Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Ford Edge Quotes (pics)
If your still interestes in The Toyota Try Ken Shaw they will be able to give you the best discount on any Toyota KenShaw

As for the Edge going for $40,000 Plus damm thats pricey payments are pretty high expecially over 72 months but then again ur not putting any money down so if thats the best deal you can get go for it.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
NefCanuck,Feb 16 2009, 02:32 PM Wrote:When you finance through Ford Credit it's always possible to pay the loan off early (In fact that's what I did last week with the Fusion, just have to get the proof to forward to my ins. co. to get them off the title) only catch would have been if you were paying interest on the loan but at 0% financing, you can call them up at any point, get the final payout number and cut a cheque

N.B. Ford Credit says to send the cheque to a P.O. Box in Scarlem (Scarborough) but you can also drop the cheque off to a Ford dealer who will then courier it to them (Guess which method this legal beagle used? :P :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]281189[/snapback][/right]

With 0% financing there's no benefit to paying it off early ... if you come into some cash put it into a GIC or something ... the last thing to do is pay off a loan that isn't costing you anything.

BTW: the 0% financing on Edge concludes tomorrow ... there will undoubtedly be a new set of incentives, but it can't get any better than zero, right?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
It is still possible to get 0% (or close to it) financing through Ford on a "used" vehicle. If you don't mind a little mileage on your purchased vehicle, your best bet is to find a cap-unit or an executively driven car. Essentially what that implies is that the vehicle has either been driven by a Ford exec or by a dealership manager (both of which have less tendencies to beat the snot out of a car). Ford is constantly pushing dealerships into purchasing "cap units" from headquarters so they can dump the cars without having to run them thru the auction and taking a hit on sales.

Here's where the beauty part comes in...cap units are never registered as being sold while driven by execs which means you still have full warranty starting from the day YOU purchase the vehicle. So although there's a few thousand Km's on your car, in Ford's eyes it's still brand new. Other benefit to demo units is that all the program money from Ford (ie. cash-backs, program money, dealer incentives, etc) plus depreciation value are already calculated into the final price of the car.

And just to dispell any myths about A-plan pricing, there is no flexibility when a dealership offers you that pricing level. It's generally calculated to be 2% less than dealer invoice cost. Basically when a car is sold at A-plan, Ford motor company reimburses the dealership the difference below cost, plus throws in an extra chunk of money to cover "handling" costs plus pay the commission to the salesperson. The margins for A-Plan are very thin.

Hope this helps a bit.

Ps. Regarding free oil changes...nothing is free in this world. The cost is just built into your final pricing.
06gtpony,Feb 22 2009, 10:14 PM Wrote:It is still possible to get 0% (or close to it) financing through Ford on a "used" vehicle.  If you don't mind a little mileage on your purchased vehicle, your best bet is to find a cap-unit or an executively driven car.  Essentially what that implies is that the vehicle has either been driven by a Ford exec or by a dealership manager (both of which have less tendencies to beat the snot out of a car).  Ford is constantly pushing dealerships into purchasing "cap units" from headquarters so they can dump the cars without having to run them thru the auction and taking a hit on sales.

Here's where the beauty part comes in...cap units are never registered as being sold while driven by execs which means you still have full warranty starting from the day YOU purchase the vehicle.  So although there's a few thousand Km's on your car, in Ford's eyes it's still brand new.  Other benefit to demo units is that all the program money from Ford (ie.  cash-backs, program money, dealer incentives, etc) plus depreciation value are already calculated into the final price of the car.

And just to dispell any myths about A-plan pricing, there is no flexibility when a dealership offers you that pricing level.  It's generally calculated to be 2% less than dealer invoice cost.  Basically when a car is sold at A-plan, Ford motor company reimburses the dealership the difference below cost, plus throws in an extra chunk of money to cover "handling" costs plus pay the commission to the salesperson.  The margins for A-Plan are very thin. 

Hope this helps a bit.

Ps.  Regarding free oil changes...nothing is free in this world.  The cost is just built into your final pricing.
[right][snapback]281533[/snapback][/right]

Who the fawk is this guy?

And there is flexiblity in A plan and X plan pricing. I worked my best deal when I bought my truck new and then told the dealer I was an A plan employee.

And I have never seen or heard of Ford giving 0% for a used vehicle. Show your source.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 24 2009, 01:24 PM Wrote:And there is flexiblity in A plan and X plan pricing.  I worked my best deal when I bought my truck new and then told the dealer I was an A plan  employee.

And I have never seen or heard of Ford giving 0% for a used vehicle.  Show your source.
[right][snapback]281600[/snapback][/right]

Perhaps you mis-interpreted the above post...
A-plan pricing is a fixed number (shown on the bottom corner of the dealer invoice). If you're comparing a deal that the dealership is offering you versus A-Plan pricing, then yes there is a significant variance. The only added cost reduction you get on A-plan would be any cash-backs or incentives from Ford on that particular model/year.

As far as 0% on used...purchasing a demo unit isn't considered a used vehicle in the normal sense. Although it has mileage on it, it's still a brand new car in the eyes of Ford Credit. So for example, you purchase a demo-driven 2008 Ford Edge, and Ford Credit's rate on 08's is 0.9% financing on new on-ground 08's...you still qualify for the 0.9%. The big difference between a demo and a brand new (never driven) car is that a demo will have a depreciated price (ie dealer will knock a couple grand off the pricing).

Hope this clarifies a little.
thanks 06gtpony
i'll keep this all in mind!
Just to clarify ... Anthony isn't eligible for A-Plan ... he is eligible for X-Plan Friends and Family program if someone with A-Plan eligibility can get him a PIN -- I assume that is the case here.

A-Plan pricing is set by Ford (as is X-Plan pricing) and the dealer cannot charge anything differently and cannot add an admin fee under any circumstances ... the dealer, however, is able to sell at any price he wishes, including lower than X-PLan or even A-plan for that matter.

A-Plan prices are considerably lower than X-Plan and so it is far more likely Anthony could negotiate a better price than X-Plan, but on the other hand it is unlikely Anthony could get a dealer to give him A-Plan pricing, because the dealer wouldn't receive the A-Plan commission from Ford.

Anthony ... just in case you haven't had time to check, Ford has changed their incentives on Edge ... 0% finance rates are now only to 60 months, a 72-month term is now 1.99% ... and lease rates are the same as before.

The good news is that there is now a $1,000 delivery incentive on Edge SEL - up from $500. Edge SE continues to have the $3,500 delivery allowance.

EDIT: and for further clarity ... although X-Plan customers are not eligible for either the No-charge SYNC or No-charge Accessories program, there is an additional $350 delivery cash just for A/X/Z/D/F-plan customers - $500 for Ranger, F-150, and Sport Trac.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

meford4u,Feb 14 2009, 09:24 PM Wrote:A dealer that has higher volumes of a particular vehicle will receive bigger discounts from Ford.  That's why the two vehicles may vary in price. [right][snapback]281127[/snapback][/right]

This is 110% untrue.
06gtpony,Feb 24 2009, 02:46 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Feb 14 2009, 09:24 PM Wrote:A dealer that has higher volumes of a particular vehicle will receive bigger discounts from Ford.  That's why the two vehicles may vary in price. [right][snapback]281127[/snapback][/right]

This is 110% untrue.
[right][snapback]281612[/snapback][/right]

Looks like we have a Ford employees' brawl fellas!

:lol:

*grabs popcorn*
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 24 2009, 11:50 PM Wrote:Looks like we have a Ford employees' brawl fellas!

*grabs popcorn*
[right][snapback]281631[/snapback][/right]

LOL...it's not a brawl.
:rolleyes:

Not what I wanted in this thread. :lol:

Still looking, shopping, researching, quoting and trying to learn as much as I can.

I'll keep y'all posted!

a.
We bought an 07 edge for my wife and I just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say they are fantastic vehicles. My 5'0" wife LOVES it, she has no problems at all with the seating.
Whichever way you choose, the edge is a good choice.
Procharger: Removed, and waiting for new host.
Future: Genesis Coupe 2.0t.
paulicat,Feb 25 2009, 10:23 AM Wrote:We bought an 07 edge for my wife and I just wanted to put my 2 cents in and say they are fantastic vehicles. My 5'0" wife LOVES it, she has no problems at all with the seating.
Whichever way you choose, the edge is a good choice.
[right][snapback]281652[/snapback][/right]

What I like to hear. Thanks.

The first thing I thought on my testdrive was this isn't what Ford used to be.
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 24 2009, 10:50 PM Wrote:
06gtpony,Feb 24 2009, 02:46 PM Wrote:

This is 110% untrue.
[right][snapback]281612[/snapback][/right]

Looks like we have a Ford employees' brawl fellas!

*grabs popcorn*
[right][snapback]281631[/snapback][/right]
No brawl. It's a simple math equation that Anthony can solve himself. Take the same quote to another dealer and ask them for a quote. I guarantee it's different.

Your a parts guy at Ford.

My father owned a Ford dealership in NFLD.

Who would you believe.

And I work for Ford and have priced out vehicles at different dealers and gotten different prices for a plan. Why? Volume.

My truck was $36498 retail. Oakland wanted $31,700. I bought the truck for $29980 from Dixie Ford. Same truck, same specs, bigger savings.

Why? Oakland is not a volume dealer of trucks whereas Dixie is. Oakland sells alot of Edges, Lincolns, and they get larger discounts from Ford. I know this because not only was my father a delear at one time, he was also a VP at Ford of Canada in the late 80's.

No argument, if you don't believe me, then shop the prices at different dealers.

No Brawl? Damn, I was looking for some entertainment.

So let's all have a beer and go for a cruise in Anthony's new Edge.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
meford4u,Feb 25 2009, 03:35 PM Wrote:No brawl.  It's a simple math equation that Anthony can solve himself.  Take the same quote to another dealer and ask them for a quote.  I guarantee it's different.

Your a parts guy at Ford.

My father owned a Ford dealership in NFLD.

Who would you believe.

And I work for Ford and have priced out vehicles at different dealers and gotten different prices for a plan.  Why?  Volume.[right][snapback]281663[/snapback][/right]

Not getting into a pissing match here.
But if we're gonna throw down our qualifications, so be it.
I worked at Ford all my life...spent over 8 years as a sales manager, now work in parts wholesale (where I can make more money) ... was mentored by the Vice- President of Ford of Canada, and I'm close friends with 2 dealer operations managers at Ford.

So what do I know, right?

The "we offer better prices because we're a high-volume dealer" is a big crock of s*** that dealers use to suck people in. If you're an X-Plan customer, then the best price you will get is X-PLAN (plus any addition dealer cash-backs or incentives offered by Ford). If you're willing to wait until end of summer, you can probably cash in by taking advantage of Family Pricing (or A-Plan) which Ford sometimes offers when they're trying to unload end-of year products.

Anyways, I wont input anything else to this thread since I'm clearly wrong.
If anyone wants my advice, please PM me.

Ps. To "meford4u" ... you may want to sit down with your father (who owned a dealer) and have a detailed discussion about how the system actually works.

Thanx.
06gtpony,Feb 25 2009, 04:17 PM Wrote:The "we offer better prices because we're a high-volume dealer" is a big crock of s*** that dealers use to suck people in.  If you're an X-Plan customer, then the best price you will get is X-PLAN (plus any addition dealer cash-backs or incentives offered by Ford).
[right][snapback]281666[/snapback][/right]

+1 - this is true
Focused,Feb 26 2009, 11:54 AM Wrote:
06gtpony,Feb 25 2009, 04:17 PM Wrote:The "we offer better prices because we're a high-volume dealer" is a big crock of s*** that dealers use to suck people in.  If you're an X-Plan customer, then the best price you will get is X-PLAN (plus any addition dealer cash-backs or incentives offered by Ford).

+1 - this is true
[right][snapback]281724[/snapback][/right]

Hey guys - don't get too hung up on the semantics ... yes the actual price of the vehicle will not change from one dealer to another, but Ford of Canada has all kinds of programs that incent dealers at different amounts depending on the volume the dealer generates ... sometimes it's a different amount depending on Dealer Size Category (A, B, C, D) where the larger-volume dealers get a bigger incentive ... and then there are progressive pay or stair-step programs where the first few units pay a certain amount and then the amount per unit gets higher as the volume gets higher ... so a larger volume dealer has the potential to pay less per unit on a net basis factoring in the various cash amounts Ford gives back to them.

So in this case you're all wrong except me. I win. ;-/

ZTWsquared,Feb 26 2009, 12:11 PM Wrote:

+1 - this is true

Hey guys - don't get too hung up on the semantics ... yes the actual price of the vehicle will not change from one dealer to another, but Ford of Canada has all kinds of programs that incent dealers at different amounts depending on the volume the dealer generates ... sometimes it's a different amount depending on Dealer Size Category (A, B, C, D) where the larger-volume dealers get a bigger incentive ... and then there are progressive pay or stair-step programs where the first few units pay a certain amount and then the amount per unit gets higher as the volume gets higher ... so a larger volume dealer has the potential to pay less per unit on a net basis factoring in the various cash amounts Ford gives back to them.

[right][snapback]281727[/snapback][/right]
This is exactly what I am talking about. If we all didn't know this, we all have learned a thing or two.

Thanks Ken.

ZTWsquared,Feb 26 2009, 12:11 PM Wrote:

+1 - this is true

[right][snapback]281727[/snapback][/right]

:bowdown:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011 Ford Edge Released ZX3_2NV 19 8,435 02-13-2010, 03:37 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Four-cylinder Ecoboost Ford Edge ZX3_2NV 11 5,521 02-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Ford Edge Hit By Lightning CanadaSVT 5 2,711 07-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Last Post: CanadaSVT
  Ford To Sell Edge Crossover In Brazil Frost__2001 3 1,989 01-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Ford Edge Appealing To Older Customers, Frost__2001 21 4,925 04-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me
  Ford Edge Crossovers Slow To Arrive Frost__2001 30 10,189 03-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast
  Ford Edge / Lincoln Mkx 2007 Iihs Top Safety Pick OAC_Sparky 6 2,903 02-12-2007, 05:52 AM
Last Post: eSVeeTy
  Ford Announces Pricing For 2007 Edge Frost__2001 27 8,656 10-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CanadaSVT
  2007 Ford Edge Kool_ZX3 25 9,071 01-10-2006, 04:41 AM
Last Post: meford4u