Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back To Stock Rubber - What To Do?
I've decided that unless someone gives me a good reason, the stock 16" rims will stay in effect as winter rims at the very least. They're the easiest size to buy winter tires for (and cheapest!) and I obviously already have the TPMS sensors.

If I run the Contis 24/7/365, it's easily the cheapest route. They're not great off-road, so trail crawls will have to be thought out / scouted ahead. They're not winter rubber, but so far driving today has been fine (snowpacked, slushy, wet areas are all good so far).

If I swap winters and Contis back and forth all the time on the stock rims, eventually they're gonna be beat up. If I get a set of winter 16" lightweight rims, I'll need TPMS sensors - possibly more costly than the rims.

I've been re-thinking the offroadability of the truck. It does great in the snow, but that's only snow. Those aren't rocks and drop-offs and other evil s*** that ruins trucks of all types. I might just get some lightweight 17s or 18s, get some sensors and some sport truck rubber and call it a day. Or, another set of 16s with serious off road-geared rubber and try it again.

No matter what, I'll never do used rubber again... no matter how cheap (even free).

Fire away, boys.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Hay Adam there is a place in Brantford that sells factory take off's , rims and tires or just rims. I'll see what they have for a 08 escape. As for me I'm using rims and tires from my 07 as snows, the TMS only beeps when I firts start it and the tire mark stays on...oh well I never had TMS before, I just kick the tires sometimes....Oldschool??
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I say wait till spring and throw some big wheels with mudders on there and swap the for Conti's for Winters in the fall.

Edit: Or you could throw some 22"'s on there and pimp it out.

[Image: 2667558_5_full.jpg]
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Canadian ST,Jan 8 2009, 03:22 PM Wrote:Hay Adam there is a place in Brantford that sells factory take off's , rims and tires or just rims. I'll see what they have for a 08 escape. As for me I'm using rims and tires from my 07 as snows, the TMS only beeps when I firts start it and the tire mark stays on...oh well I never had TMS before, I just kick the tires sometimes....Oldschool??
[right][snapback]279289[/snapback][/right]

What is the place in brantford called?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

^^ Yeah, X2 man.

I'd be interested in some 17s at the right price. Sadly, and I don't know if this should scare me or not, but the optional 17s for the 08+ Escapes are growing on me.

EDIT - LOL @ 22s. :lol: A few guys on Escape-Central.com are running them... if the truck had more power / could make more power (and pull off the look), sure. As it is, I figure 18s are about all you need to "pimp it out"... 20s, max. 22s are just "look at these, steal these" overkill in my mind.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
22s look absolutely ghey.
Keep in mind, 2005+ Mustang rims fit... :)

I saw a 1st gen Escape rocking Bullit rims one day. Looked pretty hot!
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Mustang rims would indeed be sweet. I wonder what the backspacing difference is with those Bullitt rims?

Not 100% sure on the backspacing but I know they are compatable with the Fusion application as well (I'll be running a set of those in black once the weather warms up... in July at this rate :ph34r: :lol:)

NefCanuck
No s***, eh Dan? Let me know what pricing you get!

NOS2Go4Me,Jan 9 2009, 08:04 PM Wrote:No s***, eh Dan? Let me know what pricing you get!
[right][snapback]279354[/snapback][/right]

I'm sending an email to my Dixie Ford parts guy (who is going to run the Disney World marathon on Sunday, better him than me 42.4KM :ph34r:) and will be getting prices and timelines to the parts I'm after when he gets back

(I want to place the order and time the install so that I can enjoy the changes without having to worry about the white stuff for a while <_<)

NefCanuck

Depending on how money looks in the spring, I was going to see what Ken could find as well.