Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drove my first JDM today...
(09-09-2011, 02:07 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: ^^^ all these future cars Adam and Focus is still not done Undecided

All it needs is body and paint, and it's not getting that now just to be put away for the winter in a garage.

So many impatient people who don't own Focuses. *sigh*

It'll likely get a tune in a week or so. You guys have NO IDEA what I've had to go through with this car. 320Ks (and more) of just sheer WTF everytime something goes awry.

Honestly, Stan's a great guy and all but a LOT of routine maintenance just never happened. Lots of parts left on to linger far beyond their time.

Even more... but I'm not going there. Let's just say I've discovered things about the car that shouldn't be there given its history. More... "work" to deal with.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
So, we ended up getting the car, and had it for almost a full week. It was a lot of fun, got a lot of positive attention, and actually garnered zero negative attention from the local law enforcement agencies or people that would want to steal it.

I can say that after driving it for almost a week, I really liked being able to shift with my left hand (being left-handed and all), and didn't feel uncomfortable navigating the streets from the RHS of the car at all. The car was quite responsive, the suspension was actually fantastic on the highway (though it sucked ballz on the rough streets in Ottawa), and it's definately a kind of car I would look for myself if I wanted/needed a toy (I still have the 77 Chevy Silverado that's going to be made into a resto-mod street truck eventually).

After driving it for the week, I let the owner know what I thought was wrong with it, or what it needed, including the car having a severe dead-spot at around 3800-4200 rpm, and feeling that the engine and turbo aren't setup properly (should be more powerful than it is). Gotta love the locking rear diff too (the inner wheel would hop/shift in tight corners at low speeds), which he said is actually factory (has something to do with the HICAS, and it being RWD, and forcing the car to go straight as much as possible).

All in all, it was a fun ride, and perhaps I can post some pics, with his permission of the car.

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Never seen a rhd car in person... Is the gear layout the same (ie. 1st in upper left)? I assume it would because of the transmissions
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
^^^ "Never seen a rhd car in person"
It's almost hard to believe....
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
True story haha... Even though a salesman drives a rhd civic... I've never bothere to check it out cuz it's a piece lol
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
(10-06-2011, 07:05 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: Never seen a rhd car in person... Is the gear layout the same (ie. 1st in upper left)? I assume it would because of the transmissions

Its funny when you get pulled over throws the cops off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drove a Durango today... Drivesthebeast 15 5,880 11-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky