Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Cuts
My girl friends work just released this to the media about major cuts here and mainly in the states.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...k395TX1avTtUq0g
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

i hear ya. Wife lost her job too. She gets back from mat leave and 3 days later they lay off 330 ppl from canada and 2500 world wide. So she is one of the unlucky ones. Also bc she is just going back to work from a mat leave she wont qualify for EI either.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Feb 12 2009, 09:07 PM Wrote:i hear ya. Wife lost her job too. She gets back from mat leave and 3 days later they lay off 330 ppl from canada and 2500 world wide. So she is one of the unlucky ones. Also bc she is just going back to work from a mat leave she wont qualify for EI either.
[right][snapback]281057[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Who told you that she would be ineligible for EI? That sounds wrong, I mean I know to qualify for EI you need insurable hours (which in theory she wouldn't have accumulated on mat leave) but I could swear I remember some sort of exemption for people in this exact situation.

I'll ask the EI expert at the office tomorrow, PM me her # of hours worked in the year before going on mat leave and whether she took the full mat leave allotment, something sounds screwy.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Feb 13 2009, 04:39 AM Wrote:
mo_focus,Feb 12 2009, 09:07 PM Wrote:i hear ya. Wife lost her job too. She gets back from mat leave and 3 days later they lay off 330 ppl from canada and 2500 world wide. So she is one of the unlucky ones. Also bc she is just going back to work from a mat leave she wont qualify for EI either.
[right][snapback]281057[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Who told you that she would be ineligible for EI? That sounds wrong, I mean I know to qualify for EI you need insurable hours (which in theory she wouldn't have accumulated on mat leave) but I could swear I remember some sort of exemption for people in this exact situation.

I'll ask the EI expert at the office tomorrow, PM me her # of hours worked in the year before going on mat leave and whether she took the full mat leave allotment, something sounds screwy.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]281063[/snapback][/right]

thanks for looking into this. Its a little bit weird on how many hours she would need to qualify. It changes every month depending on the unemployment results for the previous month. So when she started looking into this she needed 680 hrs and she was short 80. This month unemployment release the new fiquires and it seems like its down to 600 hrs, so she is only short 20 now. Hopefully by march it will be even less and she could qualify for it. She has until March 31st which gives her 580 i think.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Got the news and it isn't good I'm afraid.

The issue is that if she used the full 52 week mat leave then she can't use them again for regular EI benefits and there is no way to go to the time period before she went on mat leave either.

The only time she could do that was is if the actual pregnancy caused her to fall ill and then to go on benefits...

NefCanuck