and told me he wouldn't come even close to the Oshawa guys. Again, sucks because from what I gather, FS Merivale's audio bay is the one taking the financial hit for fixing FS Oshawa's mistake.

Oh well, like I said I'm being taken care of. *cross fingers* for the KW-NT3 HD
Is that hanger strap and epoxy? A little hot glue for good measure?
Someone should tell them you can now get duct tape in black.
I've used copper straps before as an exhaust hanger (it worked!! very well I might add) but this strap here is way thicker and stronger.

It got added because the deck being so heavy detached itself and fell into the dashboard. That strap is bolted to the back of the deck and 'holds it up'. Glue and epoxy were added in extremely copious amounts to reinforce it all... the 5th time I brought it back in for not being mounted properly.

I don't think it's technically mounted either. It might be to a certain degree but it's s**t.

Buuuuuuut like I said, I'm repping FS Merivale now. They were really nice and are taking care of me. FS Oshawa still gets my $ but FS Merivale will get my time... it's too bad because I want Merivale to eventually get my money but Oshawa takes care of me in terms of pricing.

I'll post an update when I have one. Did I mention that FS Merivale bought a replacement bezel too?
I stopped in today, my appointment is 10am Tuesday, unless called and notified otherwise.

I asked what deck I was getting, I was told the equivalent of the NT1... so, they NT3.

So yeah, I get an NT3!
Old
[Image: 36957_1328035414606_1642560143_709177_774625_n.jpg]
New
[Image: 200716_1585250644826_1642560143_1153896_5561489_n.jpg]
New one doesn't look like it is sitting flush. ?
it isn't. I asked, and was told that's how the Metra kit sits in my car.

But yeah, it's not flush its a bit leaning back. I don't know if its fixable. they said something to the effect that it wasn't.

Also, they undid the parking brake ground, so no more video while driving lol.

apparently cops pull over and check for it? its 150$ in ontario for a first offense but its like 800$ in quebec?!
if so, i'm going to have to run a wire to the centre console and put my own switch in.. jeez.

I don't know if I could live with that, but you've been through allot of pain with this radio install.