Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orleans/Ottawa/Rockland Member
Hey folks-

Just picked up a nice little 2003 Focus ZTW wagon, 5spd manual with 100,000KM's.

it's a 2nd car for the family, which mates well with our Mazda 3 GT Daily, and my bmw e30 turbo. (50% done now...f'n NATE).

Either way, looking forward to reading up on some how to's for basic maintenance, and eventually maybe getting some suspension work done and nicer wheels..

Cheers
Ryan
(07-26-2012, 12:14 AM)Kittens Wrote: Hey folks-

Just picked up a nice little 2003 Focus ZTW wagon, 5spd manual with 100,000KM's.

it's a 2nd car for the family, which mates well with our Mazda 3 GT Daily, and my bmw e30 turbo. (50% done now...f'n NATE).

Either way, looking forward to reading up on some how to's for basic maintenance, and eventually maybe getting some suspension work done and nicer wheels..

Cheers
Ryan

Welcome Ryan and if you know Nate then you already know a lot about us. Nice to have another wagon in the FC.net family (as you can see from my sig I'm rather partial to them) and excellent that it's a 5-speed and with relatively low km.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Hey Ryan, welcome to the area of the Ottawa Focus crew haha!
Vehicle: 2002 Focus ZX5 SES
Interior: '00 ZX3 shifter knob, Street Edition cluster, Full Street Edition interior swap
Drivetrain: MBRP Catback
Audio: JVC headunit, 2 10" Sony Subwoofers, Sony Amplifier
Exterior: Rear Wiper Delete, Blackhousing Headlights, 6000k HID's, Stubby antenna mod , SVT 5 Spoke rims, Mach1 front lip
Suspension: Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, SVT rear swaybar
Hi Ryan,
Good to see someone nearby. I am in Plantagenet...used to be in Kemptville. I am just getting back into this again. I am a wagon fan as well. I have had 3 wagons and 1 sedan and the wagons are my favourite. I even bought a snowblower and loaded it in the back.

Here is a pic of my last wagon 2004 (RIP). (you can see the "Focuscanada.net" sticker on the rear side window if you squint)
[Image: noracks.jpg]

My GF has a 2002 which I am now starting to "take care of" and as of last year it only had 45K on it. Now it's at 85K because of all the driving from Plantagenet each day. Maybe our paths will cross.

Cheers,
Scott
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Welcome!

-The 'original' Ryan from Ottawa Smile
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Welcome!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Welcome!!
I used to be from Kemptville area but moved to Cornwall..
We should definitly set up an Ottawa meet one of these days!
2002 Ford Focus SE
2.0L DOHC
slammed on Eibach sportline
(03-13-2013, 01:02 AM)Lightzz2k Wrote: Welcome!!

With the right lead time and scheduling, some of us from further west would probably come out to an Ottawa meet - assuming of course we were invited.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(03-13-2013, 06:10 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote:
(03-13-2013, 01:02 AM)Lightzz2k Wrote: Welcome!!

With the right lead time and scheduling, some of us from further west would probably come out to an Ottawa meet - assuming of course we were invited.

NO YOUR NOT INVITED!!!! .... i kid , of course you are welcome to Ottawa.

But yes with the right planning would be good. i know my schedule is a bag of smashed aholes right now. so i may or may not make depending on the Military.
so any meeting for this coming weekend gonna happen in Ottawa?
this coming weekend?!
wasn't planning on it. down to do something this summer though!

I can host, organize etc. BBQ weekend maybe?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
only reason i ask is there is a International car show in Ottawa , maybe going as a group would be kinda cool Tongue and i may have the weekend off , won't know until friday afternoon Sad .