Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus ST price
(05-17-2012, 02:27 AM)dougjp Wrote: Yup, very true. We are getting screwed generally here, and not just specifically by Ford! I took a look at the VW GTi and MazdaSpeed 3, and their list prices are about the same as the ST in both countries, a $ 6k gap or thereabouts. And then of course there's the fees - destination etc. Undecided

I'm the first guy on here to skewer any company that screws around with pricing in this day and age of the on-par dollar - but I'm not sure what you're driving at with the Focus. If anything the yanks are getting screwed - not us.

Here's my analysis of Focus pricing here compared to the US; granted it does not take into consideration any content or packaging differences, but it does take into account the transportation cost, the incentives, and any added government fees we pay here; so I'm comparing retail net to retail net after destination fees but before taxes.

Out of 11 basic model combinations (body/trim/transmission) 7 are cheaper here than in the US: Sedan S, Sedan SE auto, Sedan SE manual, Sedan Titanium manual, Hatch SE manual, Hatch SE auto, and Hatch Titanium manual. The difference ranges from -0.27% to -2.36% for the Sedan SE manual.

The other 4 models are more expensive here: Sedan SEL auto, Sedan Titanium auto, Hatch SEL auto, Hatch Titanium auto. The difference ranges from +3.44% to +4.75%.

We also get SEL models with manual which I don't think is available in the US, so I didn't include that model in the comparison.

On average, across all combinations, Canadian prices are 1.19% higher than in the US ... and it's important to note, that in all cases our manual transmission cars are cheaper than in the US.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I know most auto companies mark up vehicles for canada i just do not understand why. Such a shame. This is why i may never buy new.

$24,495 USD > $29,990 CAD

$25,249.95 @ 1.0102 which is the exchange rate at noon. in a perfect world

I am willing to talk if the price is no more then 28k dealer fee's incl.
I get it that the government protects us against hidden fees that the us get screwed on but i have been reading forums of people preordering the ST3 w moonroof for under 29K
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Going to the states doesn't make sense for me. They won't honour the employee pricing (A-Plan) over there, by the time I import it I save $300. Not worth the hassle.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
am i the only one that thinks the regular focus bumper looks better then the ST front bumper?
(05-31-2012, 02:59 AM)_JET_ Wrote: am i the only one that thinks the regular focus bumper looks better then the ST front bumper?

No
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Pricing is up on Ford Canada's site. Pretty much hidden at this point, in future vehicles, then the options tab.

http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/en/future_vehicles.do
(06-05-2012, 11:33 PM)dougjp Wrote: Pricing is up on Ford Canada's site. Pretty much hidden at this point, in future vehicles, then the options tab.

Actually, that isn't too bad. If you really want one, who cares what the price is............the only unfair part is the usual "small bump" that Canadiands pay for our vehicles.
K&N Filter.....
(06-06-2012, 12:59 AM)oldeguy Wrote:
(06-05-2012, 11:33 PM)dougjp Wrote: Pricing is up on Ford Canada's site. Pretty much hidden at this point, in future vehicles, then the options tab.

Actually, that isn't too bad. If you really want one, who cares what the price is............the only unfair part is the usual "small bump" that Canadians pay for our vehicles.

I agree with that. Its an annoyance, and admittedly common practice amongst all manufacturers when they don't want to sell a model of car in any volume.

Next up, test drives, reviews and comparison tests. When, I'd like to know Shy

(06-06-2012, 01:05 AM)dougjp Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 12:59 AM)oldeguy Wrote:

Actually, that isn't too bad. If you really want one, who cares what the price is............the only unfair part is the usual "small bump" that Canadians pay for our vehicles.

I agree with that. Its an annoyance, and admittedly common practice amongst all manufacturers when they don't want to sell a model of car in any volume.

Next up, test drives, reviews and comparison tests. When, I'd like to know Shy

Go into your local Ford store....ask them when they are arriving. From some of the ride alongs I've read on the web, it's an impressive vehicle.
K&N Filter.....
That price is bang on! Keep in mind, that is the equivalent to the Focus ST ST3 (leather Recaros, HIDs, in the US, which sells for $28,930. To make them truly equivalent, you need to add the tech package here, which is an extra $1000, so $30,999. So really, only $2000 difference.

-Ryan
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
They can now be officially ordered. Ecpect them to arrive late August. Ford Canada can do employee pricing 2!
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES