Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning Tinted Windows
So, I'm getting my tools and supplies together, to try and keep my new car looking new for the next 20 years or so....Smile I've got my wax, detergent, tire cleaner, rim cleaner, glass cleaner, plastic cleaner, tire shine, etc. Then, I realized that I'm going to need a different glass cleaner for the interior windows, as the windows are tinted. Can anyone give me some advice on what to buy?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Don't use Windex or any amonia based cleaner. Use the foam stuff.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
yeah they sell window cleaners at crappy tire that specifically say "ammonia free" thats formulated to be tint-safe. look for that stuff
My other ride is your Mom
Bon Ami is the best window cleaner. Period.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I'll chime in for Stoner's Invisible Glass.

NefCanuck
TEAM W.T.F.? Because everything has to be explained

[img]hXXp://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Duratec,black,red.png[/img]
I use stoners also.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Are we liking Stoner's 'cause of the product, or the name? I have Stoner's with rain-ex for the exterior of the windows, so I guess I'll get Stoner's for the interior. As always, thanks guys. Once I get it washed and waxed and lookin' prettier, I'll post some pics, if I remember how.....
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
I use it because "It Just Works"

No film, no streaks, no nothin' and if used on the outside and inside glass you can practically see the weave of the fabric of my shirt Tongue

NefCanuck
TEAM W.T.F.? Because everything has to be explained

[img]hXXp://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Duratec,black,red.png[/img]
Stoners is the best... I've used it on both my cars! Says tint safe right on the can...
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
(08-03-2011, 01:18 PM)oldeguy Wrote: So, I'm getting my tools and supplies together, to try and keep my new car looking new for the next 20 years or so....Smile I've got my wax, detergent, tire cleaner, rim cleaner, glass cleaner, plastic cleaner, tire shine, etc. Then, I realized that I'm going to need a different glass cleaner for the interior windows, as the windows are tinted. Can anyone give me some advice on what to buy?

If it's the factory tint, then you don't need any special kind of cleaner - factory tint is not a film, it's "baked" into the glass itself.

If it's an aftermarket tint, then yeah - go with the stoners.

BTW - the Bon Ami that meford mentioned starts life as a powder, but when mixed with water it is non-abrasive and there is nothing better for removing that film that accumulates on the outside of the window - and for just pennies.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I just got my windows tinted the other day you do not need anything special.