Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rpm troubles!!!!
It's a d23... IM is on the front of the engine, pcv line can't be behind it? R u thinkin in talking about a zetec? Kinda confused by "i would also check the PCV line, it is behind the intake manifold"...
It goes into ford Tuesday... Still has powertrain
CEL is now also on!
No, the line runs back there on the 2.0L Duratec, not sure how the lines run on the 2.3L. Should be basicaly the same.

I'd take your throttle body off and your maf sensor out and clean both. I had some idle problems with my 05. It would either chock out or rev high.

I took the MAF out and found a lil tiny piece of dirt on the wire in the open hole on the MAF.

So give that a try and let us know...

Also what is the CEL saying??
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

(04-23-2011, 10:20 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: CEL is now also on!

thats good, at least they can start with something.

Whats the code?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
So car went in today!! Called at 10 and talked to the tech working on it... I forget the exact code number he said, will get it tomorrow. But, he said the code was related to some circuit, and it was related to the iacv. So he said that the iacv was messed electronically... Ordered a new one, should be in tomorrow... I'm hoping that fixes it! Fingers are crossed!! Will update tomorrow with code!
(04-27-2011, 08:14 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: So car went in today!! Called at 10 and talked to the tech working on it... I forget the exact code number he said, will get it tomorrow. But, he said the code was related to some circuit, and it was related to the iacv. So he said that the iacv was messed electronically... Ordered a new one, should be in tomorrow... I'm hoping that fixes it! Fingers are crossed!! Will update tomorrow with code!

I guess that's good news assuming it's covered by a warranty.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I still have powertrain... Would the iacv be covered? Been wondering!
Just got off the phone with bickley ford, car is good to go!! Not sure what exactly was wrong but I'll find out when I pick it up at 4:00 after work! Pretty sure it was something electrical with the iacv!!
That's crazy... I've been away from here but I was going to say IAC as well. It's on the engine, it should covered by your powertrain warranty.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(04-28-2011, 10:17 PM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: That's crazy... I've been away from here but I was going to say IAC as well. It's on the engine, it should covered by your powertrain warranty.

From your keyboard to god's screen Adam ... but personally I wouldn't count on it.

Parts covered by Focus powertrain warranty, from the interweb:

Engine:

-All Internal Lubricated Parts
-Cylinder block
-Cylinder heads
-Flywheel
-Manifold (exhaust)
-Manifold (intake)
-Oil pan
-Oil pump
-Seals and gaskets
-Thermostat
-Thermostat housing
-Timing chain (gears or belt)
-Timing chain cover
-Turbocharger/supercharger unit (factory installed)
-Valve covers
-Water pump

Transmission:

-All internal parts
-Seals and gaskets
-Torque converter
-Transfer case (including internal parts)
-Transmission case

Front-Wheel Drive:

-Axleshafts
-Bearings (front-wheel)
-Bearings (rear-wheel)
-Constant velocity and universal joints
-Final drive housing and all internal parts
-Hubs, automatic front locking (foue-wheel drive)
-Locking rings (four-wheel drive)
-Seals and gaskets

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

No, my iacv was not covered under powertrain... However, weiland ford in Kitchener where I picked the car up from tool care of the bill because I know the Mark Weiland! I'm sure the total woulda been over $350... I was very lucky!
(04-29-2011, 08:16 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: No, my iacv was not covered under powertrain... However, weiland ford in Kitchener where I picked the car up from tool care of the bill because I know the Mark Weiland! I'm sure the total woulda been over $350... I was very lucky!

Good for you and good on Wieland for stepping up and doing the right thing.

Yea no doubt, it was all their head sales man James! I'm just glad it's fixed!