Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stock arms with poly or cfm tubular arms with poly
Hey everyone,

So I went to my garage to get this front knocking noise check out. It started after I hit a piece of curb that was in the middle of the street this winter thanks snow plows.
Anyways I need to change my control arm so i might as well change both while I am at it.
Just looking for everyone's opinion on ether Stock control arms with poly bushing [Image: DSCN0164_zps9c78e516.jpg]
or cfm tubular control arms.
[Image: cfm-6-0050-bk_zpsbe9a8e40.jpg]
Not sure which I should get any input would be great, Only using my car as a dd.

Thanks
Poly mounts are great for a daily driver. The cfm arms are great for track use but you loose some durability if you use them on the street.
I used stock and put poly bushings in
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Cool thanks guys, yeah I am leaning toward the stock with poly since i can get 2 arms at Kenny's for 38 instead of 1 new one for 200 and poly bushings for around 50. Just need to make sure i get 2 arms with good ball joints i have heard its a hell of a time to get the ball joint rivets out.

Oh and Drunkinmonkey i was just wondering with your turbo set up are you still emissions legal ? I Always wondered if turbos could be legal or not.
(06-09-2013, 02:04 PM)zx3wantobesvt Wrote: Cool thanks guys, yeah I am leaning toward the stock with poly since i can get 2 arms at Kenny's for 38 instead of 1 new one for 200 and poly bushings for around 50. Just need to make sure i get 2 arms with good ball joints i have heard its a hell of a time to get the ball joint rivets out.

Oh and Drunkinmonkey i was just wondering with your turbo set up are you still emissions legal ? I Always wondered if turbos could be legal or not.
yea (most) turbo kits are emissions legal. Most of the auto manufacturers are going more towards forced induction.
Oh okay, thanks adamzx5 Smile
(06-09-2013, 02:04 PM)zx3wantobesvt Wrote: Cool thanks guys, yeah I am leaning toward the stock with poly since i can get 2 arms at Kenny's for 38 instead of 1 new one for 200 and poly bushings for around 50. Just need to make sure i get 2 arms with good ball joints i have heard its a hell of a time to get the ball joint rivets out.

if you know someone at a stealership you can get em both, OEM ford for about 300 + tax
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
(06-10-2013, 09:57 AM)zx3wantobesvt Wrote: Oh okay, thanks adamzx5 Smile

np. With the new etest it will be even easier to pass.
(06-09-2013, 02:04 PM)zx3wantobesvt Wrote: Oh and Drunkinmonkey i was just wondering with your turbo set up are you still emissions legal ? I Always wondered if turbos could be legal or not.

no, i am not emissions legal

btw there is a focus at kenny that has already had its ball joints changed. i believe its a tan or green wagon. grab those ones as the rivets have already been drilled out and replaced with the new bolt in ones
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
if you know someone at a stealership you can get em both, OEM ford for about 300 + tax
[/quote]

Sadly i dont know anyone, I did give them a call and they wan 232 for right side and 200 for left.

(06-10-2013, 10:16 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 02:04 PM)zx3wantobesvt Wrote: Oh and Drunkinmonkey i was just wondering with your turbo set up are you still emissions legal ? I Always wondered if turbos could be legal or not.
no, i am not emissions legal
btw there is a focus at kenny that has already had its ball joints changed. i believe its a tan or green wagon. grab those ones as the rivets have already been drilled out and replaced with the new bolt in ones

Is you focus just gonna be for track then ?

And i would grad them for sure if i was in hamilton Tongue
I just gotta keep looking in gatineau and ottawa.
ya just realized you wernt in hamilton i was just reading another thread haha

no i still drive it on the road. ill get the emissions put back on over the winter this year probably. only hing i dont have is the EGR. everything else is still there

actuay the car just barley failed the sniff test by a few points.
with the new system im not sure if its emissions freindly or not. ill go down that road when i have to get it done later on this year
Instagram @o_so_slo
All good lol, and yeah just put it on when you need to pass the test and off when all done Tongue
Egr doesn't do much anyways id get one from kenny's and just fit it so it looks like its still their just for the test in case they do a visual inspection.
visiual or not it wont matter, the new e-test is all done by the cars computer now
from what i hear if your cars tuned you fail so no idea what im going to do..might have to turn it into a racecar after that not sure
Instagram @o_so_slo
Oh yeah I forgot that they changed that etest. From what ive been reading people alot more people are failling the test even new cars.
But I think you will only fail a test from a tune if you turned off any sensor so they appear n/a or not ready. I hope that its true or else ill fail too.
I have to redo mine in october but i wanto be ready for it not just show up and fail.

I think ill make a new thread about it. Im sure some people on here must have passed/failed the new test by now.
If its an egr problem and you turn it off with your xcal you will fail. Same goes for o2 sensors.
Yeah that's what i thought, well I am all good since i hooked all that up Smile.
And I think if you only have 1 problem that comes up as a failure and as long as you don't have anymore then 1 you should pass.
Exactly. Ur only allowed 1 monitor to not be ready.
2007 black Ford Focus 2.0L zx3.
Powertrain: K&N short ram intake,CFM 65mm throttle body,Fswerks under drive pulley kit,2.5" Fswerks race exhaust,fswerks tune.
Drivetrain: Steeda short throw shifter,ST knob,stage 2 Exedy clutch/flywheel.
Suspension/Chassis: VF rear engine poly mount, all Fswerks-front upper stress bar,rear upper stress bar,front lower stress bar, SVT suspension kit with Ford Racing lowering springs,CFM tubular control arms.
Brakes/Wheels: Ford Racing black rally rims with Maxis rubber, Marco slotted and drilled front rotors,blue Hawk pads,1" spacers at rear,.5" spacers at front.
Cool stuff: 10" P1 sub with JBL amp,lime green valve cover with Fswerks engine cover custom.Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  poly engine bushings? jtdanks 15 4,669 01-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Poly Bushings hardk0re 14 6,903 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Last Post: hardk0re
  front control arms camber adjustable rnzo86 3 1,781 04-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Last Post: 0XDESVT
  Poly Engine Mounts bigman 9 2,461 09-19-2006, 08:06 AM
Last Post: Focus Is Art
  Control Arms jayburn 0 1,144 04-27-2004, 12:04 AM
Last Post: jayburn