Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poly Engine Mounts
anyone in canada sell poly drivers and passenger side mounts. im also considering adding the energy suspension bushing kit. any down falls. i have to do my front balljoints anyways so i figured ill do the bushings at the same time. lemme know.

Lates.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
bigman,Sep 11 2006, 09:35 PM Wrote:anyone in canada sell poly drivers and passenger side mounts.  im also considering adding the energy suspension bushing kit.  any down falls.  i have to do my front balljoints anyways so i figured ill do the bushings at the same time.  lemme know.

Lates.
[right][snapback]206543[/snapback][/right]

if you keep an eye on the fj/ff for sale forums you'll find someone selling some. Only downfall, you might have to wait a bit for them to pop up.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Steeda.ca...
Just call up your local speed shop, i have the energy bushing kit and i had an energy engine mount (lower) and it worked fine , i mean its just a block of polypropaline.... they arent that expensive either, however you will notice eventually you'll get little rattles here and there in the car , as the mounts really dont absorb all the vibration that the stock mounts do ....
Steeda.ca or ZX3TUNING in Canada, but as mentioned keep an eye on the big Focus boards in the US. Probably find something used for a reasonable price there.
i work for the local speed shop but i cant get the passenger side engine mount. i have the dog bone inserts. the questions about the bushing was a general one. im bascially looking a reason to buy them. lates.
The reason you put them in is to stiffen the engine mount points so that essentially the power that you are making is not going into moving the engine but moving the car , in a car with rubber mounts some of the engine power goes into acutaly moving the engine in the car on the mounts , the stock rubber mounts offer a nice dampning effect , so that shifts are not as harsh , putting the poly mounts in will stiffen these mounting points up and direct the energy that would otherwise move the engine on the mounts into putting that power into the chassis and drive train, so your shifts will be much more crisp enabling faster shifts.
random note.. try to ride in someone's car who has the exact ones you are looking for. i have STi Group N engine and trans mounts in my subaru and there is a LOT more vibration.. a bit hard to live with for what i think is a marginal gain...
im just gettin a new stock peice for the passenger side mount. the suspension bushing may happen thou, all depends.
I have the lower mount bushing, rear swaybar bushing, rear control bar bushing, rear spring isolator cap. The only bad thing is the installation, it is PITA.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stock arms with poly or cfm tubular arms with poly zx3wantobesvt 16 8,295 07-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Last Post: pogo
  poly engine bushings? jtdanks 15 4,707 01-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Last Post: adamzx5