Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Focus ZX5 Project
its actually rattle can paint but it does have flex in it , its meant for bumpers , plastic , abs plastic and so on. its only about a buck or 2 more a can.
Looking good man. Coming along well
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Itty bitty update

First coat of clear is on , now gotta leave it for a few days to properly cure

[Image: 9024v4.jpg]
[Image: wt645h.jpg]
[Image: 2gumiw3.jpg]

and this is after a wetsand to smooth out any overspray or blemishes , then final coat of white , and a wetsand again to smooth it out.

I may not need another coat of clear but i won't know for a day or two.
(11-29-2012, 12:52 PM)incognito27 Wrote: its actually rattle can paint but it does have flex in it , its meant for bumpers , plastic , abs plastic and so on. its only about a buck or 2 more a can.

Is it an exact match color? I was gonna do mine that way but they only sold exact match color spray cans in those little cans and they cost like $12 a can i think. Or is it just generic white?
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
my car is actually cloud 9 white , which whenever i look at any charts from ford didn`t actually appear until 05 or 06 , and i can`t seem to find cloud 9 white in any rattle can, However Oxford white is very very close. so i used that . Once i buff and clean and clay bar the rest of the car you will barely be able to see the difference unless you know what to look for.

If i had a proper paint setup i would have got a exact cloud 9 paint for the sprat gun. But in lew of that and because i was fighting against mother nature and father time , i settled . Come spring i am looking at a make shift spray booth useing one of those portable garage things you can buy for 300 bucks , a heater , compressor and spray gun . Then i can do much nicer work .

Speaking of paint.... Paint job Complete and put together... goes on the car next week.

[Image: 122j0if.jpg]
[Image: 11l4sb4.jpg]

Its going to stay indoors at room temperature for the rest of the weekend and add a little more cureing time. just to make sure. Cold does weird stuff to paint.
still looks pretty damn good for spray cans.
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
I have always been better and paint and body than mechanical. Although i understand the principles of mechanical and have even spent time as a mechanic , i am still way better at paint and body. If this bumper survives the winter , then i will even be surprised. Thankfully it cost very little to do . SPring time i can do a better job if it peels or chips.
I had to do some paint touchups before, I went to carquest and they mixed me up some paint and put them in spray bombs for me.
yea i priced that out but it ended up being more expensive for me to do that , than useing oxford white. i needed as cheap as i could get.

Come spring if i have to do anything i will be looking as a more permanent solution. however saying that , this job seems to be holding up , the bumper flexes with no issues , and even had a small itty bitty bang on a door without issue.

OUTSTANDING JOB LAD!!!
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
/bow thank you thank you , i'll be here till ......... whenever
so a little bit of a teaser for my monday`s project

[Image: 2evzw4m.jpg]
[Image: jv6e53.jpg]

Steeda Plug cover

[Image: 2czzdw9.jpg]
wow! coming along awesome man! loving all the updates!
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.
Ya nice updates bro. Can't wait to c the lights on.
2007 black Ford Focus 2.0L zx3.
Powertrain: K&N short ram intake,CFM 65mm throttle body,Fswerks under drive pulley kit,2.5" Fswerks race exhaust,fswerks tune.
Drivetrain: Steeda short throw shifter,ST knob,stage 2 Exedy clutch/flywheel.
Suspension/Chassis: VF rear engine poly mount, all Fswerks-front upper stress bar,rear upper stress bar,front lower stress bar, SVT suspension kit with Ford Racing lowering springs,CFM tubular control arms.
Brakes/Wheels: Ford Racing black rally rims with Maxis rubber, Marco slotted and drilled front rotors,blue Hawk pads,1" spacers at rear,.5" spacers at front.
Cool stuff: 10" P1 sub with JBL amp,lime green valve cover with Fswerks engine cover custom.Big Grin
They will be going on Monday, weather permitting Tongue supposed to be warmer , but we will see. i need to get the alignment and egr done.

Looks good!

did you get the vibration fixed?
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
(12-04-2012, 04:48 AM)reldridge Wrote: Looks good!

did you get the vibration fixed?

No i did not yet , However i did have Pogo , member on here , take a ride with me , and he thinks it may just be a alignment issue , but if not the rear spindles. I will find out soon enough. EGR is a desperate need right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note ....

So as you recall last i was stoked about installing the new bumper and headlights , but before i could do that i had to finish making my wire harness. Well wire harness done , headlights in , bumper on. But LEDS are not connected yet. that i will have to do tomorrow , ran out of day light.

However i won't leave you Pic less. here is the wire harness. I used Trailer wire harness's to remake a harness for the new headlights. I soldered every connected and used electrical grease in every connector to protect them even more. I will say though that the lights look awsome. Brighter by a long shot. will change the turn signal to a LED light rather than what i am useing. However tomorrow i will hook the LEDs up and then take a few pictures for you all to see.

[Image: 1o3dif.jpg]

[Image: 3025m4p.jpg]

[Image: 25geag4.jpg]
ok so here is the big update a few of you have been waiting for.

to start with here is the LED wireing i did to the Low beam DRL under the hood.

[Image: vcuwra.jpg]

Was very easy to do with the good fuse Block Tap.

And for the pictures everyone has been waiting for..... (drum roll please)

[Image: 2najx9l.jpg]

[Image: 2wq937b.jpg]

[Image: 2ent5k6.jpg]

[Image: 1zecwex.jpg]
and finally this is next for me

[Image: 302p20z.jpg]
I actually like those lights on the focus , great job.
2002 SVT Focus