Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Build!
Tapped my turbo manifold for my exhaust gas temp gauge. talk about nerv wracking!

[Image: 20140819_180629_zps26whzgac.jpg]
[Image: 20140819_180720_zpszlgaav9j.jpg]
[Image: 20140819_185353_zpskj8eogqp.jpg]

I got the prosport digital EGT and its awesome, super quick and accurate. very helpful for sure! so now my whole pillar is just turbo related as of guages. oh and whats that...new steering wheel!?!?!? deep dish style. I love it!

[Image: 20140820_172312_zpsjgwdu50s.jpg]

Another fun update is the front, thanks to John I got me a new front grill and black lined headlights. Also cut out that front lower grill to show off the front mount intercooler.

[Image: 20140823_183618_zpsn5vujk1s.jpg]

I also ended up melting my rear diffuser so i ripped it off and couldnt get my hands a SAP rear diffuser, so joey mentioned he had a spare SVT and well...never seen an SVT rear diffuser on the back of a sedan before. so Voila! looks killer i think....thoughts?!
[Image: 20140901_181106_zpsdhl80nj5.jpg]
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
I say nice!

Joey says Mint!
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

well done buddy. looking better and better
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
So another long time between updates...but i've been busy busy busy! now have our new son Isaac to contend with, born sept 19th (one hour after my birthday) weighing 5lb 15oz. but most importantly very healthy.

[Image: 20140925_204010_zpsxjsbie0c.jpg]

so moving forward! Turns out massive sway bar links are super handy and an awesome product but MAKE SURE THE NUTS ARE TIGHT! turns out mine were quite tight enough and worked itself loose
[Image: 20140913_151604_zpscqo6ubu9.jpg]

another super fun thing to brake is a clutch master! I didn't believe the curse of the stage 3 clutch...turns out its true! haha blew two of them within a day or two of each other. Luckily I was close to GFXjamies shop and got it towed there to raise up the car (i know i know BOO! raised up car) and replace the master.

[Image: 20141010_173807_zpsp6ld4ipb.jpg]

after blowing the two i got word of an all metal master and managed to get my hands on one. all problems solved after that!
[Image: 20141010_172608_zpsbbop8qhl.jpg]

on a side note i did raise the car up and got my hands on a nice set of 5 spoke OZ wheels from joey! they look killer on the sedan.
[Image: 20141012_115646_zpsby8b5svj.jpg]

GFXjamie and I have also been working on a wicked idea....SCREAMER PIPE!!!
Turns out together we can make a damn good looking downpipe. Jamie welded it up, I just cut and mocked it up.
[Image: IMG_3296_zpsnhjdaavm.jpg]
[Image: IMG_5739_zpswyglgi1t.jpg]
[Image: 20141013_131226_zpsq3xvq0yd.jpg]
05 focus se SLAMMED! 5 speed tranny swap with exedy stage 3 hypersingle clutch, raceland coils, MBRP exhaust, FSWERKS stage 2 turbo kit. Massive adjusting camber, toe arms. Steeda's HUGE rear sway bar with upgraded links. Roll bar in the back no backseats. no radio and tons of gauges!

...because RACECAR! haha
Where did you source the metal M/C?
Part source. The brand is Dorman

...because RACECAR! haha
sweet tits! nice job Brandon
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
What does a screamer pipe do? And isn't something going to crack when you weld both sides of the flex section to the solid pipe beside it?

Nice build by the way.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Yeah I noticed that too. We have to tweek it a bit yet. And essentially it expels all the extra gases when the wastegate open to give less stress on the turbo.

...because RACECAR! haha
Lol whoops, I didn't even notice I welded it down there past the flex. Do you have a sound clip of it yet Brandon?
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
way to go Jaime lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
unfortunately theres no sound clip yet Sad but In other news we decided to trade in the 2014 focus already (only 7000k on it) and get a 2014 escape to suite our baby needs haha, as drunkinmonkey says...#babyproblems.
[Image: 20141026_165341_zpsebg3nxn5.jpg]

also ended up selling off my cage and seats to run a complete SVT interior now (minus door panels)
Im kinda veering away from the full blown race car look and going to try to get more a slammed daily look with boost of coarse. and this way I can put the baby in the back if i ever needed to if i was in a pinch #babyproblems.

[Image: 20141102_210636_zpsxjmnj4dx.jpg]
[Image: 20141102_210728_zps0rnxew1q.jpg]

other than that not much more has happened with the focus, ive got a million trim peices to intstall for the back now and needs as alignment....and what else....OH YEAH. IT BLEW UP! haha yes thats right, she finally kicked the bucket...hard. Right through the oil pan.
[Image: 20141107_210949_zpslhtefqif.jpg]
[Image: 20141107_210955_zpscveqq2xc.jpg]

I honestly thought i'd be pissed when this happened but im actually kinda glad, because now I get to build a motor this winter Smile and while the motors out clean up and bay and add some paint!

now just need to get somewhere to put it for the winter.

Let the fun begin!

...because RACECAR! haha
very cool build man!!
hahahaha!!! nice pick up man. shitty about the blown motor thoughSad

may I suggest a new carpet lol. or vacuum/clean/dye your current one lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
yeah I know my carpets super shot, Going to get a new dark black carpet to really clean it up. And finally paint that damn center console haha

...because RACECAR! haha
That is an insane amount of work you've done...I have to do a lot of the same on my pickup truck once I finally start taking it apart and accumulating some parts (a-la Belltech/Edelbrock/Heddman, etc).

Koodo's to you and all you've done! I am looking to do a bit of work to my DD now(04 Sentra SE-R Spec V) after looking at threads like this online the last few months.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Over the weekend john, joey and I went crazy in a tiny garage tearing out the blown motor...was soo much to work together! at one point I did start to think we were going crazy. haha

anywho, here's an empty bay. Story of my life

[Image: 20150103_145114_zpsiax8itpr.jpg]

and now for the damage!!! DUN DUN DUN!

here's the oil pump...notice how the chain is off of it...yeah we didn't do that when taking it apart
[Image: 20150103_162414_zpse74kj4fo.jpg]

whats left of the oil pan
[Image: 20150103_162420_zpsdvzwuhgp.jpg]

under the motor, missing connecting arm
[Image: 20150103_162436_zpsuoosiikv.jpg]

and a missing piston
[Image: 20150103_162445_zpsmslqo4lx.jpg]

There was also two holes in the block and surprisingly the head was NOT damaged what so ever, super lucky I guess. anyone wanna buy a head? lol

anywho here's the new motor in all summed up. The battery didn't have enough juice in it to start it right away and with it being super late when we finished it had to wait to get jumped the next day.

THE NEXT DAY...DUN DUN DUN!!! so after boosting it, IT WORKED! holy poopnuggets. the new exhaust is a little louder than originally intended but its complete and shiny so its all good. The only other issue is no clutch pedal (just air in the line) and when i tapped the throttle (from the motor) it gave me a crazy noise...hard to explain...that's the next thing to check out and then i'll give you an update!

...because RACECAR! haha
you still working on this thing lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
It was only stock with like 15+ pounds of boost ripping on a genesis lol and it did it proudly!
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Yeah she blew up pretty good and hauled ass doing so. But in other news, I figured out what my mystery noise is. It's an arp nut in my head...shitty part is trying to get it out.

...because RACECAR! haha