Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More ISP Woes
[Image: 1174314544.png]

I actually worked full-time at a Bell Sympatico call-center in the past, while also working full-time days elsewhere. I've had a few jobs, and honestly this was one of the hardest and most stressful. Yeah every once in awhile something weird happens that make people scream, but for everyone of those, there's 100's of repair people who go out to find one of those 'scripted' troubleshooting methods weren't done and everyone's time was wasted.
Rogers has been having some network issues the last couple of weeks. Their internet went down for a lot of customers in the north of toronto on Thursday for part of the day, and my cell has been intermittently getting 3G from them the last few days as well.

I think Rogers is having some infrastructure problems -- hopefully they can sort it out.

I have Bell...

[Image: 1175401546.png]

I have the 7mb service, but Bell tried recently to sell me the 5Mb Fibe service (5mb/800kb vs my current 7mb/800kb) because, and I quote, "Fiber is quicker than copper".

you'll find people that don't understand what they're talking about at many levels at any comm company.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

(02-27-2011, 05:16 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: I have Bell...

[Image: 1175401546.png]

I have the 7mb service, but Bell tried recently to sell me the 5Mb Fibe service (5mb/800kb vs my current 7mb/800kb) because, and I quote, "Fiber is quicker than copper".

you'll find people that don't understand what they're talking about at many levels at any comm company.

What they wanted to do DP, if they haven't already, is get you off of the legacy unlimited and on to a metered plan.

I'm on the 5MB (actually 6MB since they fixed what broke last Oct but on legacy unlimited at $73 / m. I could save a few bucks but I've watched my GB used head upwards at an alarming rate, between the 2 computers, 2 streaming internet radio devices, PS3 and the iPhone 4.

In fact last month I think I chewed up 50GB and I didn't engage in *any* activity that would make any IP property owner mad.

No way am I willing to hamstring myself to a fixed amount of data at home and I'll leave Bell the minute they try to force me off and cancel my phone with them too.

NefCanuck
Good for you Dan, that's the right attitude to have. I would be paying out the ass in overages if it weren't for unlimited acanac.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
[Image: 1176515471.png]
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
i have a cap of 25gb with bell, never gone over it. My 3 month average is something like 10gb.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Not too shabby for the boons...

[Image: 1180426433.png]
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.