Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion Mods Begin
car looks awesome cant wait to see pics of it on the ground and everything installed
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Looks great so far...
any updates ken??
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
drunkinmonkey,Mar 25 2009, 02:18 PM Wrote:any updates ken??
[right][snapback]283408[/snapback][/right]

Well all the new bits and pieces make the car handle, and stop amazingly well - I still can't get over the difference - and the addition of the magnaflow bits make it sound as good an any duratec I've heard - so frankly I'm really enjoying driving this car.

The new rims and tires are waiting for me to pickup in N.Falls - once I put them on I'll post up some pics.

Still trying to decide whether or not I want to niteshade my grill and try and make it look like black chrome or simply paint it body colour ... my concern is that the niteshade might not stand up as well as base and clearcoat might, but then again I guess I could clearcoat over the niteshade.

Question to the experts ... anything I need to know about clearcoating a grill over niteshade?

One guy at a body supply store said not to use the rattle-can clearcoat because it doesn't have some special agent to make it flexible - and he says that for a grill you really want a flexible clearcoat.

I do have a compressor and HVLP spray gun, but frankly I hate the idea of the hours of cleanup after a 10 minute spray job - any suggestions?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Find a body shop with freindly workers and see if you can slap em a few bucks to clear coat over the niteshaded grill when they're doing another car? (Make sure it's a bumper or something that requires the flex agent that they're painting at the time)

I got a pretty good deal getting some parts painted on one of my old cars that way. They just took it in the booth with them and I didn't have to pay any set up fees since they were already painting.

-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
i say paint the grill the body color......

i think black grill will be kind of out of place a little on a green car

photoshop anyone?
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
^^I tend to agree with you, why not just leave it stock? I little bit of chrome isn't that bad. Ken's seen my Focus...thats chrome overkill.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Don't paint it body colour. I think the Black Chrome look on the front of your car would be sick.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Anything you do to that grill your going to regret years later. It will chip no matter what you do.

Leave it alone, man!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Mar 26 2009, 11:57 AM Wrote:Anything you do to that grill your going to regret years later.  It will chip no matter what you do. 

Leave it alone, man!
[right][snapback]283469[/snapback][/right]

I have to agree.

and MeFord would know!