Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pony in the Stable ... (Warning: Thar be pics har!)
Why worry Daniel , that makes two of us being ran over . But the more (good )people , the more fun . Also I will be one of the few if not the only one out there with four cylinders , non turbo or S/c , so I should be worrying . It's all good !

(07-04-2011, 01:08 PM)NefCanuck Wrote: Oh come *on* Gabriel, I don't need someone else running me over Tongue

(Seriously though Sparky, Mosport is a blast and you can have the ultimate *WTF* moment watching a Ford Fusion getting flogged on a racetrack Big Grin)

NefCanuck

Yeah but you have the skills to catch and pass when the going gets twisty. I'm not there yet Tongue

It's that course that makes me wish I was insane enough to throw a s/c on my daily driver (It's been done on a Fusion in the US, though they still haven't gotten the tune at full boil because of the ATX in the V6)

NefCanuck
Nice ride, Sparky! You got the 5.0 - smart man! Intake and XCal/Livewire once you get the Cobra system on, stat!.

As for your cop buddy, tell him he can trade the S2000 in down at the sewing machine shop and go get one of his own! LOL
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Daniel , you are too modest .Also I think you have enough motor in there + the awd advantage , just try to overcome the impulse to back off sometimes and just keep pushing . I am still fighting that feeling . Try to get Mitchell next time , he is a great instructor , he drives the black svtf with s/c . We had a great run at Watkins Glen chasing each other . First I chased him and he showed me the lines and then he chased me to see if I was following his instructions .

(07-05-2011, 01:57 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: Yeah but you have the skills to catch and pass when the going gets twisty. I'm not there yet Tongue

It's that course that makes me wish I was insane enough to throw a s/c on my daily driver (It's been done on a Fusion in the US, though they still haven't gotten the tune at full boil because of the ATX in the V6)

NefCanuck

(07-05-2011, 01:18 PM)Gabriel Wrote: Daniel , you are too modest .Also I think you have enough motor in there + the awd advantage , just try to overcome the impulse to back off sometimes and just keep pushing . I am still fighting that feeling . Try to get Mitchell next time , he is a great instructor , he drives the black svtf with s/c . We had a great run at Watkins Glen chasing each other . First I chased him and he showed me the lines and then he chased me to see if I was following his instructions .

I think part of it is the fact that I know in the back of my head that if I really were to damage the car, I'd be rideless until it got put back together because I can't just grab a rental car.

Well, that and the fact that now I know the tires I have on the car absolutely hate my guts when I actually ask them to do anything (they scream bloody murder at the slightest bit of exercise)

Well, we'll see which instructors can make it this year, I actually liked mine last year quite a lot because he was all about "control" as opposed to going "as fast as I can" my speeds were getting up there and he showed me what you can do with control.

He took me out in his Miata, the car only had race tires on it, was stock otherwise but dear god could he make that thing dance when he wanted to.

I just hope things are a little cooler this year, my car definitely suffers power wise when the temperatures get up there (Not to mention I'd like to avoid nearly drowning in my own chair if the skies open up Big Grin)

NefCanuck
Congrats, got to ride in a 5.0 at shanonville. Hauls ass right out of the box.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Congrats on the stang!! truly a piece of beauty! just wondering though, by how much more is the stang's insurance compared to the focus? The stang is an amazingly well priced machine at 412hp within 50grand, but then just wondering how much is the insurance jump on it...
(07-18-2011, 11:37 AM)arpaul15 Wrote: Congrats on the stang!! truly a piece of beauty! just wondering though, by how much more is the stang's insurance compared to the focus? The stang is an amazingly well priced machine at 412hp within 50grand, but then just wondering how much is the insurance jump on it...
Believe it or not. $60 a year. That's it.

Mind you, consider that I'm 44, clean record, no accidents, and I get a multi-vehicle discount (I have 4 cars); both cars are not my official "work cars".

The Focus was $1310 a year (full coverage; but I just took collision off of it), the Mustang is $1370. The beauty of the Mustang is that I'm only insuring it for the road half the year (May-Oct) and I pay comprehensive for the full year in case something happens in storage. So the bill is about $750 a year.

The reason for the cost isn't much higher on the Stang is because even though it's much more expensive, is that compared to the Focus it fares better in accidents, protects the occupants better, and the average new Mustang owner is much older than the average Focus owner, so there are less accidents per.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
True. Good to know! So definitely looks like the mustang is not a bullet to the wallet insurance wise. I guess its like the Civics, just because of the demographic and the nature of the people who buy civics are generally younger and inclined towards 'racing', insurance for some models are insane. I'm 21, and my insurance on the focus is about $200/month, only liability. That is with a clean driving record and no accidents. However, this is with TD Meloche Monnex, and a mississauga address. If I change my address to my address in Oshawa where I go to school, I was getting full coverage with Belair/State Farm for about $180/month.

(07-19-2011, 12:13 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 11:37 AM)arpaul15 Wrote: Congrats on the stang!! truly a piece of beauty! just wondering though, by how much more is the stang's insurance compared to the focus? The stang is an amazingly well priced machine at 412hp within 50grand, but then just wondering how much is the insurance jump on it...
Believe it or not. $60 a year. That's it.

Mind you, consider that I'm 44, clean record, no accidents, and I get a multi-vehicle discount (I have 4 cars); both cars are not my official "work cars".

The Focus was $1310 a year (full coverage; but I just took collision off of it), the Mustang is $1370. The beauty of the Mustang is that I'm only insuring it for the road half the year (May-Oct) and I pay comprehensive for the full year in case something happens in storage. So the bill is about $750 a year.

The reason for the cost isn't much higher on the Stang is because even though it's much more expensive, is that compared to the Focus it fares better in accidents, protects the occupants better, and the average new Mustang owner is much older than the average Focus owner, so there are less accidents per.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pics Of A Friends Tiburon ! 56k Warning ! ZX3guy2000 11 3,236 07-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Pics Of My 05 Warning 56k 05zx5 11 2,758 05-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Last Post: ZTS_DJ
  Pics Of My Car Finally (56k Warning) habmann 20 7,346 04-15-2005, 01:40 AM
Last Post: habmann