Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus ST price
(05-04-2012, 04:00 AM)Flofocus Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 06:25 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: Ya i really need to get into something RWD as i have buddies that track higher hp cars regularily in the summer and i am itching to get out there with them. Unfortunetly my SVT does not cut it compared to a Z06, and a 2002 camaro ss.

Get better at driving. You don't know how many times I've seen much lower horsepower cars own guys in that Z06 or whatever higher horsepower car is out there. If your a shitty driver, getting a higher horsepower car will make you even shittier.

Good brakes, good handling and good driving can overcome almost any horsepower advantage - especially on a technical track like say Calabogie.

I have no difficulty whatsoever hanging with M3s, M5s, and any number of other high hp cars except those driven by drivers who are better than me - and the more I race the fewer there are of those.

Even a couple of years ago, my 160 hp Fusion with standard size brakes and just a heavier sway bar and Eibach Pro-kit became something that other drivers began to take note of as I got better as a driver. I really should post the in-car video I have of the Fusion.

In my opinion Luc the worst thing you could do for the development of your driving skills is just go out there and buy horsepower- learn to drive the momentum cars fast and then you will be able to put that horsepower to good use, rather than just become a danger to yourself and others - on the track speed doesn't kill, but inexperience with too much power and false bravado does.

Just my .02 - plus you spend a lot less money that way.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(05-04-2012, 05:24 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote:
(05-03-2012, 06:25 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: Ya i really need to get into something RWD as i have buddies that track higher hp cars regularily in the summer and i am itching to get out there with them. Unfortunetly my SVT does not cut it compared to a Z06, and a 2002 camaro ss.

Get better at driving. You don't know how many times I've seen much lower horsepower cars own guys in that Z06 or whatever higher horsepower car is out there. If your a shitty driver, getting a higher horsepower car will make you even shittier.

Have you every seen me drive?

Nope, but I've seen miatas destroy z06's at bogie. Horsepower isnt everything.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
(05-04-2012, 05:26 AM)Flofocus Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 05:24 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote:

Have you every seen me drive?

Nope, but I've seen miatas destroy z06's at bogie. Horsepower isnt everything.

True. Horsepower/weight + experienced driver.

a Z06 in a skilled drivers hand is a thing to experience.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
I'll find out tomorrow. Were going to bogie, and 1 of the organizers will be trying out his new-to-him Z06. He's an amazing driver so we'll see how my WRX does (i am not an amazing driver, at all, so that will play a huge role)
I have sat passenger in a c6 Z06 @ Mosport with nitto 555r's while Kyle Marcelli of the American lemans series (LMPC) class was driving and it was a born again experience.

I also took some video's of a lapping session i had in a Porsche gt3 running full exhaust and 555r's trying to hunt down a 600hp GTR and a newer awd Porsche turbo at Mosport. That track is scary fast; it makes perfect sense that it is considered 1 of the fastest in the world.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

(05-05-2012, 01:05 AM)02_svt_guy Wrote: I have sat passenger in a c6 Z06 @ Mosport with nitto 555r's while Kyle Marcelli of the American lemans series (LMPC) class was driving and it was a born again experience.

I also took some video's of a lapping session i had in a Porsche gt3 running full exhaust and 555r's trying to hunt down a 600hp GTR and a newer awd Porsche turbo at Mosport. That track is scary fast; it makes perfect sense that it is considered 1 of the fastest in the world.

Lol that's funny about Kyle marcelli... We (MBRP) just started sponsoring him this year... First race this year he crashed, and the last race he got 4th or something.
07 ST 23D • MBRP 2.25 cat-back • cfm 67mm TB • K&n Typhoon • Massive poly dogbone insert • Massive BSD • FRPP Dynamic springs & struts • carbon fibre shift boot & brake boot • SVT HVAC controls • steeda short throw shifter • Tinted w/ brow • SOON TO BE BOOSTED •
Ya 4th in Cali i believe. He is so humble for such a young guy in his position.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

Depending on how things go, I may repeal my "no new cars" edict for a 2013 Focus ST next year. THIS year, I'm all about enjoying some off-road time and finishing the build on Ironhide.

Plus, a "flying spaghetti monster" build may be coming for Subsonic.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Really angry about this and have to vent. Ford Canada does it again.... IMHO, they must have sat around a room and flippantly said lets add a few Thou for each of us by pricing this car way higher than it should be. If asked, we will just say its priced to the market or some such gobblygook, Canadians are too stoopid to know the difference....

What I'm talking about is today the pics on Ford Canada's site have an overlay print saying "Starting at $ 29,999". I'll save you the trouble of doing the math, that's a 26.5% higher price than the base ST in the States, and our dollar is close to the same value as it has been for months. I don't know if the base car here will be the same or not, but lets say the Canadian base car is basically like a ST2 optioned US car, its STILL priced 11.6% higher! Sad
(05-17-2012, 12:47 AM)dougjp Wrote: Really angry about this and have to vent. Ford Canada does it again.... IMHO, they must have sat around a room and flippantly said lets add a few Thou for each of us by pricing this car way higher than it should be. If asked, we will just say its priced to the market or some such gobblygook, Canadians are too stoopid to know the difference....

What I'm talking about is today the pics on Ford Canada's site have an overlay print saying "Starting at $ 29,999". I'll save you the trouble of doing the math, that's a 26.5% higher price than the base ST in the States, and our dollar is close to the same value as it has been for months. I don't know if the base car here will be the same or not, but lets say the Canadian base car is basically like a ST2 optioned US car, its STILL priced 11.6% higher! Sad

Get used to it; A Mustang GT in Canada is $5000 more than the same equipped model in the US. Sad thing is that it's not just Ford that gouges Canadians..

TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
(05-17-2012, 12:59 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 12:47 AM)dougjp Wrote: Really angry about this and have to vent. Ford Canada does it again.... IMHO, they must have sat around a room and flippantly said lets add a few Thou for each of us by pricing this car way higher than it should be. If asked, we will just say its priced to the market or some such gobblygook, Canadians are too stoopid to know the difference....

Get used to it; A Mustang GT in Canada is $5000 more than the same equipped model in the US. Sad thing is that it's not just Ford that gouges Canadians..

I have experience with that, it's what I bought last year. Blush True about some of the other manufacturers too.

Do the legwork and see if it's worth your time to go States-side and import the USDM Focus ST. If it is, even by $1000 or so in the end... do it, and then do what I'd do: send a complete write-up to most major media outlets in your area with copies to FoMoCoCan and FoMoCo. Tell them that the customer "is always right" and when faced with currency parity you'll do what you have to do in order to get the best deal for yourself.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
As I stated earlier, I priced a Focus SEL in Canada and in the US, ( internet pricing ) similarily equipped. The difference was around $5000.00 with the Us being cheaper. That's what happens, I guess when you have a better economy?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....

I hear ya... This is a joke. Maybe it is time i change brand loyalties.
K&N FIPK
STEEDA STS
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
ALPINE H/U

Its not just ford, most manufacturers have higher CND pricing than their US counterparts. I would say all of them do.

29k isn't bad at all - i thought it would have been more TBH.
(05-17-2012, 02:07 AM)Flofocus Wrote: Its not just ford, most manufacturers have higher CND pricing than their US counterparts. I would say all of them do.

Yup, very true. We are getting screwed generally here, and not just specifically by Ford! I took a look at the VW GTi and MazdaSpeed 3, and their list prices are about the same as the ST in both countries, a $ 6k gap or thereabouts. And then of course there's the fees - destination etc. Undecided
(05-17-2012, 02:27 AM)dougjp Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 02:07 AM)Flofocus Wrote: Its not just ford, most manufacturers have higher CND pricing than their US counterparts. I would say all of them do.

Yup, very true. We are getting screwed generally here, and not just specifically by Ford! I took a look at the VW GTi and MazdaSpeed 3, and their list prices are about the same as the ST in both countries, a $ 6k gap or thereabouts. And then of course there's the fees - destination etc. Undecided
I'm pretty sure the VW GTi and the MazdaSpeed 3 are the targets for the Focuc ST. Before you write off the ST, go drive the competition and test drive a Focus Titanium with a manual, if available. If the St is anything similar to the rest of the 2012 Focus line, you might be saying it's a bargain at the price.......maybe
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....

By the way, and admittedly its an exception, the base Mustang V6 in the US has a list of $ 22.2k and here its $ 23.5k, only 5.8% more.

oldeguy, I'm sure it will be great in comparison as they had a lot of time to make sure of that. I wouldn't bother with the MazdaSpeed3 myself, it isn't in the same quality league as the GTi and ST, plus they still have that grill....

focus ST is built on the same chassis as the mazda, isnt it?
The more I do my research into this, the more it sounds like I'll go to Michigan to buy a Focus ST (if it comes to that).