Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-35c This Morning On The Way To Work
-7 in the garage.

guauge dropped to -30 in about 5 minutes. :blink:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Yeah, lots and lots of accidents across the GTA this morning. Amazing how people just refuse to change their driving habits despite the conditions out there.

I also feel sorry for Go Train users as the Go Trains don't seem to work in anything below 0C... they should really do something about that
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

^^ LOL! No industrial-sized block heaters for the locos? :P

I have a buddy here who says it actually hit -40C last night. I haven't checked into it, but I'm not surprised.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Cant remember where they said it on the radio...think it was somewhere in Manitoba or Sask, but they said it's getting close to -60 with windchill.

R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D :blink:
+12 where i'm at :) work van runs like a dream lol..gotta love texas weather :P
Fusion reported "only" -16C this morning heading in to work so a full 3.5C warmer than yesterday :P :ph34r:

RE: The accidents this AM - We gotta do something to thin out the gene pool of stupid drivers... they aren't Darwinning themselves out fast enough if you ask me :angry:

RE: The GO Trains... hopefully its warmer next week or I'm driving in to downtown Toronto for 9AM for three days straight :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 15 2009, 10:51 AM Wrote:Fusion reported "only" -16C this morning heading in to work so a full 3.5C warmer than yesterday :P :ph34r:

RE: The accidents this AM - We gotta do something to thin out the gene pool of stupid drivers... they aren't Darwinning themselves out fast enough if you ask me :angry:

RE: The GO Trains... hopefully its warmer next week or I'm driving in to downtown Toronto for 9AM for three days straight :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]279575[/snapback][/right]

If you drive, enjoy the $30+ a day parking. :wtf:

I love those idiots that just start their cars and drive off. You know the ones with the frost on the inside of their windows that can't see where they are going. How hard is it to warm up the car before they drive off? Darwinism just isn't working fast enough.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
only -10 high in Sarnia.. Lots of ice floating downt eh River today coming from the lake huron
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Jan 15 2009, 03:14 PM Wrote:only -10 high in Sarnia.. [right][snapback]279585[/snapback][/right]
tanning weather
again it's not that cold out, or atleast I think so, I've been out and about all day today so far and it's not that bad, if anything it's nice as the sun is out.

but what are you guys talking about the GO trains don't run on schedule or work even in plus temps... :rolleyes:
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 15 2009, 02:07 PM Wrote:If you drive, enjoy the $30+ a day parking.  :wtf:

I love those idiots that just start their cars and drive off.  You know the ones with the frost on the inside of their windows that can't see where they are going.  How hard is it to warm up the car before they drive off?  Darwinism just isn't working fast enough.
[right][snapback]279583[/snapback][/right]

Even though I'll get the $ back yeah $30 per day would be a nice kick in the pants (Then again between the GO fare both ways and the TTC fare both ways, it might come out even :wtf:)

Oh speaking of idiots that refuse to clear their windscreens, sawa Firechicken out in the snow last night whose back window was completely obstructed by snow... I guess the meathead figures that he doesn't have to watch out behind him because no one would hit a Firechicken :lol:

NefCanuck
+20 C where I am. Laid off on my ass at home. Yay!
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Frost is right. Suck it up bitches.

Just got back from a 4 day snowmobile trip. Sledding for 8-10 hours a day. Lots of fun and lots if snow. It snowed 16" over the 4 days we were out.

I love being laid off.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Oscar The Grouch,Jan 15 2009, 04:24 PM Wrote:+20 C where I am.  Laid off on my ass at home.  Yay!
[right][snapback]279596[/snapback][/right]

Go throw a tarp over that poor Focus that you refuse to drive. :P

As far as I'm concerned, this is Canada. If your daytime highs are warmer than -15C, you've got it good. When I'm driving through town and the OAT gauge is varying between -34 and -36 (like this morning on the way to work), that's before windchill and f***ING cold.

Re Darwinism: send them to North Bay. We'll send them out onto Lake Nipissing, promising $5000 to the first person to catch a Rainbow Trout.

Just keep sending more Darwin nominees, cause there aren't any Rainbows in that lake! :lol: :rofl:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
meford4u,Jan 15 2009, 09:27 PM Wrote:I love being laid off.
[right][snapback]279613[/snapback][/right]

Did I miss something?
meford4u,Jan 15 2009, 09:27 PM Wrote:I love being laid off.
[right][snapback]279613[/snapback][/right]

I wish I had your sense of enthusiasm. Being this is my first time being laid off, it has been rather worrisome and sometimes scary when you think. However my prospects of finding new work are good.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin