Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi to all - New 2000 Focus owner / Mech in Ottawa?
Hi guys - I got a new to me 2000 Ford Focus sedan.

I know the car is 12 years old, but its awesome....drives great and I love it. Coming from a Civic, and this Focus is way nicer.

May I ask, can someone please recommend a good mechanic in Ottawa? Someone good and honest and knows about the Focus?

(My last mechanic screwed me, thats what you get when you dont do your own research first on forums like these!, but I was taken for a ride, so any suggestions on a good place to bring my Focus would be appreciated - Thanks!)
(05-15-2012, 03:49 AM)esrevenge Wrote: Hi guys - I got a new to me 2000 Ford Focus sedan.

I know the car is 12 years old, but its awesome....drives great and I love it. Coming from a Civic, and this Focus is way nicer.

May I ask, can someone please recommend a good mechanic in Ottawa? Someone good and honest and knows about the Focus?

(My last mechanic screwed me, thats what you get when you dont do your own research first on forums like these!, but I was taken for a ride, so any suggestions on a good place to bring my Focus would be appreciated - Thanks!)

Welcome - we have quite a few active members in the Ottawa / Hull area and a tremendous pool of experience / expertise you can tap into. I'm sure you'll hear from most of them by the end of the day.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(05-15-2012, 04:09 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: Welcome - we have quite a few active members in the Ottawa / Hull area and a tremendous pool of experience / expertise you can tap into. I'm sure you'll hear from most of them by the end of the day.

Thanks bro for the quick reply! Can you pls let me know if Ottawa has a Focus meet and greet?

My car is completely stock, but Id still like to check out other Focus, talk to owners etc.

Hey you have a Focus wagon? - cool! Since Ive had my Focus for the last week, I see Focus on the roads everywhere and noticed here in Ottawa the 00-04 Focus Wagon is probably the most popular Focus around. I hardly see any ZX3 coupes. I see lots of sedans, hardly any 2012 model hatches, and I have not seen a 2012 sedan yet on the road. No SVT models around either Sad

Take care.
Welcome to the Site!

I am sure we will be meeting again soon. I know i am def due for a drinks and wings.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES
EURO SVT RIMS 17" General Exclaim UHP
ALPINE H/U

Winter package includes Euro SVT RIMS with Nokian WR'S
Haha same here Brandon, are we doing.another one? Lol welcome to the site!
Vehicle: 2002 Focus ZX5 SES
Interior: '00 ZX3 shifter knob, Street Edition cluster, Full Street Edition interior swap
Drivetrain: MBRP Catback
Audio: JVC headunit, 2 10" Sony Subwoofers, Sony Amplifier
Exterior: Rear Wiper Delete, Blackhousing Headlights, 6000k HID's, Stubby antenna mod , SVT 5 Spoke rims, Mach1 front lip
Suspension: Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, SVT rear swaybar
hope for a Ottawa meet soon , i am new to the ottawa area , not new to the focus world have had two so far , but i am looking forward to see others with a focus.
(05-15-2012, 03:49 AM)esrevenge Wrote: May I ask, can someone please recommend a good mechanic in Ottawa? Someone good and honest and knows about the Focus?

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/showthr...p?tid=4665
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
If u still haven't found a good technician in ottawa yet and u need advise about ur car come see me at Campbell ford Ottawa. Im a tech their. We're honest and straight up.
2007 black Ford Focus 2.0L zx3.
Powertrain: K&N short ram intake,CFM 65mm throttle body,Fswerks under drive pulley kit,2.5" Fswerks race exhaust,fswerks tune.
Drivetrain: Steeda short throw shifter,ST knob,stage 2 Exedy clutch/flywheel.
Suspension/Chassis: VF rear engine poly mount, all Fswerks-front upper stress bar,rear upper stress bar,front lower stress bar, SVT suspension kit with Ford Racing lowering springs,CFM tubular control arms.
Brakes/Wheels: Ford Racing black rally rims with Maxis rubber, Marco slotted and drilled front rotors,blue Hawk pads,1" spacers at rear,.5" spacers at front.
Cool stuff: 10" P1 sub with JBL amp,lime green valve cover with Fswerks engine cover custom.Big Grin
hi everybody i got a new 2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium Smile