Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MUSKOKA IN THE HOUSE!!!
Hey all!! First day on fc, glad to see a Canadian focus strong hold!!! Just bought an 07 zx3 with 44000k and gonna start the mods asap... I work at MBRP exhaust so no need to worry about that aspect of the car... I'm more worried about under hood... I wanna build the engine up then eventually just pop a turbo in? What's everyones thoughts?
(02-13-2011, 01:30 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Hey all!! First day on fc, glad to see a Canadian focus strong hold!!! Just bought an 07 zx3 with 44000k and gonna start the mods asap... I work at MBRP exhaust so no need to worry about that aspect of the car... I'm more worried about under hood... I wanna build the engine up then eventually just pop a turbo in? What's everyones thoughts?

Welcome ... as for mods, there's tons of options and some good boost kits too ... depending on how much power you want / need, there may be no need to build the motor before boosting ... lots of Foci out there with upwards of 250 to 270 whp on stock internals. Jamie has a lot of experience with a boosted Duratec and AFAIK he's making excellent power.

Now ... for the important stuff. As far as MBRP exhaust goes does your comments above mean you've convinced Martin to re-list the Focus?

There's tons of us on here who have travelled to Huntsville to get our exhausts done and many more who have ordered them and had them installed ... I've purchased no fewer than 3 exhausts from MBRP (I've had eight Foci all together) ... and I'm not alone.

Just as recently as a month ago a handful of us were trying to convince a couple of new members to call Huntsville and ask for one.

Anyway ... personally, and I'm pretty sure I speak for a good number of members on here, I think the loss of the Focus listing at MBRP is a big loss to this community.

Cheers

Ken
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(02-13-2011, 02:24 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(02-13-2011, 01:30 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Hey all!! First day on fc, glad to see a Canadian focus strong hold!!! Just bought an 07 zx3 with 44000k and gonna start the mods asap... I work at MBRP exhaust so no need to worry about that aspect of the car... I'm more worried about under hood... I wanna build the engine up then eventually just pop a turbo in? What's everyones thoughts?

Welcome ... as for mods, there's tons of options and some good boost kits too ... depending on how much power you want / need, there may be no need to build the motor before boosting ... lots of Foci out there with upwards of 250 to 270 whp on stock internals. Jamie has a lot of experience with a boosted Duratec and AFAIK he's making excellent power.

Now ... for the important stuff. As far as MBRP exhaust goes does your comments above mean you've convinced Martin to re-list the Focus?

There's tons of us on here who have travelled to Huntsville to get our exhausts done and many more who have ordered them and had them installed ... I've purchased no fewer than 3 exhausts from MBRP (I've had eight Foci all together) ... and I'm not alone.

Just as recently as a month ago a handful of us were trying to convince a couple of new members to call Huntsville and ask for one.

Anyway ... personally, and I'm pretty sure I speak for a good number of members on here, I think the loss of the Focus listing at MBRP is a big loss to this community.

Cheers

Ken

Thanks for the reply I'm just hoping to get around 200 whp, an was just checkin out the focusport stage 1 turbo... It'll be a while ne ways...

But as you said, for the important stuff lol. I really don't think that he has any plan to re-introduce the focus line... Although I can't speak for him, gas is taking off. However when we were doing inventory this year I did see as many as four systems sitting in storage... Atleast a sedan and some zx3s.. We do still have plans on file for any model up to 07 including the svts... So a custom build is always possible... I can't answer if were gonna bring it back as an offered system though.... Best bet would be to call and talk to Jeff... Doubt you'll get Martin.
Welcome to FC. Good luck with your project. I run MBRP on my Focus and TBH it is one of the best systems ever produced for our platform.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Hi

I ran first gen. MBRP catback on my sedan.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike