Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camber Issues - Bolt Kit?
Hey Guys,

I'm in a bit of a bind at the moment. In the recent snowy weather, the FRPP suspension kit has revealed that it threw my alignment much further out of whack than I realized. To the point where the car isn't safe to drive on anything but clear pavement (Hard to find this week).

The alignment shop doesn't think the stock toe adjustment will be enough without correcting the camber first (on the rear end), leaving me in urgent need of a set of camber bolts.

Wondering if anyone has a set lying around that they'd be willing to sell or have replaced in the near future. I'm trying to avoid the shipping delays to get my car back on the road. Best I've been able to find so far would get the bolts to me late next week.

I live in Cambridge/work in Mississauga and could borrow a car to meet up somewhere in the Cambridge/Hamilton/Mississauga area (or in between). If anyone is able to assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
Sry buddy I've got nothing. I just went and bought all the adjustable arms I could.

When you go low on the back it will wear the s**t out of the tires instantly
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Sorry George - I've got nothing that will help in the short term. If you end up ordering something from the US, I can help expedite it.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Thanks guys,

I ended up ordering through Steeda - should have them this afternoon.

Although I swear Murphy has a hate on for me right now. First, the mechanic I usually use had the heat go out in his shop, freezing the pipes, which burst and flooded the place. Then the alignment shop figured out I needed the camber bolts which caused a week delay. And now the alternate mechanic is on vacation for the next week!

-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
wish I read this earlier. we stock eibach camber bolts
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Alignment shop should be able to install bolts to depending where you are going. If you need them put in so shop can adjust let me know and I can help if need be
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
Thanks again for the offers. I ended up going to the Beverly Tire on Hespler (I don't get under the car in the cold Smile). Very happy with the service, took them just shy of an hour to do the camber bolts, paid the shop rate. Alignment went perfect after.

For those searching in the future for the FRPP springs M-5560-ZX3B and struts/shocks M-18000-ZX3B combo. On my 2007 ZX4 SES which was otherwise stock (in the suspension dept) the camber on the front end went from -0.4/-0.7 before installing the kit to -0.9/-1.4 after. The impact on toe was -0.07/-0.06 to -.11/-.28. On the rear of the car, camber went from -1.1/-1.4 to -1.8/-2.1 and the toe went from 0.21/0.20 to 0.60/0.69. This is obviously very not ok to drive on.

The front end camber I can live with and the toe is no issue to adjust. I may have been able to get the toe in spec on the rear without camber bolts, but I didn't want to chance it (and pay for two alignments in a row). So with the rear camber bolts installed we were able to set it to -1.0/-1.1 and then with the stock adjusters for toe, we had no problem hitting 0.10 on each side.

No more ice skates in the snow!!

*All measurements in Degrees, not inches!!*

-George