Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Artwork
I've been learning over the past few weeks how to create digital art using fractal images. It's been quite the painstaking process but it's starting to bear fruit.

Here is a small collection of my better work. After showing some of my work to a writer friend, I'm told he wants me to do some original work for him for his novel series that he's writing right now as interior art (at the beginning of a chapter, etc). I was floored. :)

Anyone can create this stuff, but it takes time to learn the settings and scripts. I'm happy to help out if I can. :) The software is called Apophysis. I'm using a combination of their latest stable release, 2.02, and some beta software that brings some much-needed enhancements to the show - version 2.08b currently.

Some are fractals and some are perfect sphere fractals, commonly referred to as Dragon Eggs. Googling "fractal Dragon Eggs" will likely get you well on your way to making your own if it interests you.

Enjoy. :)

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/log...amx/DragonEggs/
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Those are pretty nice looking Nos. Good job
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

looks very cool.................even better if you're on something
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Thanks fellas!

I've streamlined the actual render process down to a few hours now for most "common" renders... but render times of up to a day are possible for super high-quality stuff.

I'm thinking of branching out into nature and wildlife photography and then combining digital media (or adding it alongside) to create wall-worthy prints and such.

I'll update that link's content as I go. :) Feedback is appreciated!

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
It does look good Nos. Bravo!
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Nice work Adam!
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
[Image: Apophysis-081218-223.png]

Looks much better than the pics I used to take when I smoked :lol:

Great work. Take a lot of time?
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
3-6 hours for most of the ones seen there... for stuff above and beyond that (that you've linked to), anywhere from 10-48 hours.

I'll do custom work, suitable for printing and framing (only half-joking), if you give me a basic theme or concept you have in mind. :)

Thanks for the feedback fellas... I'll keep updating that link as I get time and more work done!