Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry F'ing Christmas
Firstly, Merry Christmas to everyone. Now with the bad news. Some idiot hit my god damn car today in a parking lot. Didn't see who it was, didn't leave a note (must of been the Grinch). All I know is it was a truck with a hitch that nailed my front bumper. He put a hole in my bumper the exact size of the hitch, a square hole.

Does anybody know a good spot to get bumpers? There's no 2009 Focus down here in the wrecking yards. The price for a new one is around 350-400 bucks without painting from the dealer. So I'm looking at a grand or more minimum. The bumper is more expensive than a god damn F-150 bumper.

I will post a picture of it later to see what you guys think, I don't know if it's fixable by a body shop because they wouldn't be able to re-use the piece that got punched because it's actually indented from the hit. If anybody has been threw this I would appreciate some tips.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
[quote='tetra' pid='228085' dateline='1293332466']

I would think if its not to crazy of a spot with bends and stuff you could get a patch plastic welded in and then bondo over it probly less than a new bumper.

shitty deal thow
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
Dude that sucks.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Sucks man!

Look thru Kijiji, while back i had to fix grandma's cavalier and dealer wanted 850$, i bought one from kijiji and painted for her for all under 400$. Maybe you get lucky and find a focus part out.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

that sucks, but good thing it can be fixed or replaced. why not just call up the insurance and put in a claim? is there something your not telling us?
My other ride is your Mom
there's websites out there that can search multiple kijiji and craigslist regions at a time, try them for a 2009 part out.

car-part.com and small town/local wrecking yards are your next best bet. a place like standard auto wreckers is way, way too popular.
I got my engine from hilltop auto wreckers for 400$+tax. 40 000km. The next best (and very common) deal was on car-part, 400$ for 9x000km. The engine wasn't listed online, we called.

i checked rock auto.com, bumpers were 200-350$.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(12-27-2010, 02:49 AM)paolo Wrote: that sucks, but good thing it can be fixed or replaced. why not just call up the insurance and put in a claim? is there something your not telling us?

What is that supposed to mean? I'm not going to pay a 500 deductible and have my insurance go up over this.. And it was in a parking lot.. Usually insurance companies are iffy with that. Either way, not going to make my insurance go up over this.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Let us know how it goes. My Compare (Godfather) owns a autobody shop and he's really good at this kind of stuff, i can get his opinion if it is fixable if you got a picture
My other ride is your Mom