Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midway Games Files For Chapter 11
Even the classic video game companies are falling like flies.
MIDWAY GAMES

F A T A L I T Y !!!!!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
As long as Capconm and Activision make it who cares.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Canadian ST,Feb 15 2009, 04:54 PM Wrote:As long as Capconm and Activision make it who cares.
[right][snapback]281160[/snapback][/right]
and EA, they make some of the really good sim & sports related games everyone likes.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Don't forget Rockstar.
Man, and here I thought Midway was raking in the cash with their recent titles (MK vs. DC Universe is a hot seller)

EA Games are the 1,000lb gorilla in the room though and that's not always a good thing (witness their lockup of the NFL rights and what happened to their competitors as a result)

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Feb 16 2009, 12:25 AM Wrote:Don't forget Rockstar.
[right][snapback]281166[/snapback][/right]

True, can't forget the GTA series.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
EA is in bigger trouble than people think.

Sales of annual sports game updates has started falling flat over the years due to franchise overload... and some of their best games of the year (read: Dead Space) didn't do as well as they should.

So there you have it. The more IPs a company holds, the more risk they have in their portfolio. They'd be better off if they were a smaller company with one or two good IPs to manage.

I'm sure there'll be more layoffs in the industry and closures to compliment the half dozen or so that have folded recently.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Too bad hopefully they can dig themselves out of the hole, I have fond memories of playing there games when I was a kid. Time to dig up the old Atari 2600 grab a beer and play some Defender.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
Geez... they're the veterans that shouldn't go down.

Oh and Vault (L4D)... along with Atari/Epic (Unreal series)
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded