Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about lowering the Focus
Hey guys i was wondering if you guys can give me a feed back on which way i should be going if i want to lower my car, coil overs or spings. My car is only for driving around the streets meaning i will not be taking it to any tracks. Please help me figure this out and if you could maybe direct me to a decent supplier.

Thanks again
2007 Focus ZX3 SE Screaming Yellow
Mods: 7" Alpine Double Din In-Dash DVD, Projector Headlights w/ 8000K HID Upgrade, Tinted Windows, Tail lights and 3rd Brake, 17" Motegi MR125 Rims w/ 205 Falken FK452, Ford Racing Dampeners M-18000-ZX3, H&R Sport Springs
i would say if u want it took and handle a bit better then go with springs

(04-18-2012, 02:50 AM)wilky1989 Wrote: Hey guys i was wondering if you guys can give me a feed back on which way i should be going if i want to lower my car, coil overs or spings. My car is only for driving around the streets meaning i will not be taking it to any tracks. Please help me figure this out and if you could maybe direct me to a decent supplier.

Thanks again
Just lowered mine Night and Day
I lowered mine on Eibach Sportlines, i did much research on what the best setup for the focus is, if you want low and a rough ride then coilovers, if you want a decent drop and incredible handleing the springs and strut/shock setup,

Im running the Eibach Sportlines, and spent a but of money on the KYB AGX, and i will never look back on my decision, and also read that i was one of the best track and all around setups, for the simple reason of, i might not track, but if i decide thats what i want to do, i can.

I bought my springs used ( only one season on them ) for 80$
Then the struts/speings for 140$ each in front and 100$ each in back
Then got new top plates for 60$
used SVT rear sway for 40$
And then links all around for 50$

Total of : just a bit over 700$
Vehicle: 2002 Focus ZX5 SES
Interior: '00 ZX3 shifter knob, Street Edition cluster, Full Street Edition interior swap
Drivetrain: MBRP Catback
Audio: JVC headunit, 2 10" Sony Subwoofers, Sony Amplifier
Exterior: Rear Wiper Delete, Blackhousing Headlights, 6000k HID's, Stubby antenna mod , SVT 5 Spoke rims, Mach1 front lip
Suspension: Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, SVT rear swaybar
thanks this is really helping im doing a bit of research now ill keep you updated
2007 Focus ZX3 SE Screaming Yellow
Mods: 7" Alpine Double Din In-Dash DVD, Projector Headlights w/ 8000K HID Upgrade, Tinted Windows, Tail lights and 3rd Brake, 17" Motegi MR125 Rims w/ 205 Falken FK452, Ford Racing Dampeners M-18000-ZX3, H&R Sport Springs
Coils are the best, only when you get top brands such as h+r, kw,bilstein

You can get racelands too, which are inexpensive, but Im sure longevity is questionable. I have them and so far have been awesome.

Springs+struts will give you a solid ride and handle well but not like a proper coilover.

If you want a budget spring shock combo, get a set of svt dampeners and eibach sportlines or prokit depending on drop you want.
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Like GFXjamie said, if you want inexpensive go SVT damper kit ($300 shipped to your door from ford racing) and I used those with apex springs (i bought them used, but you get a full set new for a decent price) and they did the trick just fine.
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha