Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Fiesta ST
nice car, hope it comes here but yeah - I wouldn't buy one.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I love the feista st but i would much rather have a fiat 500 abarth or a citroen ds3 racing. ( they were both on the new topgear yesterday , but i wanted them long before that) I just wish they would make an AWD focus st or fiesta st.
AWD Fiesta ST would be > FWD Focus ST. Sadly, Ford refuses to "pull back" AWD tech from Volvo or put it to use on their shared platforms. They'd likely kick Subaru square in the ass in Canada. Subbies are rather popular due to their AWD and somewhat economical nature.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
(09-16-2011, 04:16 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: Sadly, Ford refuses to "pull back" AWD tech from Volvo or put it to use on their shared platforms.

Keep in mind Ford doesn't own Volvo anymore...
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
(09-16-2011, 04:16 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: AWD Fiesta ST would be > FWD Focus ST. Sadly, Ford refuses to "pull back" AWD tech from Volvo or put it to use on their shared platforms. They'd likely kick Subaru square in the ass in Canada. Subbies are rather popular due to their AWD and somewhat economical nature.

If you can bring a cheap fun to drive awd hatch to the market you would kick alot of people in the ass.
if the interior is anything like the focus was, then I'd barely fit in it lol

i also think the tires look kinda dinky... like its running on donuts or something. I feel like they belong on a mini or something.

Sorry to you Ford guys out there... but thumbs down on the new gen of Fords...
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(09-16-2011, 09:10 AM)Mystake Wrote: if the interior is anything like the focus was, then I'd barely fit in it lol

i also think the tires look kinda dinky... like its running on donuts or something. I feel like they belong on a mini or something.

The interior is actually nearly as big as the mk1 focus... and the mk3 foci interiors are much roomier than the older ones.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
I didn't have too much issue with the interior space of the Fiesta when i was in Italy. I'd be rubbing elbows with any guy that sat in the front seat, but wasn't horrible.

My only complaint is the oddly vague feeling of the electric power steering on first turn-in. It sometimes takes the car a quarter second to remember the steering wheel is connected to the front wheels.

I'm rather impressed with the current gen of Fords. They all look pretty sharp (though, I'd argue the escape and explorer need an update), and the performance is impressive too. I'd rather a focus ST over the fiesta ST....

It's nice to know that you don't have to rely on being a contortionist in the event of a minor collision.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

(09-16-2011, 01:54 PM)euro_zx5 Wrote:
(09-16-2011, 09:10 AM)Mystake Wrote: if the interior is anything like the focus was, then I'd barely fit in it lol

The interior is actually nearly as big as the mk1 focus... and the mk3 foci interiors are much roomier than the older ones.

Yup, the interior on the Mk.3 Focus is quite roomy. I was VERY impressed with the interior on the SEL hatch I drove. I still want to drive a SEL with a stick, tho.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Oscar, you're fucking banned.

(For beating MeFord4U to the pinch Tongue)
^^ Big Grin

(09-17-2011, 12:08 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: Oscar, you're fucking banned.

(For beating MeFord4U to the pinch Tongue)

Well its about time. I posted that up a while ago.Tongue
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin