Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED Hatchback Tail Lights (Black Housing) SOLD!!
If you want to set these up there is some things you will need to know, our stock harness wont work with this cause they are setup for bulbs not LEDs, I went to the scrap yard and took some harness's out of Acuras and just cut the wiring and made it work, I bought these off KBcarstuff for $168.94 plus tax and shipping, I had a pair that lasted about a couple months and the left one blew a LED so I got a refund set and same thing happen I check my volts for each wire and its good, they said it has happen many times, so I'm gonna show a picture of these to show what I mean, 1 blew but the rest dimed on the left light, the right light is perfect though, I have the same set on the car now this is just a spare set I have, the diming only shows when you have ur lights on at night, all the LEDS work fine when braking or turning, another thing I don't have any resisters in it so my signals tick fast another thing you should know but I like it.

[attachment=843] So this is the left light with the lights on, as you can see 3 are bright and rest are dimmed and one isn't working at all

[attachment=844] This is the right light on as you can see the difference, all them are bright

[attachment=845] This is the Left, works fine when you signal or Brake, besides the 1 LED being burnt out, it used to bug me but eh not so much anymore, these are all the details you will need to know if you decide to Buy them

Price $80.00 Firm
The reason they keep blowing is because (I'm willing to bet) that they are designed for Euro spec tails that don't flash, they are running lights and brake lights. US spec are running lights, brake lights and the signals add voltage that I'm assuming the culprit for your blown LEDs. Did you install resistors to controls the flash voltage? I had the same thing happen when I tried LED bulbs way back in the day....
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
actually whoever assembled that taillights did not use proper resistors to work with cars.

they need to think that voltage goes all the way up to 15.2v and they really need to use zener diodes to regulate voltage..

this is a common problem when people use leds that are constantly ON while driving.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(05-19-2013, 11:57 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: actually whoever assembled that taillights did not use proper resistors to work with cars.

they need to think that voltage goes all the way up to 15.2v and they really need to use zener diodes to regulate voltage..

this is a common problem when people use leds that are constantly ON while driving.

They are always off, unless I turn my lights on, when I signal every LED goes bright same goes for braking, I never used resistors cause it worked fine for a couple months didn't think it be a problem, the lights in the car where fine none stayed on but my blinker was faster, due to not having a resistor. So that was my mistake, I should of put them in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ST170 Rear Tail lights 0XDESVT 10 6,445 10-29-2014, 06:45 AM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey
  ST170 Euro Focus Bumper w/ lights Magnum Grey and Panther Black 0XDESVT 8 7,590 03-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV
  Hatchback Tinted Tail Light ZX3_2NV 2 1,846 01-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Last Post: muttsnutts
  Mid Wing For Hatchback (SOLD) 2MuchDub4U 24 11,016 02-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Last Post: 2MuchDub4U
  FS Blue/Black SVT Seats SOLD ZX3_2NV 12 8,188 05-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch
  F/S-00-04 Ford Racing Sedan Tail Lights 02ztsian 1 1,712 07-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Last Post: 02ztsian
  2000 - 2004 tail lights and gauges blue_light 0 1,449 10-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Last Post: blue_light
  Euro Tail Lights For Sale faster_than_u 2 1,835 10-04-2008, 02:57 AM