Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ZX3 Turbo
that turbo isnt to big for the stock motor. you can run a GT30 on the stock motor @ 9psi and not break anything with the correct tuning and make 250whp all day everyday. This is a 14b turbo is it not? when is the turbo getting full boost at??

the TQ values associated with it are the main issue ill tell you that. do you still have a dyno chart laying around and a complete list of what is done when you had it flo?

i can likely find the weak point in the set up
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(07-22-2011, 04:05 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: that turbo isnt to big for the stock motor. you can run a GT30 on the stock motor @ 9psi and not break anything with the correct tuning and make 250whp all day everyday. This is a 14b turbo is it not? when is the turbo getting full boost at??

the TQ values associated with it are the main issue ill tell you that. do you still have a dyno chart laying around and a complete list of what is done when you had it flo?

i can likely find the weak point in the set up

This would make my day......also if theres is a competent tuner in the ottawa area that can do this proper
it was a 14B turbo, the internals have all been upgraded, like I said, similar to what I'm running on my rex now and is good for 350whp.

I do have a dyno but that was with the old turbo setup, and the old tune. Its a completely different beast now.

full boost then was around 3600rpm, at that point it was making around 170 wtrq. peaked at 210trq @ redline.

kirk told me it put down 270whp on the new tune but I have a hard time believing that.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
(07-22-2011, 04:19 AM)Flofocus Wrote: it was a 14B turbo, the internals have all been upgraded, like I said, similar to what I'm running on my rex now and is good for 350whp.

I do have a dyno but that was with the old turbo setup, and the old tune. Its a completely different beast now.

full boost then was around 3600rpm, at that point it was making around 170 wtrq. peaked at 210trq @ redline.

kirk told me it put down 270whp on the new tune but I have a hard time believing that.

I was told it was 256 whp when i picked it up... but i didnt buy it from kirk..