Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2000zx3sct's Wagon / SVT build
(07-23-2014, 08:26 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: Just got this , only place that could understand me was AA Auto Parts on Barton street . Every other place I called said "oh we don't have a listing for svt" . I even called ford and they said there is none in north america lol . I got this one though .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
-2003 SVT Wagon - Euro Conversion , currently retired
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
2011 SES - daily driver will be modded soon .                                                                                                                                                        
correct me if im wrong. but isn't an svt steering rack the same as a normal focus steering rack?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
[quote='drunkinmonkey' pid='255446' dateline='1406117053']
correct me if im wrong. but isn't an svt steering rack the same as a normal focus steering rack?
I thought it was the same also but talked to the guys on Facebook and the turning ratio is actually different , someone on here can probably explain it better than I can . But it is an upgrade, a lot of them were saying you will notice the difference if you were to put a regular one in .
2002 SVT Focus
Procharger @ 10psi , Clutch Masters Stage 3 Clutch,Stainless Borla Exhaust, Ebc dimpled + slotted rotors and brakes ,Russel Stainless brake lines , Koni adjustable shocks ,Eibach Sportline Springs , CFM short throw shifter , Euro Grill , CFM 65mm tb , Mach Headlights , MSD Coil ,SCT Dyno tune @ steeda , Volant Intake .  
Svt side skirts , st170 front bumper , mach headlights , spax rear adj shocks , focus sport rear springs , volant CAI , Roof rack delete , Street edition Spoiler , MBRP exhaust , Eibach front swaybar , shorty shifter and lots more to come!                             .
Yes they are different as far as turning goes due to 17" wheels on svt
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
different as in the turning radius is better or worse?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Il say slightly worse my zx3 svt doesnt turn as sharp as my svt'd wagon its not much but slight. As the "stops" limit it so you dont rub tire on the inner. Where as my wagon I can rub tire all day trim the inner wheel wells n keep the wagon rack.
AFAIK the turning ratio is also different - the SVT being fewer turns lock to lock; ie: quicker.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I don't think the ratio varied, just less rotation available to keep tire off inner fenders which will make it turn less lock to lock. Only way to tell is to measure sub frame to sprindle at center and crank wheel to one side and measure again and count or record revolutions
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(07-24-2014, 03:57 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: I don't think the ratio varied, just less rotation available to keep tire off inner fenders which will make it turn less lock to lock. Only way to tell is to measure sub frame to sprindle at center and crank wheel to one side and measure again and count or record revolutions

I wrote a lot of the FoC promotional material for the FSVT and, although my memory could be failing me, I'm pretty sure the ratio was different.

Also found this in wikipedia:

wikipedia Wrote:[ST170 had] ... Revised power steering 'falling-flow' pump and close ratio steering rack.

(07-24-2014, 12:01 AM)2000zx3sct Wrote: [quote='drunkinmonkey' pid='255446' dateline='1406117053']
I thought it was the same also but talked to the guys on Facebook and the turning ratio is actually different , someone on here can probably explain it better than I can . But it is an upgrade, a lot of them were saying you will notice the difference if you were to put a regular one in .

All the Ford listings I find, as well as a lot of reman listings, show different numbers for SVT steering rack vs. non-SVT Foci - although I think from many practical perspectives they could be interchangeable.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I believe they are interchangeable and the ratio is different for sure . Hoping this will fix the issues I'm having . Along with the new cv shaft that just arrived today from rockauto .

2002 SVT Focus
Watch out alot of the half shafts I got off rock auto for the wagon when I did the 6speed were the incorret spline on the trans side. They were all non svt even tho there listed svt. I ended up sending 4 back and said screw it and ot them from steve @ ford.
Really eh ?thats shitty the first one I got was good , now just doing the other side . This one here said "6 speed" under the listing . It appears to have the same groves in it just after the splines . We will see on Friday when everything goes on .

Post some pics on here of your wagon , dunno why I couldn't get them on my phone .
2002 SVT Focus
So went to Toronto yesterday and picked up some focus sport lowering springs and spax adjustable shocks for the rear of my wagon . Luckily enough someone on Kijiji was selling them brand new . From what I heard his previous wagon had lots of parts from dru's (ZX32NV) old blue monster . He also gave me a cf hood and rear svt control arms. Here's a pic of the guys old wagon .

In the process of putting the new springs in so stay tuned for pictures of the rear .

2002 SVT Focus
Well I managed to beat the rain . Weird weather we are having here it's raining off and on but it sits a lot lower than before .

Here's the wheel ago before hand so it's quite a difference

2002 SVT Focus
Few update pics once again .

Euro side markers

2002 SVT Focus
looks awesome man. that other wagon looks really familiar too
Instagram @o_so_slo
Thanks , couple things left to do on the list . Got a CFM lower engine mount on its way . I would like to get a sct tuner and slap a tune on it . Removed the awful pin stripes today also , was a bit of a pain . Tried finding one of those rubber eraser wheels from 3M but didn't see any at crappy tire , so used a heat gun and a plastic scrapper .

Huge difference .

2002 SVT Focus
THIS IS HOW YOU PROPERLY MOD A CAR. Make it exactly the way you want using a clean shell, and grafting interchangeable parts from other models into it. It's like your own version of "Gramps" from mighty car mods.

I commend you, and applaud you with all that you have done. I am still trying to resist doing an engine swap to my own car that I have now which is a 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (wanna do the VQ35 swap from a Maxima or 350Z/G35 into it...and it will drop right in).

Again, Bravo!
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Thanks , still lots to do to it ! , i update the build thread on focus fanatics weekly. But what ive done recently is the oil pan , and fixed the abs problem all with junkyard parts . Costed me 14 bucks in the end . Im still tossing up the idea of whether or not i will boost it next year or just keep it as a winter car . I picked up an svt rear that i plan on moulding into the rear bumper . Other thing i want to do is color match the svt side skirts and door handles and front bumper to the car. Other than that its been really fun modifying it and best part is ive gotten no hassle from the cops even with the european liscence plate on the front bumper . Oh and i love that gramps build that those crazy aussies are doing , gives me a ton of inspiration

Couple of my new favourite shots    

Rear end shot .

2002 SVT Focus
I seen the car a couple of times when your dad had it, I must say it's one hell of a build! Enjoy it and if you sell it contact me first.