Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kamping - 2011
With the summer fast approaching, I think it's a good time to start thinking forward to the semi-annual camping trip to Algonquin.

It's a great time to hang with friends, tell stories, and enjoy a few drinks...

This event is open to all FC members and their friends/family.

When: Friday June 17 - Sunday June 19th, 2011
Where: Pog Lake, Algonquin Park, Radio Free
Why?: why not...

The last couple of years, this event has shrunk some, but I know some folks are still interested, so we're opening it back up this year.

We'll organize a cruise to the campground, a hike or two, and an opportunity or two for some pics...

I've reserved my site... #209
[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

So who else is in?

Attached Files
.png   kamping-2011.png (Size: 45.17 KB / Downloads: 193)
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Is this place kid friendly?
I would love to go. cost involved?
Very kid friendly. It's Algonquin Park. The wife and I went a few years back and had a very peaceful weekend. I hear the hikes can be hours long though. I'll see if I can dig up my pic's.

[Image: IMG_1652.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1635.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1607.jpg]

Just before leaving for this trip I got a new set of tires installed on my car. The mechanic used his impact to mount the wheels back on my car. This is what I found just after getting on HWY 11 southbound. Let's just say it was a slow ride home.

[Image: IMG_1658.jpg]
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Oh yeah... cost

yes, it's kid friendly... though, you may wish to get a site a little further away from mine as the adults sometimes hang out and have a few drinks late into the evening.

if you wish to join me at my site in the evening, I charge one bundle of wood for the fire.

Everyone is expected to book their own site -- the cost is about $90/site -- share sites and save money...

this sounds like it could be fun, im in, ill probably bring 2 focus (mine and my brothers)
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
I'll try and make it this year. I have missed the last 2 or 3 times and I'm pissed everytime I do.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

seriously dude, you gotta get out to one.. they're tonnes of fun!

Its a riot.
I should be able to make it this year and should be in a bit better shape for hiking.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I might just have to meet u with you guys as you get hwy 60... Been to pog lake before, would love to make it out.
I take it no-one took my offer for Wasi Lake seriously? Oh well, hopefully that weekend we're at the trailer and we can swing down for the day once or twice.

I have an alternate site for you guys (everything is confirmed, take possession May 1st) with about the same amount of driving time, WAY less people, same great type of locale and probably less cost.

I'm going to put up a new catch-all thread about it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I might be up for it but I'm likely not going to be driving the Focus. Blush
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
^-- sparky, I fit everything 2 people need to kamp in style in the ol' vert.. you have plenty more room and horseys to make it camping.

Just don't park too close to my car -- it might wet itself.

Me and Adam may shoot by for the Saturday. Planning on bringing my mountain bike for running around in.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Less than 2 weeks away! Anthony, Jeremy, you guys comin' or what?

Yup, Oscar and I will stage out of Wasi Friday night and head down that way Saturday. An hour's run, max.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Hey guys.
Doesn't look like I'll make it this year.
With selling the house, our weekends are prime time packing time.

Even with movers, and our compulsion for organization, there's still a crap load of stuff to do.
^---- boooo!

Let's hit a jays game or something soon.

I'm still going, but I'm stuck in the office all day tomorrow, so I'll be getting there in the evening. I'm sending the girlfriend up earlier tho, so I'm hoping there'll be a fire, and a cold beer for me when I get there.

looking forward to getting there and catching up with whoever's coming up!

Party at site 209 -- admission is one bundle of firewood Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kamping v 2.0 NOS2Go4Me 9 3,865 10-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Last Post: NefCanuck